+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

jideomoba

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nigeria Folks,

Please do anyone knows have an idea on how to book flight on British airways (BA) and pay at bank or their office in Naira. The fare looks reasonable if paid in the official CBN rate(I understands airlines uses this rate). I don't want to use a card as the banks will use their 'almighty' rate.

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
jideomoba said:
Nigeria Folks,

Please do anyone knows have an idea on how to book flight on British airways (BA) and pay at bank or their office in Naira. The fare looks reasonable if paid in the official CBN rate(I understands airlines uses this rate). I don't want to use a card as the banks will use their 'almighty' rate.
Have you tried wakanow?

yesicanada

Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2015
Doc's Request.
02-02-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2015
AOR Received.
04-01-2016
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
papapsi said:
Nearly thrice the required amounts in CAD. The letter from my company talks about my allowances as well as basic salary. My pay slips which I attached to my employer reference also show it. My statements show it as company ALLOWANCES as well. Otherwise transaction flow is the same. Funny thing is there are two accounts whole balance alone makes me exceed the required amount so I really don't know. Has anyone else experienced this?
Did you include the financial profile letter from your bank? It should list of all your bank and investment accounts, including the account number, the date the account was opened, and the balance of each account over the past six months.

In addition, the letter should list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans, be printed on your bank’s letterhead, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

Have a look at this thread as well:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/a-complete-way-to-nail-source-of-fund-dilemma-t349224.0.html

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
papapsi said:
Please see the details below for advise. Thanks

Dear XXX,

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada in the skilled working category.

We have determined that you may be ineligible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financials requirements necessary for a family of $12,164(CAD$) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations: The skilled worker must (i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or
(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.
Before we make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you). Valuations of current property are not acceptable as proof of available funds.
Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.
If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.
Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies signed by notaries cannot be accepted.
For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp.
Thank you again for the interest you have shown in Canada."

Grateful for your advise. does it mean the first letter I uploaded didn't go or work? Could it be because my allowances were paid and they were two "large" deposits in January for my current account?

I really don't know how to attack this issue but I will share what I did to show pof.

I employed an audit firm to carryout a full comprehensive financial audit on me and my wife. Gave them accounts statements for 6 months, life insurance policies and pension contribution details. Pls include date the accounts where opened.
The auditor prepared the report which I uploaded and also included prove for everything mentioned in the report.

Wish you the best my dear friend.

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
xls said:
I really don't know how to attack this issue but I will share what I did to show pof.

I employed an audit firm to carryout a full comprehensive financial audit on me and my wife. Gave them accounts statements for 6 months, life insurance policies and pension contribution details. Pls include date the accounts where opened.
The auditor prepared the report which I uploaded and also included prove for everything mentioned in the report.

Wish you the best my dear friend.
Wow that's deep. Let me speak to a few auditor friends and see. It might cost me a kidney but I'll explore it and see. Thanks

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
I am struggling to figure out why you were sent the letter as your average balance is a lot more than what is required.

Did you include a letter of explanation and the letter from your employer with the proof of funds? If you did not, my advice will be for you to write a letter explaining the reasons for the lump sums in your account and refer to the the letter from your employer stating that you were paid allowances at that time. In addition, include your bank statements and highlight the transactions. You should also get a letter from your bank that shows the average balances and current balances for all your account. The letter from your bank should also specifically state you do not owe them any debts.

I wish you all the best and God's favour.
papapsi said:
Wow that's deep. Let me speak to a few auditor friends and see. It might cost me a kidney but I'll explore it and see. Thanks

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
dupsy21 said:
I am struggling to figure out why you were sent the letter as your average balance is a lot more than what is required.

Did you include a letter of explanation and the letter from your employer with the proof of funds? If you did not, my advice will be for you to write a letter explaining the reasons for the lump sums in your account and refer to the the letter from your employer stating that you were paid allowances at that time. In addition, include your bank statements and highlight the transactions. You should also get a letter from your bank that shows the average balances and current balances for all your account. The letter from your bank should also specifically state you do not owe them any debts.

I wish you all the best and God's favour.
Thanks. I did have a cover letter from the bank showing my average balances over the last six months, account opening dates, current (Available) balance and the fact that I do not owe them. It was stamped. Bank statements for six months for all those accounts were attached. Someone suggests that attaching the bank account statements was a mistake and that I should have only left the cover letter.

That said there is no field to upload the said documents so I'm going to both email and raise a CSE to find out exactly what the issue is. This is really depressing now.

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
My proof of funds was not even as good as yours yet my application was approved.
I am thinking it might have been a mistake. It is possible the information you sent did not transmit due to technical hitch.

I think you should send the information via CSE without the bank statements.

papapsi said:
Thanks. I did have a cover letter from the bank showing my average balances over the last six months, account opening dates, current (Available) balance and the fact that I do not owe them. It was stamped. Bank statements for six months for all those accounts were attached. Someone suggests that attaching the bank account statements was a mistake and that I should have only left the cover letter.

That said there is no field to upload the said documents so I'm going to both email and raise a CSE to find out exactly what the issue is. This is really depressing now.

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
dupsy21 said:
My proof of funds was not even as good as yours yet my application was approved.
I am thinking it might have been a mistake. It is possible the information you sent did not transmit due to technical hitch.

I think you should send the information via CSE without the bank statements.
I'm hoping so too so i'm raising a CSE and I'll do as you've advised. But if they didn't get the information due to a technical glitch why don't they just say so but instead "frighten" me with this procedural fairness thing ? I'll let you know how it goes when I get a response to the CSE.

Thanks much

Debbie_belle

Mar 29, 2016
Just yesterday I wrote my first post here, and the epistle of my application.

Some minutes ago i got the PPR

I am soooo excited!

For those who didnt see the post, my profile is:
FSW (Outland)
AOR 17th November, 2015
Bg check in progress : 16th April, 2016
PPR: 22nd April, 2016

God is definitely faithful :D

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016
Debbie_belle said:

I am soooo excited!

FSW (Outland)
AOR 17th November, 2015

Oh wow; Congratulations!!!

HudsonBanks

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
Debbie_belle said:

I am soooo excited!

FSW (Outland)
AOR 17th November, 2015

Wow this is amazing, Congrats!

HudsonBanks

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2016
rajarajan said:
so other are bad people?. only accra ppl are good?.

don't spread hatred... bullshit
Huh??? Dude you alright? What are you on about?