+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

yahia_ahmed

Apr 16, 2013
Hi,

I sent my application on April 8th, 2013. I did not get any response !!!!
If my application has been rejected they should send an email !!!! right?

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
It has been two weeks since I first saw "medical received" and "decision made" in my ECAS but I still haven't gotten passport request or heard from them. Any suggestions?
Asbereth, I see in the spreadsheet that you got passport request. This was only a few days after you saw "decision made" in your ECAS, right?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
rgb said:
It has been two weeks since I first saw "medical received" and "decision made" in my ECAS but I still haven't gotten passport request or heard from them. Any suggestions?
Asbereth, I see in the spreadsheet that you got passport request. This was only a few days after you saw "decision made" in your ECAS, right?
I'm wondering about that too. Did you ever send them an inquiry (tell them that a decision has been made on the application and you're wondering what's going on)? Also, as you said, it could be your criminality check that is still ongoing (though I'm not sure). Is there anyway that you can check whether the Mexican authorities have sent the PCC they requested? And did you ever order CAIPS notes?

yahia_ahmed said:
I sent my application on April 8th, 2013. I did not get any response !!!!
If my application has been rejected they should send an email !!!! right?
How about your credit card? Was it charged?

N_O said:
I do not think it will make any effect on the processing times, although they didn't reach the capacity but they still have 1000s to process :)
I hope it will be faster now, since they're dealing with fewer backlogged cases, and only accept much less new MI-8 applications (only 5,000). It's interesting how more than 15 percent of FSW (excluding FSW2) would be from PhD stream. Maybe they consider the first year a huge 'success' (in the sense that MI-4 applicants so far did not create more backlogs, what with 40 percent of them rejected :( )

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Any advise is greatly appreciated.

I was requested for POF and six month account activity for my bank account on Feb. 4th. On the date of the request my account balance was about $4000, and I have had a couple of large deposits within the next month of POF request. I have noted that this became an issue for few people in this forum. However, I have official proofs that the large deposits belong to me and I have no obligation to return this money to the financial supporter who is my father. I have the original receipts from the bank in my home country that this currency were purchased for me in December and January (before the date of request). However, because of the sanctions imposed against banks in my home country due to Political issues, it was not possible to transfer this money at the time of purchase. So my father sent me this money partly by some friends who were travelling to Canada. In addition, I have an official letter of financial support (which was also included in my application for study permit dating back to 2009) from my father saying that he undertook to financially support me for all my expenses for PhD study in Canada. Meanwhile I am also fully funded by the university. I can even get a new letter from my father explaining the situation.

I was also requested for PCC and my due date is May 4 and I submitted the requested documents in early March, and I have not heard back from them yet.

The question is that, does anybody recommend that I provide them with the proofs for large deposits before they ask me to do or possibly reject me because of this?

Thank you in advance.

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Thank you for your reply Asbereth, and congratulations in your process success. I haven't eamil them because CuriousGuy was in the same situation and he said that when he emailed them he just got a generic reply saying the same that ECAs says. That a visa officer will contact him
I thought it was a waste of time to email them so I didn't, but now I will give it a try.
Also, I have never order CAIPS, but I should probably apply now. can someone tell me what is the easiest/fastest way to apply? I don't care to pay the $5, I just want the easiest way.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
N_O said:
It is for free under the privacy act, even it was a paper one :)
Thanks a lot for the reply.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
rgb said:
Also, I have never order CAIPS, but I should probably apply now. can someone tell me what is the easiest/fastest way to apply? I don't care to pay the $5, I just want the easiest way.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

It is for free under the privacy act. Paying the $5 will not make it faster :)

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
For ordering CAIPS is there a way to order on line, or everything is by mail?
Does this link is the right one for ordering caips:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en ?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
rgb said:
For ordering CAIPS is there a way to order on line, or everything is by mail?
Does this link is the right one for ordering caips:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en ?
It is online, your link is correct.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
NeverGiveUp said:

I was requested for POF and six month account activity for my bank account on Feb. 4th. On the date of the request my account balance was about $4000, and I have had a couple of large deposits within the next month of POF request. I have noted that this became an issue for few people in this forum. However, I have official proofs that the large deposits belong to me and I have no obligation to return this money to the financial supporter who is my father. I have the original receipts from the bank in my home country that this currency were purchased for me in December and January (before the date of request). However, because of the sanctions imposed against banks in my home country due to Political issues, it was not possible to transfer this money at the time of purchase. So my father sent me this money partly by some friends who were travelling to Canada. In addition, I have an official letter of financial support (which was also included in my application for study permit dating back to 2009) from my father saying that he undertook to financially support me for all my expenses for PhD study in Canada. Meanwhile I am also fully funded by the university. I can even get a new letter from my father explaining the situation.

I was also requested for PCC and my due date is May 4 and I submitted the requested documents in early March, and I have not heard back from them yet.

The question is that, does anybody recommend that I provide them with the proofs for large deposits before they ask me to do or possibly reject me because of this?

Thank you in advance.
I do not think they will contact you before the due date of your application, which is usually a year from receiving your application. Anyway, if they were not satisfied with those large deposits, they would ask for explanation.
If you share your timeline, may be we can figure out they are late or not.
BTW, did you order your CAIPS before? If not, it is time to do so.

Should you wish to share your timeline, please post your dates, nationality, number of persons, ecas status, and kind of work experience

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
I do not think just by saying "if they were not satisfied with those large deposits, they would ask for explanation." you would be on the safe side. As long as you had large deposits after the time that they requested for POF they can simply reject you without asking for an explanation. They can just say that you did not have available fund in your account and we are not convinced that the large deposits after document request letter belongs to you. If the officer rejects you can not blame him or her. Because the error was in fact and not in law. Specifically it was an error in fact that you have not provided to them.

This is how they treat work experience letters. They just reject without asking for any explanation based on what you provided at the time of application. They can do the same as for POF letters. Things are changing day by day and I think you can not predict at all what will officer do. Try your best to be on the safe side. If you explain, no one will blame you why you explained and the officer will not reject you just because of explaining a fact even if it is not necessary. Correct me if I am wrong.

N_O said:
I do not think they will contact you before the due date of your application, which is usually a year from receiving your application. Anyway, if they were not satisfied with those large deposits, they would ask for explanation.
If you share your timeline, may be we can figure out they are late or not.
BTW, did you order your CAIPS before? If not, it is time to do so.

Should you wish to share your timeline, please post your dates, nationality, number of persons, ecas status, and kind of work experience

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Thanks for your reply. Yes I ordered CAIPS on April 2, but I have not received it yet.

My timeline:

Application reached CIO: 14-May-2012
PER issued: 30-May-2012
Documents requested type: PCC/CV/POF/account activity
Document requested date: 04-Feb-2013
Nationality: Iran
Work experience:
3 years part-time (30 hrs/week) & one year full-time (40 hrs/week)
2 years RA (27 hrs/week) & four semester TA (4-5 hrs/week)
No of person: 1

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
kuzey said:
I do not think just by saying "if they were not satisfied with those large deposits, they would ask for explanation." you would be on the safe side. As long as you had large deposits after the time that they requested for POF they can simply reject you without asking for an explanation. They can just say that you did not have available fund in your account and we are not convinced that the large deposits after document request letter belongs to you. If the officer rejects you can not blame him or her. Because the error was in fact and not in law. Specifically it was an error in fact that you have not provided to them.

This is how they treat work experience letters. They just reject without asking for any explanation based on what you provided at the time of application. They can do the same as for POF letters. Things are changing day by day and I think you can not predict at all what will officer do. Try your best to be on the safe side. If you explain, no one will blame you why you explained and the officer will not reject you just because of explaining a fact even if it is not necessary. Correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks for the comment. Yes, that is exactly the reason for my concern regarding the issue. All depend on the officer, she/he can simply reject me without asking any explanation. That's what many applicant got on work experiences issue. So, any other suggestion from the seniors is appreciated.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
kuzey said:

I predicted that they may ask for explanation, as they did that before with MASOUD2011. However, no one can predict their actions!

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
NeverGiveUp said:

Thank you in advance.
I think you should provide while u were sending the POF, I remember i have made only 2200CAD two months earlier when they have requested me the bank statement but I also provided the explanation. I think this is always good idea in a sense that this will save ur time and give them more confident expression from ur part. At this point in your case, I think you should keep quiet until they are asking for any further documents since this will make the things more suspicious. So, let them do their job and i believe eventually they will ask you before making any decision.