+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
gavin_cic said:
It happened when my wife applied for the work permit one month ago.
As for the reason, CIC must touch ur application - so the system informs you automatically.
There is no message in the online system since their action such as checking completeness of ur files is not in the list of ones that should be shown in the system.
This is just my theory, and I believe it makes sense.

Right now, u dont have to do anything except waiting patiently.
You will have ur new study permit.....
Thank you very much for the information :)

Adamant

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012, 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Doc's Request.
PCC of PA
Nomination.....
10/12/2014
AOR Received.
10/12/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
14-01-15
Med's Done....
19-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2015
LANDED..........
09/04/2015
So me and my wife, we have landed today. Everything was very smooth and easy thankfully. We went to Landsdowne thousand Island bridge, as usual the US ppl tried to show off their power by asking random stupid questions which took around 15/20 mints for background check in their system. After then they give us a refusal letter since both of us didn't have the valid US visa, later they guided how to make U-turn to Canada. Note that, we have to show them our CoPR. Once we entered in Canada it was like home, all the officer behave very nicely, asked few general question, check our information in their system and released us in 15 mints with big SMILE ;D.
They didn't ask for any other additional papers except our passports and CoPR (as well as the refusal letter we got from the US border). Suggested us to get a medical insurance for next 3 months since the OHIP will not be issued before that.
So, this is pretty much my PR journey, again lots of love and best wishes for rest of u guys. Thanks Pepe, Viva, Rap-PhD and many of u whom i have bothered in many occasions. I will not be very regular from now but please feel free to PM me if u need any help or advise.

It was my third application, first one was refused for insufficient work experience letter (legendary 'Assistant' word) after 5 months, second one was after 17 months (after medical) reason is confidential but was terrible to accept by me, i could go for appeal but thought will be wasting of money and time and applied third time. Thankfully this time it went through quite smoothly in 7 months tentatively.
After reading this story, even if u didn't know the meaning of ADAMANT i m sure now u can guess what does it meant ;)).

A little piece of advice to the newbie or to the rest of the applicant's ............don't lose ur hope, the more u try or push urself u became more strong and much tolerant. Would like to quote one thing said by Albert Einstein .............."Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adamant said:
So me and my wife, we have landed today. Everything was very smooth and easy thankfully. We went to Landsdowne thousand Island bridge, as usual the US ppl tried to show off their power by asking random stupid questions which took around 15/20 mints for background check in their system. After then they give us a refusal letter since both of us didn't have the valid US visa, later they guided how to make U-turn to Canada. Note that, we have to show them our CoPR. Once we entered in Canada it was like home, all the officer behave very nicely, asked few general question, check our information in their system and released us in 15 mints with big SMILE ;D.
They didn't ask for any other additional papers except our passports and CoPR (as well as the refusal letter we got from the US border). Suggested us to get a medical insurance for next 3 months since the OHIP will not be issued before that.
So, this is pretty much my PR journey, again lots of love and best wishes for rest of u guys. Thanks Pepe, Viva, Rap-PhD and many of u whom i have bothered in many occasions. I will not be very regular from now but please feel free to PM me if u need any help or advise.

It was my third application, first one was refused for insufficient work experience letter (legendary 'Assistant' word) after 5 months, second one was after 17 months (after medical) reason is confidential but was terrible to accept by me, i could go for appeal but thought will be wasting of money and time and applied third time. Thankfully this time it went through quite smoothly in 7 months tentatively.
After reading this story, even if u didn't know the meaning of ADAMANT i m sure now u can guess what does it meant ;)).

A little piece of advice to the newbie or to the rest of the applicant's ............don't lose ur hope, the more u try or push urself u became more strong and much tolerant. Would like to quote one thing said by Albert Einstein .............."Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."
Congratulations again Adamant and thanks for sharing your experience with us! Please check the forum at your convenience to help others.

itsvafa

Nov 10, 2014
Saph said:
Hello every body,

I have a question regarding my study permit application, I know it is not a question related to PR but I appreciate if you can help me. I have applied for my study permit renewal on March 3th (2015), I received an email on March 26th and one today. The email says "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information." but when I go to my CIC to check status, I do not see any change or message?
Has anyone has the same experience? Do you have any idea what I should do?
I got a message like that a couple of weeks after I applied, with no real update on MYCIC. So I interpreted the message as a mistake!

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Adamant said:

Congrats and +1 for you adamant. So happy for you. Wish you the best and success in achieving your other goals :)

pg123

Aug 12, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Doc's Request.
06-01-2015
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
21-12-2014 (we started... 30/12/2014)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2015 (DM 09/04/2014)
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
18-04-2015
Congrats for becoming PR officially and +1 Adamant.

Since your PR journey is over, I am sure that you have other important goals to achieve in your life..

Best wishes.... Very soon all your goals will turn in to reality just like your PR goal, which was successfully accomplished...

AmrAdel

Jul 5, 2014
Adamant said:

Congratulations Adamant and best wishes :)

RAP_PhD

Jul 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25-03-2015 (RCMP Fingerprint)
Med's Request
07-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-05-2015
Many congratulations Adamant!!!!! You succeed by being ADAMANT!! :D

Adamant said:

enamul

Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
(PER) 09-02-2015
Med's Request
27-04-2015
Med's Done....
01-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
Many many congrats, quite adamant indeed :)

Adamant said:

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Adamant said:
So me and my wife, we have landed today. ........ Would like to quote one thing said by Albert Einstein .............."Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."
Congratulations for Adamant..... Best wishes for future lives in Canada....

sebastianderp

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015 (DM 15-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2015 (Passport back on 28-05-2015)
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
Adamant said:

Congrats Adamant! and +1

-derp

Adamant

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
4012, 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Doc's Request.
PCC of PA
Nomination.....
10/12/2014
AOR Received.
10/12/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
14-01-15
Med's Done....
19-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/03/2015
LANDED..........
09/04/2015
Thanks everyone for ur overwhelming good wishes. I am also praying the best for u guys. Take a good care of urself. Yes I am very busy now with my thesis writing and aiming to defend in September. At least my writing phase will be less stressful now which is kind of blessing I guess :).

PhD Applicant FSW

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Doc's Request.
24-04-2015, 05-05-2015
Nomination.....
09-02-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application; RPRF: 05-05-2015
Med's Request
05-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015; Uploaded: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Third Line 02-06-2015; Decision Made: 22-06-2015
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015 Received: 09-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-07-2015
Any October (mid or late) Applicants received Medicals recently?