19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Mukam said:
Tyrus I need to mail cic a new letter (sealed) from graduate studies. The previous one that I sent did not have the stamp. So I got a new one and I was thinking that I should send it to them before they send me my application back.

Meanwhile I have also renewed my passport, so I am going to email a copy of my new passport as well. I have the email address but not their physical mailing address. If you or anyone else can help, it will be highly appreciated.
Answer 6 of the FAQ on my signature tell you exactly that. Let them know first via e-mail.

nouroz99

Jan 6, 2013
zephyr86 said:
Thanks Norouz 99 for the reply,

Yes, but French Universities are excepted out of this rule!!! :) Even McGill and Concordia students have SIN...

What visa office do you suggest for Iranians?!?

Thanks! ;)
I really don't know whether their are VOs based on nationalities. Sorry for that.
Regards

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Victory 2013 said:
Same like you buddy, I also didn't hear anything from CIC regarding PER. My BD has been en-cashed on Jan10, 2013.

Let me know if any updates. Thanks

I am more concerning since last date of the fee reduction from International student to PR student is 31 Jan. Hope for best.
I am not living in Ontario. Do you know if that policy is valid anywhere else?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Update:
My ecas status shows that my application is now "in process". It reached CIO on Nov 22. I did not receive any email for the PER.

Shabnam_m

Apr 27, 2012
AF___ said:
Finally, I have been asked to submit some documents today:

• Proof of funds: Please provide evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations. Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted.
  • The field of study for your doctoral program, The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor, A detailed Curriculum Vitae, and A list of all publications that you have authored or have participated in.

I don't know what "document" I have to provide for the second item though!

Hello AF___
I was wondering if they also asked you to provide police certificates? Or you did send it at the first time with your application?
My husband and I are in the same situation. They received our application on Jan. 17th 2012.
After almost a year, they asked for additional document same to what you mentioned here, and also an update on our police certificates!!

We are Iranians! We don't know how we are going to provide this document without having the embassy in Canada!!
Any suggestions from other Iranian friends?!

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
salam20 said:
My ecas status shows that my application is now "in process". It reached CIO on Nov 22. I did not receive any email for the PER.
Hi salam20, give it a little time. Your PER is coming really soon. Some member got his PER 2 to 3 weeks after their credit card got charged, and it looks like nowadays, unlike last year, the CIO will only charge if they're happy with your eligibility for further processing.

Shabnam_m said:
Hello AF___
I was wondering if they also asked you to provide police certificates? Or you did send it at the first time with your application?
My husband and I are in the same situation. They received our application on Jan. 17th 2012.
After almost a year, they asked for additional document same to what you mentioned here, and also an update on our police certificates!!

We are Iranians! We don't know how we are going to provide this document without having the embassy in Canada!!
Any suggestions from other Iranian friends?!
Hi Shabnam_m, I heard from my friend that the only way that you can have this done nowadays is to have relatives or family members back home get it for you. It's a pain I know :(

Anyway, congratulations that you finally get a correspondence (that is not a rejection) from Ottawa. Would you mind sharing the rest of your information with us? I think you're the second 2012 person to hear anything back from Ottawa.

Shabnam_m

Apr 27, 2012
asbereth said:
Hi Shabnam_m, I heard from my friend that the only way that you can have this done nowadays is to have relatives or family members back home get it for you. It's a pain I know :(

Anyway, congratulations that you finally get a correspondence (that is not a rejection) from Ottawa. Would you mind sharing the rest of your information with us? I think you're the second 2012 person to hear anything back from Ottawa.
I know, It is really painful and ridiculous! We provided the PCC from our last visit to Iran in our application, and we haven't been there since then, and now they are asking for an update!! We are kinda in shock :( we are afraid we can't provide the PCC in 60 days :-X

Anyways, here is our timeline:

Application received: 17 Jan. 2012
CC charged: 17 Feb. 2012
PER received: 7 March 2012

Mukam

Oct 23, 2012
TyrusX said:
Answer 6 of the FAQ on my signature tell you exactly that. Let them know first via e-mail.
;D Of course, if I had kept my eyes open I would have seen it. Thanks a lot!!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Shabnam_m said:
I know, It is really painful and ridiculous! We provided the PCC from our last visit to Iran in our application, and we haven't been there since then, and now they are asking for an update!! We are kinda in shock :( we are afraid we can't provide the PCC in 60 days :-X

It is crazy. Even when we had the embassy, it was taking more than 3 month to have the PPC ready. I had applied for it through our embassy once. You can not ask someone else in the country to apply for your PCC on your behalf since you need to provide your finger prints personally. The only way is a trip to Iran, or applying through their office in Washington as far as I know.

hossein61

Apr 17, 2012
Shabnam_m said:

Hi Shabnam, Apparently CIC is trying to reject all Iranian with irrational reasons. Anyway, I think the only way is provide them with a letter in which mention that you have not been in Iran after getting the current PCC and also it is impossible to get PCC in 60 days due to the closing of our embassy. Ask them if you can replace Canadian PCC since you have been living here in recent years.

CECapplicant

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5- Dec. 2012
AOR Received.
25 Jan. 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Withdrew application on 23rd May
aidina said:
It is crazy. Even when we had the embassy, it was taking more than 3 month to have the PPC ready. I had applied for it through our embassy once. You can not ask someone else in the country to apply for your PCC on your behalf since you need to provide your finger prints personally. The only way is a trip to Iran, or applying through their office in Washington as far as I know.
Hi there,
I know someone who has inquired in this regard, and I know he provided the finger prints for him and his wife, and sent it along with other required documents to Iran. This is a possible alternative for us now.
I can ask him about the details and the results of his efforts, to let you know -hopefully- today.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hossein61 said:
Hi Shabnam, Apparently CIC is trying to reject all Iranian with irrational reasons. Anyway, I think the only way is provide them with a letter in which mention that you have not been in Iran after getting the current PCC and also it is impossible to get PCC in 60 days due to the closing of our embassy. Ask them if you can replace Canadian PCC since you have been living here in recent years.
Oh yah. So far it seems they are more strict against our applications.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Mukam said:
Tyrus I need to mail cic a new letter (sealed) from graduate studies. The previous one that I sent did not have the stamp. So I got a new one and I was thinking that I should send it to them before they send me my application back.

Meanwhile I have also renewed my passport, so I am going to email a copy of my new passport as well. I have the email address but not their physical mailing address. If you or anyone else can help, it will be highly appreciated.
I got my application twice for that letter.

If your application package was not transferred to Visa Office of Ottawa, then you need to send this letter asap to CIO at the following address.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Federal Skilled Worker

Centralized Intake Office

PO BOX 8300

Sydney, NS

B1P 0A9

Canada

If you are sure your file was transferred to the Visa office Ottawa then the address is:

CPP – Ottawa
P. O. Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

fax
613-946-6059

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
hossein61 said:
There are rational reasons for slightly different procedural checks for each country. The more aligned (to canada) and developed your country is, the less problems you will run with immigration. Coming from a slightly violent country, I am awaiting for the request for updated police certificates (3!) as well any time soon. Also, the less money you have, the higher the chances of you having a request for bank history. If you live in countries that allow polygamy, they will also run extra security checks on that, as that is illegal in Canada. It is just logic and politics in the end. If you are American, for example, chances are that things will be very straightforward.

Jason Kenney just posted the following twitter, where he refers to the horrible treatment some iranians suffered during the current regime and are refugees in Turkey.
Just had 3 hrs of excruciating, emotional meetings w/ Iranian refugees in Turkey. No words to describe what some of them have been through.
https://twitter.com/kenneyjason/status/291256991920291840