+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apegs

mushtaq khan

Mar 6, 2018
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
All Employer Pay Slips submitted on 13/12/2018.
Nomination.....
13-12-2018
AOR Received.
25-03-2019
Dear i applied APEGS 14 jan 2018 and 21 feb IP date.I got a letter confirmatory 3 exams or submit 5 yr exp on 22 aug.I have done B.E mechanical engg from india 2005 passout.
I submitted 5+ yrs exp to APEGS on 3 sep 2018 and they approved on 30 oct by a result letter.Now i am waiting for approved letter and due for membership, hope end of dec will i get.

Reactions: famma

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Dear i applied APEGS 14 jan 2018 and 21 feb IP date.I got a letter confirmatory 3 exams or submit 5 yr exp on 22 aug.I have done B.E mechanical engg from india 2005 passout.
I submitted 5+ yrs exp to APEGS on 3 sep 2018 and they approved on 30 oct by a result letter.Now i am waiting for approved letter and due for membership, hope end of dec will i get.
Hello Mushtaq,

Can you share how you submitted the experience? Would you be able to share your record as a reference if I send you my email address in private?

Thanks

famma

Mar 12, 2019
Hi,
I applied to APEGS and got a letter that states they have assigned 3 confirmation exams base on the information provided, that the option to waive exams do not apply to me. I hold a M.Sc. "Engineering" from the UK, a 4 year B.A.Sc. degree "Industrial" from the USA and a 3 year Advance Diploma "Mechanical" from Canada.
The letter state that "The ARC can waive confirmation exam in the following situations: [1] You can demonstrate you have at least 5 years Eng. experience at acceptable level (as determine by APEGS experience review committee); [2] You have a graduate degree in Engineering (Masters or PhD) for which you have not already provide academic documents; [3] you passed FE exam" The paragraph further state that if any of these options apply, to contact them. and if any apply, to contact them.

I really don't know what to make of this, at first letter state "option to wave does not apply" but later state what option can waive confirmation exam.

Anyone experience this scenario? any recommendation/suggestion?

P.s. Industrial Engineering major

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi,
I applied to APEGS and got a letter that states they have assigned 3 confirmation exams base on the information provided, that the option to waive exams do not apply to me. I hold a M.Sc. "Engineering" from the UK, a 4 year B.A.Sc. degree "Industrial" from the USA and a 3 year Advance Diploma "Mechanical" from Canada.
The letter state that "The ARC can waive confirmation exam in the following situations: [1] You can demonstrate you have at least 5 years Eng. experience at acceptable level (as determine by APEGS experience review committee); [2] You have a graduate degree in Engineering (Masters or PhD) for which you have not already provide academic documents; [3] you passed FE exam" The paragraph further state that if any of these options apply, to contact them. and if any apply, to contact them.

I really don't know what to make of this, at first letter state "option to wave does not apply" but later state what option can waive confirmation exam.

Anyone experience this scenario? any recommendation/suggestion?

P.s. Industrial Engineering major

From what you have said, I understand that they cannot waive your exams solely based on the educational documents you submitted so far. If you want the exams to be waived then you will have to submit 5 years of experience. Do you have 5 years of acceptable experience? (Acceptable experience would mean that you worked in the same area of your education)

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hello guys. I want to share my experience. I submitted my complete application to APEGS on Feb. 27 and got approval for EIT in just one week. I submitted the following educational documents,

1. WES Equivalency showing 4 years "Engineering" equivalent to a Canadian degree for my Pakistani B.E.
2. Canadian MESc. documents

I also submitted my resume showing more than 5 years if experience but I guess they didn't need my experience record to waive confirmatory exams as I had Canadian Master of Engineering Science.

famma

Mar 12, 2019
From what you have said, I understand that they cannot waive your exams solely based on the educational documents you submitted so far. If you want the exams to be waived then you will have to submit 5 years of experience. Do you have 5 years of acceptable experience? (Acceptable experience would mean that you worked in the same area of your education)
Hi
Thanks for your feedback. Yes over 10 years experience.
Interestingly, I did submit my CV as well as an Experience report with my application. This is why the second paragraph of the letter confuses me. could it be that the ARC did not consider my CV and Exp. Report and that this would be the task of the ERC.??? Not sure if anyone had this happen to them.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi
Thanks for your feedback. Yes over 10 years experience.
Interestingly, I did submit my CV as well as an Experience report with my application. This is why the second paragraph of the letter confuses me. could it be that the ARC did not consider my CV and Exp. Report and that this would be the task of the ERC.??? Not sure if anyone had this happen to them.
I guess they did not move you to the ARC automatically. You can do one, give them a call and see what they say. From my experience, they are very friendly and helpful. They would be able to tell you exactly what you need to do and what it means. There is no negative impact on your application if you call them for clarification. I called them so many times and every time they answered all my questions very patiently and professionally.

Nisarjamali

May 24, 2019
Hi.

Did you receive your APEGS EIT licensing. If yes, How many months did it take after your application was given in progress status.

Nisarjamali

May 24, 2019
Hi Wyne/ or Any experience Member.
I have 18 year professional experience (10 year Pakistan + 8 year Saudia Arabia). My application assessemnt from APEGS for EIT status in progress after submission all document last month. My question is that in order to waive confirmatory exam they consider only (canada, US, Europe) experience or third world countries like Pakistan, India, Saudia Arabia etc experience also acceptable.
One more question whether they will ask my job experience later on or that's enough that i was submitted before to APEGS during EIT application.
Reply awaited from experienced members.
Hi.

Did you receive your APEGS EIT licensing. If yes, How many months did it take after your application was given in progress status.

hkned1

Mar 11, 2018
Hi.

NOT YET RECEIVED ANY THING FROM APEGS. All required documents submitted and reached at 29 Oct 2018, after that no reply from APEGS, still case in progress

mushtaq khan

Mar 6, 2018
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
All Employer Pay Slips submitted on 13/12/2018.
Nomination.....
13-12-2018
AOR Received.
25-03-2019
Hi.

Hi all,

I received EIT/MIT Certificate along with stamp from APEGS in Dec-2018. It took 3 months to approve my Practical 5 Yrs Experience Report by ARC.

Even my PR (PNP) application is with CIC for further In process.

Nisarjamali

May 24, 2019
Hi all,

I received EIT/MIT Certificate along with stamp from APEGS in Dec-2018. It took 3 months to approve my Practical 5 Yrs Experience Report by ARC.

Even my PR (PNP) application is with CIC for further In process.
Can you connect with me on whatsapp to discuss further. 00971551061485

famma

Mar 12, 2019
Hi,
When I want to send my self assessment, do I have to fill it with details of courses I passed during my BSc. only? what about the courses I passed during my MSc.?
My suggestion is that you prepare and submit your SA including the courses you took in your master's degree as well. This help bolster your academic evaluation and provide enough information to help the assessor in determining depth and breath

famma

Mar 12, 2019
Hi.

Hi
The APEGS explained that they are not able to except thee 3 confirmatory exams. The primary reason is that they still need to confirm you know what you know. My undergraduate was from a little know university who at the time of my enrollment,program was not ABET accreditated, dispute the fact that the degree attain it accredited a year after I graduated.