+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apllication returned back bcoz of Birth certificate

preethi_05

Aug 8, 2012
Hi,

I got Birth certificate from Indian Consulate and filed my application. But they have returned my application package saying it is incomplete.

PLEASE NOTE, WE DO NOT ACCEPT PASSPORTS AS PROOF OF BIRTH, THEREFORE WE ARE UNABLE TO
ACCEPT DETAILS FROM PASSPORT. WE DO ACCEPT SECONDARY SCHOOL RECORDS THAT CONTAIN THE

FOLLOWING:

1) APPL|CANT'S NAME

2) DATE OF BIRTH
3) NAME OF PARENT/PARENTS

IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE A BIRTH CERTIFICATE WITH ALL 3 CRITERIA, WE REQUIRE AN
AFFIDAVIT STATING ALL OF THIS INFORMATION OR THAT A BIRTH CERTIFICATE CANNOT BE ATTAINED.

I have Transfer certificate which has MY NAME, DOB and NAME OF PARENT- FATHERS NAME. I am not sure if they accept this document as it does not have MOTHERS NAME.

What abt an AFFIDAVIT saying that BIRTH CERTIFICATE cannot be attained with all of this information? Do i have to send a TC attested by Notary Public? I have the Ration card which has Parents name (Father and Mother). Can i send this copy?

I dont know what to do.

Please help.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Do note that the Certificate issued by CGI is not a 'Birth Certificate' but only a 'Certificate of Date of Birth' which merely evidences that your DOB as per your passport is DATE:MONTH:YEAR.

Your TC will serve the purpose (not required to be notarised). Just make sure it contains your full name, your date of birth and your father's full name. Mother's name is not required. Just to make your case more strong, you can also send an Affidavit evidencing your DOB (attested by a Notary).

Ration Card is not accepted by CIC as an evidence of DOB.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When did you file you application preethi_05?

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Hello Andy2109,

Are you suggesting an affidavit ( for DOB proof) done here in Canada? But again, the information goes into that are the details from our passport ( CGI is also providing the same in the DOB certificate)? Not sure whether CIC will accept that. THX>>>

watchpu5hp

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Dec 2012
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
28th Jan 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
24th Sep 2013
Med's Done....
1st Oct 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21st Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7th nov 2013
LANDED..........
10th Nov 2013
preethi_05 said:
Hi,

I got Birth certificate from Indian Consulate and filed my application. But they have returned my application package saying it is incomplete.

PLEASE NOTE, WE DO NOT ACCEPT PASSPORTS AS PROOF OF BIRTH, THEREFORE WE ARE UNABLE TO
ACCEPT DETAILS FROM PASSPORT. WE DO ACCEPT SECONDARY SCHOOL RECORDS THAT CONTAIN THE

FOLLOWING:

1) APPL|CANT'S NAME

2) DATE OF BIRTH
3) NAME OF PARENT/PARENTS

IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE A BIRTH CERTIFICATE WITH ALL 3 CRITERIA, WE REQUIRE AN
AFFIDAVIT STATING ALL OF THIS INFORMATION OR THAT A BIRTH CERTIFICATE CANNOT BE ATTAINED.

I have Transfer certificate which has MY NAME, DOB and NAME OF PARENT- FATHERS NAME. I am not sure if they accept this document as it does not have MOTHERS NAME.

What abt an AFFIDAVIT saying that BIRTH CERTIFICATE cannot be attained with all of this information? Do i have to send a TC attested by Notary Public? I have the Ration card which has Parents name (Father and Mother). Can i send this copy?

I dont know what to do.

Please help.
I was in the same stage as yours.
I sent the following things. Since i submitted my application only on dec 10th i am still waiting for feedback
1. hand written letter stating i could not provide birth certificate because in India birth certificate was not issued at that time and hence consider bellow items in support of that.
2. 10th marksheet( it had only my DOB and my name :()
3. 12th marksheet ( it has my and my father's name but no DOB)
4. Marriage certificate ( it had my name, father's name and my DOB)

I think if transfer certificate has your name, your date of birth and your father's name it should be acceptable to CIC.
Don't forget to provide a hand written explaination if you did not do it last time.
finger crossed

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
request to you go though in forum for DOB details , lots of applicants faced this issue in recent times.. based on posts you can take decision on this matter .

Refer below link for more details

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/date-of-birth-certificate-issue-t128076.0.html

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Preethi,

I opine that rather than seeking suggestions, you should be guided by what CIC has asked you to provide. As required, get an Affidavit done (either by your parents in India or by you if you are physically present in Canada).

Please don't mind but this is not the time to question the legality of an Affidavit against the Certificate of Date of Birth issued by CGI. Your TC contains the required name, Date of Birth and your father's name. Submit your TC along with an Affidavit and it will solve the problem.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
friends, my wife and I dont have the date of birth certificates. We did submit the secondary school certificates but they don't have the fathers last name on it but just contain the first name. I also submitted an affidavit along with the secondary school certificate.

Would I have any problem?

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
You are good having submitted an AFFIDAVIT. Better not taking a chance with your Father's last name not appearing on your School Certificate.

srionline117

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
Preethi, Yahho7:

Did you submit PCC along with PR application in Nov or planned to send later when you asked to send ? I am thinking how I should proceed reg to PCC submission.

Skylark4u

Jan 11, 2013
preethi_05 and all facing the same issue
PLEASE MAKE AN AFFIDAVIT FROM ANY CANADIAN LAWYER, ONLY THIS ONE WILL WORK IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ORIGINAL BC OR CANNT GET ONE SOON FROM INDIA

AM SUGGESTING YOU ALL TO DO THE SAME, AS I WAS IN THE SAME SITUATION EARLIER AND CIC HAS ACCEPTED MY AFFIDAVIT

REG,
Skylark

rohitprimus

Jan 1, 2013
Skylark4u said:
preethi_05 and all facing the same issue
PLEASE MAKE AN AFFIDAVIT FROM ANY CANADIAN LAWYER, ONLY THIS ONE WILL WORK IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ORIGINAL BC OR CANNT GET ONE SOON FROM INDIA

AM SUGGESTING YOU ALL TO DO THE SAME, AS I WAS IN THE SAME SITUATION EARLIER AND CIC HAS ACCEPTED MY AFFIDAVIT

REG,
Skylark
Thats a good choice!!!