+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
pg123 said:
For those, who think processing of their application is different compare to others....

FYI:

As you all know I have received PPR two days back...

Actually, last week, I wrote to my local MP quoting my GCMS notes.

I mentioned that my file is in 'appears for visa' state for more thank a month and I have not received ppr.

I also mentioned that I passed eligibility, medicals, criminality and according to call centre my file is complete (which means I beleive security checks are done)

Further, I mentioned that I do understand that CPC processed applications according to the app. date. But, I highlighted the fact that there are applicants, who applied after me received PPR.

Then this week I got PPR...

Not sure whether there is influence of MP or not but looks like there is some...

It is worth applying GCMS notes and also worth quoting it. In the worst case, by MPs enquiry, we can understand whether security checks are done or not.

Hi

Thanks for the information, what do you mean by: my local MP ?

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saph said:
I did not call them, but emailed them twice!no reply! Do you think better to call them?
Yes, it is a good idea to call them. You may need to stay in the line or call a few times to get in. But it worth to try. Good luck!

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Hello every body,

I have a question regarding my study permit application, I know it is not a question related to PR but I appreciate if you can help me. I have applied for my study permit renewal on March 3th (2015), I received an email on March 26th and one today. The email says "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information." but when I go to my CIC to check status, I do not see any change or message?
Has anyone has the same experience? Do you have any idea what I should do?

formal_verification

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 14-01-2015
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-04-2015 (Updated on ECAS 01 May 2015)
Interview........
Decision Made (June 12, 2015)
Passport Req..
June 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 27, 2015
Saph said:
Hello every body,

I have a question regarding my study permit application, I know it is not a question related to PR but I appreciate if you can help me. I have applied for my study permit renewal on March 3th (2015), I received an email on March 26th and one today. The email says "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information." but when I go to my CIC to check status, I do not see any change or message?
In my case, I have the same issue but it was updated after one day.

almiar

Feb 20, 2015
Hi Saph

I got the same email too. I applied on Feb 27th and there is no update yet.
CIC website was updated for processing time yesterday and they are working on Feb 1st now.

Saph said:
Hello every body,

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
almiar said:
Hi Saph

I got the same email too. I applied on Feb 27th and there is no update yet.
CIC website was updated for processing time yesterday and they are working on Feb 1st now.
Thanks a lot for the reply!
So is normal that we receive update email and there is no update in MYCIC?
How do you know they are working on Feb 1st now?

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
It happened when my wife applied for the work permit one month ago.
As for the reason, CIC must touch ur application - so the system informs you automatically.
There is no message in the online system since their action such as checking completeness of ur files is not in the list of ones that should be shown in the system.
This is just my theory, and I believe it makes sense.

Right now, u dont have to do anything except waiting patiently.
You will have ur new study permit.....

Saph said:
Hello every body,

PhD2014

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2nd, 2014
AOR Received.
PER jan 13th, 2015
IELTS Request
RPRF March 31st, 2015
Med's Request
April 1st, 2015
Med's Done....
April 17th, 2015
Interview........
Decision made on May 27th, 2015
Passport Req..
June 10th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 22nd, 2015
This is the link for processing time
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Saph said:

almiar

Feb 20, 2015
As PhD2014 mentioned in the previous post you can check the processing time by that link.
Saph said: