+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

gboladiran

Sep 24, 2017
Regardless of your wife following you or not you still have to show funds for all your family members depending on how large it is.... If it's just 2 of you then you'll show funds for 2 and if you have kids you'll add them to it as well... If they're following or not.

As regards increasing your scores best you retake your ielts and also include your spouse own too... Her ECA and ielts as well.

All the best.
Thank you for your swift response.

However, I have read that applying as a single applicant gives more points than applying as a married applicant. I will look for the link and post it here

osixco

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hello everyone. I am a newbie and have been trying for about 4yrs to get into Canada through FSW under EE. I wrote the IELTS exams 2 years back and same will expire in Oct 2017 (Next month). I was not able to process my ECA in time due to complications in getting my Transcript form OAU, Ife. I intend to start again anyways.

My question is, how are people able to gather up to 450 points? I have used the CRS calculator several times and always score below 400. I am 30years old, a BSc. holder, over 4 years experience in an aviation job, IELTS - R:7, S:7, L:7.5, W:6.5

Though I am married but trying to apply as a single (i.e spouse not accompanying to Canada) in order to gather adequate fund.

Kindly enlighten me.

Thank you
Dont even think of applying as a single person! If you do and eventually get invited to apply, it will be a very hectic and cumbersome process trying to add your wife, thats if you are not rejected for misrepresentation. The secret of getting a high score is all in IELTS. There is something they call Canadian Language Benchmark CLB, which determines how much your score will shoot up. For example, when you get a clb 9 and above (minimum of S7, R7, W7 and L8) then you get extra 50 points under work experience in transferability section if you have 3 years and above and another 50 points under education still in transferability section if you have a Master’s degree. So having a high crs score largely depends on your ielts score. Seeing your ielts score, u missed a clb 9 cos of your L and W in which you were to get a minimum score of 8 and 7 respectively. Your score above is a clb 7 and doesnt qualify to get the extra marks i jyst explained above. Good luck.

@dannio, when was your file transferred to AVO? I thought AVO wasnt processing eAPR for now...only London and Ottawa. Well, speedy processing to u.

D317

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hello everyone. I am a newbie and have been trying for about 4yrs to get into Canada through FSW under EE. I wrote the IELTS exams 2 years back and same will expire in Oct 2017 (Next month). I was not able to process my ECA in time due to complications in getting my Transcript form OAU, Ife. I intend to start again anyways.

My question is, how are people able to gather up to 450 points? I have used the CRS calculator several times and always score below 400. I am 30years old, a BSc. holder, over 4 years experience in an aviation job, IELTS - R:7, S:7, L:7.5, W:6.5

Though I am married but trying to apply as a single (i.e spouse not accompanying to Canada) in order to gather adequate fund.

Kindly enlighten me.

Thank you
Hi, I think you can improve ur crs score by retaking ur ielt. Do u have a masters? That would increase a bit. Do u speak French? that would help as well when u take the approved exam TEF(Lagos or bush alliance Français).
Secondly, why isn't ur wife going with u? U need her scores as well if she does take d exams and her years of work experience and ECA will definitely add to u.
U can also have scores from relatives over there if u have any. I didn't have any there and I made a 444 crs. My ielt was 8.0 overall band score and I have 2masters, I also have knowledge of French and so write d TEF EXAM, dat gave me some points, I have over 10years of working experience as well as my husband, and so on. You too can beef up ur score with d ielt and ur wife doing also d exam and other things. Best of luck!

Reactions: gboladiran

gboladiran

Sep 24, 2017
Hi, I think you can improve ur crs score by retaking ur ielt. Do u have a masters? That would increase a bit. Do u speak French? that would help as well when u take the approved exam TEF(Lagos or bush alliance Français).
Secondly, why isn't ur wife going with u? U need her scores as well if she does take d exams and her years of work experience and ECA will definitely add to u.
U can also have scores from relatives over there if u have any. I didn't have any there and I made a 444 crs. My ielt was 8.0 overall band score and I have 2masters, I also have knowledge of French and so write d TEF EXAM, dat gave me some points, I have over 10years of working experience as well as my husband, and so on. You too can beef up ur score with d ielt and ur wife doing also d exam and other things. Best of luck!
Thanks alot D317, I really appreciate your response. There's actually no way you were not going to get an ITA with your stats. However, in my own case I don't have a Msc, don't speak French and have no relatives or friends in Canada. The best and only option for me like you said is to retake IELTS and hopefully get better scores. I didn't plan to include my wife as coming with me to Canada, though I stated that I'm married. This is because when I calculated my crs with her accompanying me, I get less scores even when I guessed IELTS scores for her. She's not working yet by the way but has a Bsc

I hope to save up some money to be able to request my transcript, complete ECA and rewrite IELTS. Really expensive here but the end goal is worth it.

Thanks alot and thanks also to @osixco I really appreciate

Reactions: D317

D317

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Thanks alot D317, I really appreciate your response. There's actually no way you were not going to get an ITA with your stats. However, in my own case I don't have a Msc, don't speak French and have no relatives or friends in Canada. The best and only option for me like you said is to retake IELTS and hopefully get better scores. I didn't plan to include my wife as coming with me to Canada, though I stated that I'm married. This is because when I calculated my crs with her accompanying me, I get less scores even when I guessed IELTS scores for her. She's not working yet by the way but has a Bsc

I hope to save up some money to be able to request my transcript, complete ECA and rewrite IELTS. Really expensive here but the end goal is worth it.

Thanks alot and thanks also to @osixco I really appreciate
You will definitely make it. Remember that u can also come in through provincial esp Ontario province does d passive selection whereby once u have a crs score of above 400 u have chances of being picked as against the other provincial nominee programs where u have to apply n all that. Pls do get the transcripts. With or without masters many of my friends have been successful n ur ielt wasn't even as low as some of them, yet dey got in even though dey also had vantage points in their spouse scores n all. It's going to be fine with u. All in all, God is the wonder worker and will perfect ur immigration. I wish u success in ur journey to Canada...it's really worth the trouble. Cheers!

Reactions: gboladiran

Abideen

Apr 2, 2015
I stated

Pls seniors, kindly assist clearify wat to do on this issues below

1) update on PPR from AVO lately ? MR and additional documents requested was submitted to AVO 4th july 2017

2). My application processing time is above ( 18months by sept ending) the specified processing time of 16months , what suld I do ?
Pls can any senior be so kind to assist me on the above

provost

Feb 14, 2017
Pls can any senior be so kind to assist me on the above
Most people here are express entry, If you compare their processing speed with yours you'll be confused. There are quite a few applicants (on other threads) with similar timelines as yours. If you've already submitted medicals, then you're close to PPR

Okaforizuu

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I live in two places at the same time? As for address history? When I started working in 2012, I also started my msc same year, I was actually shuttling between two cities, can the address history overlap each other, since I finished my masters I now stay in one city full time..

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018

Kindly enlighten me.

Thank you
you have to your spouse in the application whether they are accompanying you or not. not mentioning it is a misrepresentation

gracemill

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2016
Hello Everyone,

Quite an age.. Wanted to find out how i can get a Nigerian police report from outside Nigeria?

For does still in the process keep praying hard and have faith.

For does intending to just start what are you waiting for LOL...

For does yet to land, the land of Canada shall favor you as you land AMEN..

Am almost one year now and i would say the benefits surpass all you go through from start to finish during the processing !

Await all your responses to my question.

Stay Blessed.

TheGodofAngelArmies

Aug 16, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Quite an age.. Wanted to find out how i can get a Nigerian police report from outside Nigeria?

For does still in the process keep praying hard and have faith.

For does intending to just start what are you waiting for LOL...

For does yet to land, the land of Canada shall favor you as you land AMEN..

Am almost one year now and i would say the benefits surpass all you go through from start to finish during the processing !

Await all your responses to my question.

Stay Blessed.
If you have relatives or a friend in Lagos, download the form online and fill and finger print. Send to your relative/friend who can go to Alagbon to process it. He cn then scan the report to you which you can upload.

Abideen

Apr 2, 2015
Most people here are express entry, If you compare their processing speed with yours you'll be confused. There are quite a few applicants (on other threads) with similar timelines as yours. If you've already submitted medicals, then you're close to PPR

Tnx u all ,
Got my PPR with some additional document request late sept , n Hv since submitted via DHL , awaiting............. !
Wishing all awaiting nxt stage good news soon, Aamin !

Reactions: dannio

dannio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Tnx u all ,
Got my PPR with some additional document request late sept , n Hv since submitted via DHL , awaiting............. !
Wishing all awaiting nxt stage good news soon, Aamin !
Congratulations.Whats your AOR?
My application was transfered to Accra VO.l am waiting and watching.