none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
There are rational reasons for slightly different procedural checks for each country. The more aligned (to canada) and developed your country is, the less problems you will run with immigration. Coming from a slightly violent country, I am awaiting for the request for updated police certificates (3!) as well any time soon. Also, the less money you have, the higher the chances of you having a request for bank history. If you live in countries that allow polygamy, they will also run extra security checks on that, as that is illegal in Canada. It is just logic and politics in the end. If you are American, for example, chances are that things will be very straightforward.

Jason Kenney just posted the following twitter, where he refers to the horrible treatment some iranians suffered during the current regime and are refugees in Turkey.
He's not in the country, the CIC staff are slacking it out. Will have to wait till he hits his office chair them to buckle up and hasten their process :))

CECapplicant

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5- Dec. 2012
AOR Received.
25 Jan. 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Withdrew application on 23rd May
As per my follow-up with that guy, here is what Iranians can do for getting PCC now:

1. Providing the mentioned documents in the following link:
http://www.iranembassy.ca/fa/faConsulateWebForm.aspx?PageName=Consulate%2FfaGovahiAdamSoePishineh

(Note that no original document (such as passport or birth certificate) is needed, but their copies).

2. Sending them to you home country to be first confirmed by the Foreign affairs ministry there.
3. Taking them to one of the Police +10 centers.

However, the guy has been told that it will take around 40 days from the day it is handed in to "police+10", which is the disappointing part.

Shabnam_m

Apr 27, 2012
hossein61 said:
Hi Shabnam, Apparently CIC is trying to reject all Iranian with irrational reasons. Anyway, I think the only way is provide them with a letter in which mention that you have not been in Iran after getting the current PCC and also it is impossible to get PCC in 60 days due to the closing of our embassy. Ask them if you can replace Canadian PCC since you have been living here in recent years.
Thanks hossein61 for the advice. We will definitely try this.

Shabnam_m

Apr 27, 2012
CECapplicant said:
However, the guy has been told that it will take around 40 days from the day it is handed in to "police+10", which is the disappointing part.

Thanks CECaplicant. I really appreciate your help.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
asbereth said:
Hi salam20, give it a little time. Your PER is coming really soon. Some member got his PER 2 to 3 weeks after their credit card got charged, and it looks like nowadays, unlike last year, the CIO will only charge if they're happy with your eligibility for further processing.

Hi Shabnam_m, I heard from my friend that the only way that you can have this done nowadays is to have relatives or family members back home get it for you. It's a pain I know :(

Anyway, congratulations that you finally get a correspondence (that is not a rejection) from Ottawa. Would you mind sharing the rest of your information with us? I think you're the second 2012 person to hear anything back from Ottawa.
Thanks for the advice.

saintezym

Jul 13, 2012
I am just wondering why CIC need an update on the police certificate. Did you submit the police certificate along with your initial application? I haven't gone back to my home country ever since I arrived in Canada. The police certificate I submitted is for the period from birth to the last day in my own country. Since we don't need a Canadian criminal record, I really don't understand what an updated police certificate means.

Shabnam_m said:
Hello AF___
I was wondering if they also asked you to provide police certificates? Or you did send it at the first time with your application?
My husband and I are in the same situation. They received our application on Jan. 17th 2012.
After almost a year, they asked for additional document same to what you mentioned here, and also an update on our police certificates!!

We are Iranians! We don't know how we are going to provide this document without having the embassy in Canada!!
Any suggestions from other Iranian friends?!

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
saintezym said:
I am just wondering why CIC need an update on the police certificate. Did you submit the police certificate along with your initial application? I haven't gone back to my home country ever since I arrived in Canada. The police certificate I submitted is for the period from birth to the last day in my own country. Since we don't need a Canadian criminal record, I really don't understand what an updated police certificate means.
One of my colleague had a similar situation. He asked a CIC agent the reason. The agent said, there my be a charge filed against a person after he left the country. That's why they need the updated PCC just to make sure that no charge was filed after they left the country. IMO, it's not unreasonable (I had to submit updated PCC too).

Shabnam_m

Apr 27, 2012
saintezym said:
That's exactly what I don't understand!
Yes, we did provide police certificates along with our application.

saintezym

Jul 13, 2012
But let's say, my police certificate was issued in 2012 and mailed to me by my family. It has been a long time after I left the country. Requesting for a new PCC still sounds weird to me... Is an updated PCC required in the process for most people?

snow_walker said:
One of my colleague had a similar situation. He asked a CIC agent the reason. The agent said, there my be a charge filed against a person after he left the country. That's why they need the updated PCC just to make sure that no charge was filed after they left the country. IMO, it's not unreasonable (I had to submit updated PCC too).

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
saintezym said:
But let's say, my police certificate was issued in 2012 and mailed to me by my family. It has been a long time after I left the country. Requesting for a new PCC still sounds weird to me... Is an updated PCC required in the process for most people?
Strong possibility of yes. Same for bank statement.

saintezym

Jul 13, 2012
Oh, that's too bad! I wish I didn't include the PCC in my application. Then I could prepare one while in process and submit it when requested. Now I have to bother so much!!!
TyrusX said:
Strong possibility of yes. Same for bank statement.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
saintezym said:
Oh, that's too bad! I wish I didn't include the PCC in my application. Then I could prepare one while in process and submit it when requested. Now I have to bother so much!!!
Then your application would probably take much longer to be processed. They will request new police certificates usually after they expire, which some can be up to 1 year. Depending on the country. Mine expired only after 90 days. I don't know if they just ignore that and use the one year for everyone.

saintezym

Jul 13, 2012
Oh, I see. Thanks a lot! Now we can only hope for the best:)

TyrusX said:
Then your application would probably take much longer to be processed. They will request new police certificates usually after they expire, which some can be up to 1 year. Depending on the country. Mine expired only after 90 days. I don't know if they just ignore that and use the one year for everyone.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
saintezym said:
Oh, I see. Thanks a lot! Now we can only hope for the best:)
The Calgary Sun has a interesting article about PR becoming Citizens. http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/01/15/fewer-immigrants-becoming-citizens

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13
Shabnam_m said:
Hello AF___
I was wondering if they also asked you to provide police certificates? Or you did send it at the first time with your application?
My husband and I are in the same situation. They received our application on Jan. 17th 2012.
After almost a year, they asked for additional document same to what you mentioned here, and also an update on our police certificates!!

We are Iranians! We don't know how we are going to provide this document without having the embassy in Canada!!
Any suggestions from other Iranian friends?!
I sent the PCC a few month after I sent my application. I haven't been asked to renew it (yet). I'm not sure, but can't you go through the interest section in Washington, people renew passports through there.