+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

saskmydream

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
papapsi said:
Thanks. I did have a cover letter from the bank showing my average balances over the last six months, account opening dates, current (Available) balance and the fact that I do not owe them. It was stamped. Bank statements for six months for all those accounts were attached. Someone suggests that attaching the bank account statements was a mistake and that I should have only left the cover letter.

That said there is no field to upload the said documents so I'm going to both email and raise a CSE to find out exactly what the issue is. This is really depressing now.

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.
papapsi,

i think you over blow yourself on the pof. AVO has several years of experience dealing on this process...i tell you , the officer sees it as being suspicious . you ought not to provide all ur financial stand. i mean 3x the
required fund is way too high...what is your salary? what re your benefits and allowance ? what is your gross pay and net? how do you save that much based on your yearly take home.?
those are the questions the officer will place on your profile and then it becomes query to further analyse its authenticity..

for the sake of other readers, one just need to satisfy the basis need of the pof to cic, they re not goin to respect your pof overblow rather it creates more harms.

For the now, i advise u to chill and think deeply, pls do not rush to reply. i personally cant see anything wrong except over blown of the pof...chill, calm down, discuss with others well and be open if you want positive outcome. I hve seen people with fairness letter that turned to visa...best of luck my guy.....once again , take your time to think deeply and dnt rush...

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
papapsi said:
I got a procedural fairness letter today on PoF. I don't know how to handle it. I included six months of statements, cover letter from bank in specified format, pay slips. Altogether six months average balance is about GHS 70k and current balance GHS 90k My current account statement has two "large deposits" in January. Any advise?

Thanks
1. What % of the total balance is the 2 large deposits?
2. Without the 2 large deposits, would you meet the PoF requirements?
3. Did you explain the 3 large deposits?

VO's are on the lookout for people who borrow money to satisfy PoF requirements, so you might need to explain this to them in your response.
REmember, they are not just looking at your final balance, they will check the average over the last 6 months

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
saskmydream said:
papapsi,

i think you over blow yourself on the pof. AVO has several years of experience dealing on this process...i tell you , the officer sees it as being suspicious . you ought not to provide all ur financial stand. i mean 3x the
required fund is way too high...what is your salary? what re your benefits and allowance ? what is your gross pay and net? how do you save that much based on your yearly take home.?
those are the questions the officer will place on your profile and then it becomes query to further analyse its authenticity..

for the sake of other readers, one just need to satisfy the basis need of the pof to cic, they re not goin to respect your pof overblow rather it creates more harms.

For the now, i advise u to chill and think deeply, pls do not rush to reply. i personally cant see anything wrong except over blown of the pof...chill, calm down, discuss with others well and be open if you want positive outcome. I hve seen people with fairness letter that turned to visa...best of luck my guy.....once again , take your time to think deeply and dnt rush...
Hello Saskmydream

I'd like to put it in perspective without sounding boastful. I'm one step away from C-level in a very large financial institution (sixth largest) and I have been saving for the 7 years+ I've been working. I can pull statements that go back at leat 4 years that show that I didn't bump up statements for this purpose. I save most windfalls I get too (project bonus, gifts, per diems, etc). I have three types of accounts (Current, Savings cum investment and Provident Funds). If I take savings alone or PF alone I meet the requirements and I did not include any Foreign currency accounts. If I take PFs alone, I do too.Do you know a friend had to send me a certain amount and for this purpose I had them deposit to a different bank so as not to arouse suspicion? I have not even gone to my other banks!

From one side, I may have been unwise to include all the accounts as you say but I thought I was just being open. If you look at my company letter and how much they say they pay me (backed by payslips), I can well have and more how much I showed. I didn't bump this up for any reason.

I have given myself one week within which to think this through, solicit advise and then go back with a response. The problem is I am not finding that many people who have had procedural fairness on "PoF" but rather medicals; in fact I've reached out to some of the gurus on here and they haven't yet come back with anything conclusive. Further the letter does not say that there is anything wrong with my money but that he doubts that I have persuaded him. Is it because of specific things he saw on the statement? Is it because the statement didn't get to him/her or the conversions to CAD were problematic? Why is there no upload button to provide the new documentation that the letter explicitly states must be uploaded?

Should I not just ask the specific problem rather than assume and go and further "misfire" in my response?

I'll keep waiting to hear from good people like yourself on here and what exactly comprises a response. Should I start explaining every single "large" deposit?

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
One_Topsy said:
1. What % of the total balance is the 2 large deposits?
2. Without the 2 large deposits, would you meet the PoF requirements?
3. Did you explain the 3 large deposits?

VO's are on the lookout for people who borrow money to satisfy PoF requirements, so you might need to explain this to them in your response.
REmember, they are not just looking at your final balance, they will check the average over the last 6 months
Hello One_Topsy

Please see my responses in blue below:

1. What % of the total balance is the 2 large deposits? 34%
2. Without the 2 large deposits, would you meet the PoF requirements? Yes please, without the entire account to which they were deposited I would meet
3. Did you explain the 3 large deposits? No please because on the statement it says ABC allowance (Jan 2016) and DEF allowance (Jan-Dec 2016). These allowances are ALWAYS paid in January.

I drafted a response in which I shared the bank letter of my balances and asked for specifics that might raise doubt explaining that I will oblige to any further request for information. Any further advise? Send statements backwards 1-2 years that show the thing isn't rigged? Wouldn't that be over-doing it and end up doing exactly what saskmydream says i might have done wrong (over PoFing?)

Thanks for your response and any further advise

Markdoff

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-07-2015
papapsi said:
Hello Saskmydream

I'd like to put it in perspective without sounding boastful. I'm one step away from C-level in a very large financial institution (sixth largest) and I have been saving for the 7 years+ I've been working. I can pull statements that go back at leat 4 years that show that I didn't bump up statements for this purpose. I save most windfalls I get too (project bonus, gifts, per diems, etc). I have three types of accounts (Current, Savings cum investment and Provident Funds). If I take savings alone or PF alone I meet the requirements and I did not include any Foreign currency accounts. If I take PFs alone, I do too.Do you know a friend had to send me a certain amount and for this purpose I had them deposit to a different bank so as not to arouse suspicion? I have not even gone to my other banks!

From one side, I may have been unwise to include all the accounts as you say but I thought I was just being open. If you look at my company letter and how much they say they pay me (backed by payslips), I can well have and more how much I showed. I didn't bump this up for any reason.

I have given myself one week within which to think this through, solicit advise and then go back with a response. The problem is I am not finding that many people who have had procedural fairness on "PoF" but rather medicals; in fact I've reached out to some of the gurus on here and they haven't yet come back with anything conclusive. Further the letter does not say that there is anything wrong with my money but that he doubts that I have persuaded him. Is it because of specific things he saw on the statement? Is it because the statement didn't get to him/her or the conversions to CAD were problematic? Why is there no upload button to provide the new documentation that the letter explicitly states must be uploaded?

Should I not just ask the specific problem rather than assume and go and further "misfire" in my response?

I'll keep waiting to hear from good people like yourself on here and what exactly comprises a response. Should I start explaining every single "large" deposit?
I sent you Pm

yesicanada

Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2015
Doc's Request.
02-02-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2015
AOR Received.
04-01-2016
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
Debbie_belle said:
Just yesterday I wrote my first post here, and the epistle of my application.

Some minutes ago i got the PPR

I am soooo excited!

For those who didnt see the post, my profile is:
FSW (Outland)
AOR 17th November, 2015
Bg check in progress : 16th April, 2016
PPR: 22nd April, 2016

God is definitely faithful :D
Congratulations, Debbie_belle!

yesicanada

Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2015
Doc's Request.
02-02-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2015
AOR Received.
04-01-2016
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
papapsi said:
Hello One_Topsy

Please see my responses in blue below:

1. What % of the total balance is the 2 large deposits? 34%
2. Without the 2 large deposits, would you meet the PoF requirements? Yes please, without the entire account to which they were deposited I would meet
3. Did you explain the 3 large deposits? No please because on the statement it says ABC allowance (Jan 2016) and DEF allowance (Jan-Dec 2016). These allowances are ALWAYS paid in January.

I drafted a response in which I shared the bank letter of my balances and asked for specifics that might raise doubt explaining that I will oblige to any further request for information. Any further advise? Send statements backwards 1-2 years that show the thing isn't rigged? Wouldn't that be over-doing it and end up doing exactly what saskmydream says i might have done wrong (over PoFing?)

Thanks for your response and any further advise
IMHO, I don't think providing an amount more than the figure required as PoF is harmful. If anything, it should help your case! I know someone who provided proof of more than CAD 100,000 and their application has been approved.

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
yesicanada said:
IMHO, I don't think providing an amount more than the figure required as PoF is harmful. If anything, it should help your case! I know someone who provided proof of more than CAD 100,000 and their application has been approved.
I thought so too. I'm going to respond with newer statements but I worry because bonuses will be paid before I get the statements on Tues and that'll be another lump sum. Should I be making assumptions and not just ask what the problem is? Is it risky to simply resend the earlier documentation?

Thanks

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
papapsi said:
I thought so too. I'm going to respond with newer statements but I worry because bonuses will be paid before I get the statements on Tues and that'll be another lump sum. Should I be making assumptions and not just ask what the problem is? Is it risky to simply resend the earlier documentation?

Thanks
Perhaps you can back up the statements with your employment letter/contract or letter of promotion showing these payments are to be made.
Payslips will also be helpful.
Basically, you want to erase any suspicion that you borrowed the money or didn't make it legitimately or that it's a loan.

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
One_Topsy said:
Perhaps you can back up the statements with your employment letter/contract or letter of promotion showing these payments are to be made.
Payslips will also be helpful.
Basically, you want to erase any suspicion that you borrowed the money or didn't make it legitimately or that it's a loan.
I added pay slips to my employer reference. Another thing I don't want to do is prepare an LOE that muddies things. So what I think I'll do is start at employer reference and pay slips and build how I have the balances that I have.

Hopefully that'll clear the air. Thanks

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
papapsi said:
I added pay slips to my employer reference. Another thing I don't want to do is prepare an LOE that muddies things. So what I think I'll do is start at employer reference and pay slips and build how I have the balances that I have.

Hopefully that'll clear the air. Thanks
Hi papasi. ...i dont have much experience but i just wanted to add my two cents.
I feel like the LOE is very important in paper applications. This is your chance to answer any possible questions in the mind of the officer...or gives you an "interview like" opportunity.
These guys go through several applications everyday. ...they r human too...you need to explain possible red flags in your letter.
For example,i had been denied a USA visa 4 times before being granted last year, and a UK visa once before being granted. When i answered "yes" to the statutory questions.i dint write a LOE. The officer who reviewed my application was kind enough to ask me for an explanation as to the denials.
I had to explicitly explain every denial in detail and my application was updated that same day and thats when my bg changed to not needed at this time.
Now im not sure how their minds work but i hope the info i have provided helps a little. EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!!!

chymes

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sch A 12-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
Debbie_belle said:
Just yesterday I wrote my first post here, and the epistle of my application.

Some minutes ago i got the PPR

I am soooo excited!

For those who didnt see the post, my profile is:
FSW (Outland)
AOR 17th November, 2015
Bg check in progress : 16th April, 2016
PPR: 22nd April, 2016

God is definitely faithful :D
Yeah God is definitely faithful. .. Congrats dear

chymes

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Sch A 12-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
eski said:
Hi papasi. ...i dont have much experience but i just wanted to add my two cents.
I feel like the LOE is very important in paper applications. This is your chance to answer any possible questions in the mind of the officer...or gives you an "interview like" opportunity.
These guys go through several applications everyday. ...they r human too...you need to explain possible red flags in your letter.
For example,i had been denied a USA visa 4 times before being granted last year, and a UK visa once before being granted. When i answered "yes" to the statutory questions.i dint write a LOE. The officer who reviewed my application was kind enough to ask me for an explanation as to the denials.
I had to explicitly explain every denial in detail and my application was updated that same day and thats when my bg changed to not needed at this time.
Now im not sure how their minds work but i hope the info i have provided helps a little. EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!!!
Hi PapasI, I agree with eski.A well detailed LOE explaining your funds and the lump sum will suffice.if you can show earlier statements where such lump sums have been paid too and where it is stated in your reference letter, It should help. Not a letter from an auditor but from one human to another. Still refer to your monthly salary and how much you've saved over the years. Believe it will definitely suffice

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
eski said:
Thanks. It's useful and I'll apply the principles I've gleaned.

saskmydream

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
papasi,

i personally had pof issue but not in this direction....have seen people having issue with submitting overblown proof of fund. however, the officer
want you to proof is thought on pof.

letter of explaination is execellent for this challenge and also INCLUDE THE CONTACT OF YOUR HR MANAGER, should they doubt your source of fund .

i did same ,bcos along the line i had over 2million deposited in my SALARY acct by my coy..and i gave the head of HR contact for verification.
Also analyse this very well with an individual who can scan tru your acct statement . really , i cant say much cos i cant view your statement.
Note that officers differs and your seems to be the tough one....#Another thing is , mayb your coy is on red flag with cic history u cant tell..

MOST IMPORTANTLY, HERE IS WHERE PRAYERS COMES IN ....WILL PRAY FOR U , PLS PRAY WELL ..wanna see u in CANNY.