19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
S.David said:
I will apply for CSQ with the intention to settle in Quebec. If it is rejected, I will apply under the PhD stream with my CSQ rejection as a proof I will not settle in Quebec. Does that sound logical?

And what I meant is that in immigration Quebec they say attach your PR aaplication with CSQ application and we will stamp it with date of receiving the CSQ application. If you get the CSQ the PR application will be returned to you with the CSQ. This is done for priorities. Does that mean if my PR application is stamped by Quebec immigration, its processing time will be shorter in the Federal?
My bad, I thought you had applied already. Quebec immigration is usually longer than the federal because it has the provincial step, and then it goes to to the federal level. Also, right, know the average time for immigration in the FSW is, I would say, about 18 months. And no. you do not land immediately, you have to abroad (USA) and return back to land and change your status. There may be some other ways as well, but I am not aware of them.

S.David

Nov 19, 2012
TyrusX said:
My bad, I thought you had applied already. Quebec immigration is usually longer than the federal because it has the provincial step, and then it goes to to the federal level. Also, right, know the average time for immigration in the FSW is, I would say, about 18 months. And no. you do not land immediately, you have to abroad (USA) and return back to land and change your status. There may be some other ways as well, but I am not aware of them.
OK, I see. I can tolerate 18 months on average, and thanks for the landing clarification.

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi PhD students,

It seems that there is still no activity in Ottawa for 2012 students. However, my friends who had applied under CEC got their PR in about 6-7 months. Do you think it's wise that we send another application for CEC? (assuming we are eligible)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
mehroonir said:
Hi PhD students,

It seems that there is still no activity in Ottawa for 2012 students. However, my friends who had applied under CEC got their PR in about 6-7 months. Do you think it's wise that we send another application for CEC? (assuming we are eligible)
If you have the money go for it.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
As I heard, you may choose to land inside of Canada from the immigration office. But you need to make an appointment in advance, and that will take maybe 1 or 2 months. Going abroad and come back, you may land on the same day.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
maytheflower said:
As I heard, you may choose to land inside of Canada from the immigration office. But you need to make an appointment in advance, and that will take maybe 1 or 2 months. Going abroad and come back, you may land on the same day.
When the time comes, I will take the opportunity to go on a much needed holiday...

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
When the time comes, I will take the opportunity to go on a much needed holiday...
http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/societe/2012/12/02/004-immigration-buffalo-delais.shtml

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/National/2012/11/15/002-citoyennete-immigration-canada-centre-appels-longue-attente.shtml&usg=ALkJrhh59AWxFe38lkyLm6RHJodXZcZZNg

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/societe/2012/12/02/004-immigration-buffalo-delais.shtml

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/National/2012/11/15/002-citoyennete-immigration-canada-centre-appels-longue-attente.shtml&usg=ALkJrhh59AWxFe38lkyLm6RHJodXZcZZNg
Yup, that kinda confirms my suspicion all along, TyrusX. Remember when I shared the link showing the jobs available from CIC department. Hardly any for call agents or even processing officer for that matter. Now I have my concerns as to how much they can execute their intended changes give limited resources.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
Yup, that kinda confirms my suspicion all along, TyrusX. Remember when I shared the link showing the jobs available from CIC department. Hardly any for call agents or even processing officer for that matter. Now I have my concerns as to how much they can execute their intended changes give limited resources.
Yep. We can just be patient. It will probably take 5 or 6 more months for us.

LazyPhD

Sep 4, 2012
I decided to apply under this stream now - in between my thesis fieldwork and writing process - and already encountered a problem. 1) I have not applied but read that the police certificate from a country where I worked for 7 years will take me 3 months to get (Damn!). Can I send my application with a note that I have applied to a police certificate? I have not visited this country since I came to Canada and when applying to temporary student visa, the police certificate was directly mailed to the Canadian Embassy and I have a scanned version of it. Should I make my case to the Ottawa center regarding my old police certificate, which the embassy in X country has it in their files? 2) I am in my 4th year, have good academic standing, writing thesis chapters and seem to meet all the requirements and have R&D RA; TA experiences since 2009. But I have more than 6 years of experiences in two different countries with very similar job titles & positions; 3) Because of stupid flu and temperature during exam day, I got 7.0 in my IELTS results (which is utterly shameful) but not willing to go through that experience again. Any tips?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
LazyPhD said:
I decided to apply under this stream now - in between my thesis fieldwork and writing process - and already encountered a problem. 1) I have not applied but read that the police certificate from a country where I worked for 7 years will take me 3 months to get (Damn!). Can I send my application with a note that I have applied to a police certificate? I have not visited this country since I came to Canada and when applying to temporary student visa, the police certificate was directly mailed to the Canadian Embassy and I have a scanned version of it. Should I make my case to the Ottawa center regarding my old police certificate, which the embassy in X country has it in their files? 2) I am in my 4th year, have good academic standing, writing thesis chapters and seem to meet all the requirements and have R&D RA; TA experiences since 2009. But I have more than 6 years of experiences in two different countries with very similar job titles & positions; 3) Because of stupid flu and temperature during exam day, I got 7.0 in my IELTS results (which is utterly shameful) but not willing to go through that experience again. Any tips?
Hi LazyPHD, a lot of people applied without including their PCC, so it's not a problem. I don't even think you'd need any notes of explanations, since they would most likely just request for your police certificate later in the process. Make sure, though, that you score more than 67 points (which I don't think would be a problem since you have more than 6 years of work experience) under BOTH the current system and the new system (since we're not even sure if PhD stream applications are currently still accepted).

aler123

Dec 4, 2012
Hello guys,

I applied under the FSWP as a PhD student in September 2012. Yesterday, December 3 I received my returned application in the mail with an explanation letter saying that the cap has been filled therefore I am not eligible to apply under FSW for 2011.

Now my question to you guys is that did anyone receive the same letter of rejection for their application? If yes, then can you please share your experience and your actions after you received the letter?

Thanks!

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
aler123 said:
Hello guys,

I applied under the FSWP as a PhD student in September 2012. Yesterday, December 3 I received my returned application in the mail with an explanation letter saying that the cap has been filled therefore I am not eligible to apply under FSW for 2011.

Now my question to you guys is that did anyone receive the same letter of rejection for their application? If yes, then can you please share your experience and your actions after you received the letter?

Thanks!
If that is true, this clearly shows that the stream has been put on hold for the coming year.... at least for now.... and my guess is, it should be open once the whole FSW is open.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
websphereguy said:
If that is true, this clearly shows that the stream has been put on hold for the coming year.... at least for now.... and my guess is, it should be open once the whole FSW is open.
The thing is, I think this only shows that last year's cap had been filled at the date of application (sometimes in September), which, I'm assuming, would make sense. We would need to hear from those who apply between November 1 and the end of the year to be completely sure whether the stream has been put on hold until next year.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
aler123 said:
Hello guys,

Thanks!
Oh my God. This is extremely disappionting !

Mine reached CIO in Oct. 1, I have to expect the same reply soon. When exactly did your application reach CIO?