Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi Guys, The EIT Application doesn't take that long, it took my application 2 and half weeks and it was approved. I don't know what happened but I guess I was just a little lucky. Also as a rule of thumb now, most provinces will certainly prefer you start as an EIT before applying for PENG and u need some experience within the country and then u can apply for PENG, before u could apply directly for PENG if u have some experience but everything has changed this days. So wishing all you gentle men and ladies the best in your application,.
where did you apply for your EIT? APEGA/APEGS?? And did you write the FE exam?
Ohh and where did you school for your Bsc & Msc.

Kindly respond.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi Z0mbie, if i apply for EIT from APEGS & i get a job in Alberta or decide to settle there, will I be able to transfer my EIT license? Basically my question is are EIT licenses transferable?
2nd question: Just to confirm something that I think you already addressed. APEGA gives EITs FE exam as confirmatory exams but APEGS doesn't?
Hi tobs,

1. I believe APEGA allows EIT transfer from other provinces but please confirm with the board. I have seen online application where you can select inter-provincial mobility application for EIT however I have never done this to be sure.
2. APEGS will also assign confirmatory exams for international degree holders but can be waived if you have sufficient work experience which is acceptable to the board.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
U
Hi tobs,

1. I believe APEGA allows EIT transfer from other provinces but please confirm with the board. I have seen online application where you can select inter-provincial mobility application for EIT however I have never done this to be sure.
2. APEGS will also assign confirmatory exams for international degree holders but can be waived if you have sufficient work experience which is acceptable to the board.

Hope this helps!
Yes. It is. Thanks Z.
It's such a bummer that international degree holders are made to write the confirmatory exam despite WES accrediting our courses to be the same as the Canadian degree

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi Guys, The EIT Application doesn't take that long, it took my application 2 and half weeks and it was approved. I don't know what happened but I guess I was just a little lucky. Also as a rule of thumb now, most provinces will certainly prefer you start as an EIT before applying for PENG and u need some experience within the country and then u can apply for PENG, before u could apply directly for PENG if u have some experience but everything has changed this days. So wishing all you gentle men and ladies the best in your application,.
Hi for your EIT application, did you need to write the FE exam??
Did you school in either the Canada or the US?

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi for your EIT application, did you need to write the FE exam??
Did you school in either the Canada or the US?
I have PE from US and part of the process to get license in US it to first pass the FE exam and then the PP exam. I gave APEGS copies of my US EIT & PE license certificate to prove I wrote the FE exam. Also, APEGS might have called the licensing board directly to confirm as well.

Reactions: tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I have PE from US and part of the process to get license in US it to first pass the FE exam and then the PP exam. I gave APEGS copies of my US EIT & PE license certificate to prove I wrote the FE exam. Also, APEGS might have called the licensing board directly to confirm as well.
Thanks for replying.
I have an international engineering certificate. I think I might be required to write the FE exam.

tahsil

Nov 10, 2017
Hi,
When I want to send my self assessment, do I have to fill it with details of courses I passed during my BSc. only? what about the courses I passed during my MSc.?

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi,
When I want to send my self assessment, do I have to fill it with details of courses I passed during my BSc. only? what about the courses I passed during my MSc.?
I believe self assessment is only for Bachelor's degree as the minimum requirement is 4 years Bachelor's Degree. Please do email and check with APEGS if you want to take credit for some of the courses from your Master's degree.

Reactions: tahsil
Dec 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Hello Seniors,
I have a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from India and 19 year of Experience ( India 5 yrs & Middle east 14 yrs). I have applied for APEGS - EIT. They send me SA form. Please any of you can share your Filled SA for guidance. because some of the Descriptions /topics are NOT covered in my Degree Syllabus as it was 1993-1997. Pls any help in this matter in highly appreciated. Email: aravind.bahrain@gmail.com
Thank you.

CVIF123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July4
File Transfer...
September 20th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
november 10th 2015
Thanks for replying.
I have an international engineering certificate. I think I might be required to write the FE exam.
Did you wrote exam ?

hkned1

Mar 11, 2018
Hi Wyne/ or Any experience Member.
I have 18 year professional experience (10 year Pakistan + 8 year Saudia Arabia). My application assessemnt from APEGS for EIT status in progress after submission all document last month. My question is that in order to waive confirmatory exam they consider only (canada, US, Europe) experience or third world countries like Pakistan, India, Saudia Arabia etc experience also acceptable.
One more question whether they will ask my job experience later on or that's enough that i was submitted before to APEGS during EIT application.
Reply awaited from experienced members.

mushtaq khan

Mar 6, 2018
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
All Employer Pay Slips submitted on 13/12/2018.
Nomination.....
13-12-2018
AOR Received.
25-03-2019
Hi Wyne/ or Any experience Member.
I have 18 year professional experience (10 year Pakistan + 8 year Saudia Arabia). My application assessemnt from APEGS for EIT status in progress after submission all document last month. My question is that in order to waive confirmatory exam they consider only (canada, US, Europe) experience or third world countries like Pakistan, India, Saudia Arabia etc experience also acceptable.
One more question whether they will ask my job experience later on or that's enough that i was submitted before to APEGS during EIT application.
Reply awaited from experienced members.
Dear,
I have 10 years Kuwait Experience that I submitted 5 Yrs to APEGS for review and they accepted mine Kuwait experience and gave me 3 yrs towards PE and now I am waiting for approved Certificate for EIT.

hkned1

Mar 11, 2018
Dear,
I have 10 years Kuwait Experience that I submitted 5 Yrs to APEGS for review and they accepted mine Kuwait experience and gave me 3 yrs towards PE and now I am waiting for approved Certificate for EIT.
Dear Thanks for your reply. Congrats for EIT. What is your approval processing time and degree from which country. I have (4 year ) degree of Civil Engineering from Pakistan and WES (Course by course assessment give equivalency of 136.5 credit hours). what is yours??.