CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
kaziahmmed said:
I think you should provide while u were sending the POF, I remember i have made only 2200CAD two months earlier when they have requested me the bank statement but I also provided the explanation. I think this is always good idea in a sense that this will save ur time and give them more confident expression from ur part. At this point in your case, I think you should keep quiet until they are asking for any further documents since this will make the things more suspicious. So, let them do their job and i believe eventually they will ask you before making any decision.
I believe that too, the explanation without any request after he sent the POF, will make them more suspicious.

Riskobora

Jan 10, 2013
Well... sadly I withdrew my application (for now)... but I thought I should share my story with others so that they don't make the mistakes I made.

1. If you don't have money or cannot show the "Proof of Funds" for the past 6 months and the proof that the funds belong to you, do not apply.
2. I am not going to get back my $1100 (for 2 people), but I learned a lesson worth each and every cent.

My case

I had applied sometime early November 2012, they accepted my application and deducted the processing fees in December and issues me a PER by January 12th, 2013.

1. I had the money when when I originally applied, but had to pay my fees and incur other expenses, and everyone in this forum and told me that processing takes a long time and it will be at least 8 months before they ask you for additional documents, so I figured I will be fine. I was so wrong in assuming that. They asked me for my "Proof of Funds" again in March.... in mere 2 months of them issuing me PER, as opposed to the promised 8.
2. I did manage to borrow funds and send them a letter etc, but they wanted 6 months of account transaction details . It was at this point, I asked the people in this forum as to what to do and almost all who replied said - Withdraw your application and reapply when you have funds. So I withdrew my application yesterday, instead of trying to bluff my way through. Because, if they feel you have lied or try to lie to them, then they will disbar you from applying for PR for a period of time, the minimum being you cannot apply within the next two years.

How to go about it - this is how it should be done

• 1. Make sure to have the required funds at least from 6-4 months before you send in your application, and keep the funds in your account without using them for any other purpose.
    2. If you don't have the funds when they ask for account details and you have to borrow, then borrow money from your family (as family can give you gifts) but not from your friends.
    3. If you do not have something, don't try to bluff your way through. You can always reapply, but if they consider you to be a cheat they will never let you in.
    4. Be honest in dealing with CIC, they are a nice bunch of people trying to ensure a certain standard. Remember we are the ones trying to enter here, so the onus of proving we have everything in order is on us.

Could someone please remove my details from the Excel sheet

Lastly, I thank all the people in this forum whose own experiences made it so much easier for me, thank you all of sharing your stories.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
NeverGiveUp said:
Thanks for your reply. Yes I ordered CAIPS on April 2, but I have not received it yet.

My timeline:

Application reached CIO: 14-May-2012
PER issued: 30-May-2012
Documents requested type: PCC/CV/POF/account activity
Document requested date: 04-Feb-2013
Nationality: Iran
Work experience:
3 years part-time (30 hrs/week) & one year full-time (40 hrs/week)
2 years RA (27 hrs/week) & four semester TA (4-5 hrs/week)
No of person: 1
According to the date you filed your application, they will contact you in between May 14 and May 30.
Hopefully, you'll get your CAIPS before that, and we'll know if your application has been assessed against the fund or not, then you can determine what is the next step.

bioleaching

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks buddies for all your comments,
I wanna know your idea:

In my CAIPS, there is 2 eligibility assessments:
In assessment 1, they mentioned my point is 69, and the status is: not started, and the type is Selection (updated 15 Dec 2012, around 7 month after PER).

Age 29 --points:10, Credentials: Master Points: 25, Years of experience:3 Points: 19, Language points: 10, Adaptability (previous study in canada) points: 5 Totally: 69

In assement 2, the status is Met, Type is: Minesterial instructions, Updated date is 15 Dec 2012.

In notes section at 15 June 2012 (the date that I received my file number) the wording is:
MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTION 4 FILE REVIEWED BY SERVICE DELIVERY AGENT PA'S ....
PA appears to have a minimum of at least one year of continuous full time (or equivalent part time)
MINIMAL REQUIRMENTS APPEAR TO BE MET
Applicant appears to have 67 or more points on selection gird to visa office

There is not any notes like above after that. Just something regards to the request of CV ....

They did not ask me the bank statement, just requested CV and reference letter. I sent a full bank statement with my application ...

What is your verdict buddies?
One more strange question, those who got their CAIPS, in Notes section did they have any notes which its Text part start with letter "S" ?

asbereth said:
Ya, make sure whether it's Sydney or Ottawa who had assessed your file (since it's on December, most likely it was from Ottawa, in which case, congratulations :) . Also, bioleaching, if you don't mind, can you share the wording of the notes that awarded you 69 points?

The reason why you had not yet heard anything back from them was because your later due date. I would say you're lucky to have applied in June rather than, say, April or March, since some of these March or April applicants are still waiting to be assessed for selection factor :)

I think 'Adm' means that your admissibilities are under (or awaiting) review. This, in my opinion, is usually initiated after you have gained enough points. But then again, your eligibility also depends on your settlement funds, which was why eligibility is not yet 'passed', but still 'in progress', despite having more than 67 points.

Thanks, man :)

About your application, let's hope that they have at least passed your selection factor (number of points). Try ordering your CAIPS to see if this has indeed happened. bioleaching applied in June, and he already passed selection factor, so since you applied at around the same time, they have probably assessed your file as well, but since they cannot issue you visa earlier than March or April applicants, your file is awaiting for further processing (admissibilities).

There is obviously the question of minimum wage. If the HR letter shows that she's making only 750 - 900 dollars per month, while working for 40 hours per week, then her hourly wage would be way below the minimum wage of 10.25 dollars per hour (in Ontario, not sure about other provinces). I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem, but it's probably best to claim less hours.

If you claim fewer hours than what's written on the HR letter, they wouldn't care too much, since they would just give you less number of points for work experience, so I like N_O's recalculation of the number of hours (since it also ensures it's above minimum wage). Rather than just showing average, though, I would still keep it term by term, or break it down for each period which has the same number of hours and the salary per month (like N_O has done here).

How many years of experience does she need though? If she only needs one year, then this breakdown is good. If she needs at least two years, then we would need to think of something else.

Ya, this is probably the most important part of the work experience letter. If you have job duties mismatch, they will probably not even care about your wage or number of hours, and go straight for rejection.

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
I have the same updated date in my CAIPS. What is the total points in assessment 2. Mine is empty. If you also have 69 it means that your file assessed by Ottawa towards eligibility. Otherwise I believe that nothing happened regarding eligibility in Ottawa.

bioleaching said:
I wanna know your idea:

In assessment 1, they mentioned my point is 69, and the status is: not started, and the type is Selection (updated 15 Dec 2012, around 7 month after PER).

Age 29 --points:10, Credentials: Master Points: 25, Years of experience:3 Points: 19, Language points: 10, Adaptability (previous study in canada) points: 5 Totally: 69

In assement 2, the status is Met, Type is: Minesterial instructions, Updated date is 15 Dec 2012.

In notes section at 15 June 2012 (the date that I received my file number) the wording is:
PA appears to have a minimum of at least one year of continuous full time (or equivalent part time)

There is not any notes like above after that. Just something regards to the request of CV ....

They did not ask me the bank statement, just requested CV and reference letter. I sent a full bank statement with my application ...

One more strange question, those who got their CAIPS, in Notes section did they have any notes which its Text part start with letter "S" ?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
bioleaching said:
I wanna know your idea:

This means that you met the minimum requirements(your work experience is at least one year,continuous, and paid (full-time or the equivalent in part-time), but they have not started processing it yet.

guowei018

Nov 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 19,2012
Doc's Request.
Mar 22, 2012---CC
Nomination.....
Mar 29,2012 --PER
AOR Received.
waiting
wording of eligibility notes in my caips. I have got 2 assessment. the recent one is April 3rd, 2013. noted by FA01772, saying:

I have assessed the application based upon the information contained on the file, the documents submitted and the analysis below. I am stisfied that the PA meets the pass mark.

The first assessment was dated March 25, 2013, noted by SL01732, saying:

I have analyzed this application against the selection criteria for FSW and make the following recommendation: age:31=10 points. education: master degree from***. From application form, PA claims more than 17 years of education. Points=25. Work experience:pA claims following work experience: 1)research assistant(NOC4012) from sep08 to mar12 at university of ***. PA has submitted a letter of reference dated nov 11 which lists duties that match the lead statement and a substantial number of duties under NOC 4012. PA has an equivalent of 2 years and 4 months of work experience. 2) Teaching assistant(NOC4012) from sep08 at university of ***. PA has submitted a letter of reference date feb 12 which list duties that matches the lead statement and a substantial number of duties under NOC4012. PA has equivalent of 4 months of work experience. No other experience claimed. PA has 2 years and 8 months of work experience. arranged employment: none=0; language: PA meet high assessment in 4 abilities. No claim to french language ability. language:16 points. adaptability: souse has bachelor degree. PA claims relative in Canada(birth certificated of daughter provided.) adaptability= 8points. total points 76 points. applicant appears to meet pass mark. Bank statement dated May11 provided.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Hey Guys

I want some advice regarding documents. I have been asked to provide POF, does it mean that the application was accepted at Ottawa level and no further documents will be required on a later stage. Or POF demand is just to see whether I am eligible for further processing or not. I updated them with few document last week including a new passport. I got the new passport in my home country when I was vacationing 2 months back. When I came back I applied for a fresh PCC for my new passport and for my visit home. I am planning to send it along with POF. Should I or should I wait for them to ask for it? I won't hurt but I don't want to complicate things on their end.

Please advice as what are the thoughts regarding document request.

Thanks.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
guowei018 said:
wording of eligibility notes in my caips. I have got 2 assessment. the recent one is April 3rd, 2013. noted by FA01772, saying:

I have assessed the application based upon the information contained on the file, the documents submitted and the analysis below. I am stisfied that the PA meets the pass mark.

I have analyzed this application against the selection criteria for FSW and make the following recommendation: age:31=10 points. education: master degree from***. From application form, PA claims more than 17 years of education. Points=25. Work experience:pA claims following work experience: 1)research assistant(NOC4012) from sep08 to mar12 at university of ***. PA has submitted a letter of reference dated nov 11 which lists duties that match the lead statement and a substantial number of duties under NOC 4012. PA has an equivalent of 2 years and 4 months of work experience. 2) Teaching assistant(NOC4012) from sep08 at university of ***. PA has submitted a letter of reference date feb 12 which list duties that matches the lead statement and a substantial number of duties under NOC4012. PA has equivalent of 4 months of work experience. No other experience claimed. PA has 2 years and 8 months of work experience. arranged employment: none=0; language: PA meet high assessment in 4 abilities. No claim to french language ability. language:16 points. adaptability: souse has bachelor degree. PA claims relative in Canada(birth certificated of daughter provided.) adaptability= 8points. total points 76 points. applicant appears to meet pass mark. Bank statement dated May11 provided.
Then the date of the work expereince letter is important. I would advise all who are sending new work experience letters to take this into consideration.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
guowei018 said:

Congrats! If you have a healthy account history for the past six months,you'll get your medical request very soon.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Stuck In Quebec said:
Hey Guys

I want some advice regarding documents. I have been asked to provide POF, does it mean that the application was accepted at Ottawa level and no further documents will be required on a later stage. Or POF demand is just to see whether I am eligible for further processing or not. I updated them with few document last week including a new passport. I got the new passport in my home country when I was vacationing 2 months back. When I came back I applied for a fresh PCC for my new passport and for my visit home. I am planning to send it along with POF. Should I or should I wait for them to ask for it? I won't hurt but I don't want to complicate things on their end.

Please advice as what are the thoughts regarding document request.

Thanks.
As they requested the POF so early in your case, I do not think you have passed the eligibility yet. So they may ask you for more documents later.
If your the new PCC will expire before the due date of your application, then send it. CIC dose not prefer that but if someone sent them a document they wouldn't actually return it back. Aboshosha84 sent them a PCC and an updated bank statement without any request, later they didn't ask him for any additional documents, they just sent the medical request.

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Any comment would be appreciate specifically from Iranians ...

I just checked U of Toronto website for assessment of degrees

http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces/ces-application-forms

I have two questions that I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me on these:

1. There are two assessments; one for secondary school and another one for post-secondary school diplomas. As we are holding a a master degree, are we supposed to assess both post-secondary and secondary school degrees or just post-secondary.

2. They asked for original diplomas and transcripts to be sent by the institution directly. How you Iranians arranged this? for example I have my master degree from Polytechnic in Tehran. By considering that I am in Canada now how should I arrange this?

Thanks,

salam20 said:

otacon

Jun 4, 2012
Some update regarding my case: I mailed my spouse docs to CPP-O due to martial status change.

The docs arrived on Apr. 15; my wife got medical exam request on Apr. 19.

In short, please do not use my info as reference for days from "passport request" to "visa granted"

otacon said:
Received the passport request on Mar. 26.

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Hi, I have the exact situation. I have a large deposit which is a money sent by my family(a friend of mine brought the money for me).

I also have the original receipts from the bank that this currency was purchased for me. Do you mind to send me the template of that official letter saying that you have no obligation to return this money to the financial supporter who is your father? and how ad where you made this letter official?

Thanks a lot

NeverGiveUp said:
Any advise is greatly appreciated.

I was requested for POF and six month account activity for my bank account on Feb. 4th. On the date of the request my account balance was about $4000, and I have had a couple of large deposits within the next month of POF request. I have noted that this became an issue for few people in this forum. However, I have official proofs that the large deposits belong to me and I have no obligation to return this money to the financial supporter who is my father. I have the original receipts from the bank in my home country that this currency were purchased for me in December and January (before the date of request). However, because of the sanctions imposed against banks in my home country due to Political issues, it was not possible to transfer this money at the time of purchase. So my father sent me this money partly by some friends who were travelling to Canada. In addition, I have an official letter of financial support (which was also included in my application for study permit dating back to 2009) from my father saying that he undertook to financially support me for all my expenses for PhD study in Canada. Meanwhile I am also fully funded by the university. I can even get a new letter from my father explaining the situation.

I was also requested for PCC and my due date is May 4 and I submitted the requested documents in early March, and I have not heard back from them yet.

The question is that, does anybody recommend that I provide them with the proofs for large deposits before they ask me to do or possibly reject me because of this?

Thank you in advance.