+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APEGS LICENSE

Nov 7, 2020
thanks a lot for replying...i thought for online CBA, validators are not important as they mentioned this in FAQ.....do we have to mention the names of projects as well...?
Name of the project if you dont want to mentiin ,then its fine,they mainly want to know what you did how you did,why you did and the degree of competency,like its an engineer level competency or technician level competency..they need an engineer level competency..I woul like to revice my 5 numbers can you give me your email address or whatsapp number,I can discuss with you for that,can you please help me ?

jhunix

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Cebu
App. Filed.......
19-07-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi All,

I just started my application for MIT or EIT in APEGA. I am in the process of filling in the information in the APEGA application portal. I just have a few questions regarding this.

1. Education : Can I declare my 1-year post-secondary certificate completed in Canada in my education section aside from the Bachelor's Degree that I have completed in my home country?

2. Comments : What do we put in here? I do not have any comments for my application though so I just wrote "None".

Here is my background:

BS Mechanical Engineering completed last October 2011
I have 6+ years of experience as a project engineer (MEP) in the construction industry ( 2012 to 2017)
Work gap (2018 til present) because I came here in Canada on a Student Visa and currently on my PGWP

I'm not sure if I will be required to take the FE Exam depending on their evaluation, but I plan to start studying ahead since most of the applicants were required. I read from this forum that some are taking FE Other Discipline. I don't know what the reason is but I am just curious about it and made me confuse. Should I take FE Other Discipline even though I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering or I should stick to FE Mechanical. Can someone enlighten me about this?

Thank you in advance.

Nov 7, 2020
Confirmatory exams are waived off & 36 months credits are awarded. I received this update today. Can any one help in informing regarding EIT certificate issuance post exams waive off?
woww congratulations...you request for EOI in saskachewan..apply for SINP..attach this letter...and apply..can I send you email,because my 5 competencies they have accepted,five they are asking to revise.I have total 10 competencies..pls give a reply.

mech.engr21

Mar 9, 2020
Confirmatory exams are waived off & 36 months credits are awarded. I received this update today. Can any one help in informing regarding EIT certificate issuance post exams waive off?
congrats.. i think it all took nearly 6 months right ? do the validators have to write or comment in detail ? how many years of work exp. u had in total...

Feb 18, 2020
congrats.. i think it all took nearly 6 months right ? do the validators have to write or comment in detail ? how many years of work exp. u had in total...
Thanks. Yes it took around 06 months. Validators’ comments are not visible to applicant. I have 10+ years of experience.

josepherick

Aug 6, 2021
Hi I am an Electrical Engineer applying for PNP Saskatchewan. I have a letter from APEGS waiving my 3 confirmatory exams but I need to go through a Competency-Based Assessment (CBA). They have mentioned that based on the technical engineering experience in my resume they have given an option to waive 3 confirmatory exams. Also they have quoted this message to me (see below) :

"Your employment history in the online CBA system must include at least 5 years of engineering work experience. Experience that is only project
management with no direct technical engineering such as analysis and design is not acceptable to waive confirmatory exams
. Furthermore, the experience you report on must be in the same discipline as your education because it is confirming that education."

Does that mean I need to write PURELY Project Management Experience? because when I read the CBA framework - It needs "10 TECHNICAL" COMPETENCIES and OTHERS.

Can someone please advise me on the the competency framework to write will it be TECHNICAL or PROJECT MANAGEMENT?

Also, will this letter be sufficient for me to apply an EOI PNP to Saskatchewan?

Many Thanks

Feb 18, 2020
Hi I am an Electrical Engineer applying for PNP Saskatchewan. I have a letter from APEGS waiving my 3 confirmatory exams but I need to go through a Competency-Based Assessment (CBA). They have mentioned that based on the technical engineering experience in my resume they have given an option to waive 3 confirmatory exams. Also they have quoted this message to me (see below) :

"Your employment history in the online CBA system must include at least 5 years of engineering work experience. Experience that is only project
management with no direct technical engineering such as analysis and design is not acceptable to waive confirmatory exams
. Furthermore, the experience you report on must be in the same discipline as your education because it is confirming that education."

Does that mean I need to write PURELY Project Management Experience? because when I read the CBA framework - It needs "10 TECHNICAL" COMPETENCIES and OTHERS.

Can someone please advise me on the the competency framework to write will it be TECHNICAL or PROJECT MANAGEMENT?

Also, will this letter be sufficient for me to apply an EOI PNP to Saskatchewan?

Many Thanks
Hi,
You need to give examples from your work experience relevant to the mentioned 10 Technical competences. CBA has advised that the majority of portion of your competences should be based on pure Engineering work, project management examples should be kept to a minimum level.
Your confirmatory exam letter from APEGS is more than enough at EOI stage.
One important point is that your work experience should be inline with your degree & selected Canadian NOC

josepherick

Aug 6, 2021
Hi,
You need to give examples from your work experience relevant to the mentioned 10 Technical competences. CBA has advised that the majority of portion of your competences should be based on pure Engineering work, project management examples should be kept to a minimum level.
Your confirmatory exam letter from APEGS is more than enough at EOI stage.
One important point is that your work experience should be inline with your degree & selected Canadian NOC
Thank you v much for the reply and clarification. Noted on the last point.

Just to confirm regarding the confirmatory exam letter, meaning, this letter that i currently have from APEGS (The reply to waive the confirmatory exams by work experience reporting option)

OR

The outcome letter from CBA/APEGS when i have finished my work exp report?

I am not sure whether I can file an EOI by now

Feb 18, 2020
Thank you v much for the reply and clarification. Noted on the last point.

Just to confirm regarding the confirmatory exam letter, meaning, this letter that i currently have from APEGS (The reply to waive the confirmatory exams by work experience reporting option)

OR

The outcome letter from CBA/APEGS when i have finished my work exp report?

I am not sure whether I can file an EOI by now
Yes you can file EOI now. It will take sufficient time till you receive ITA. Even just an application to APEGS is sufficient at EOI stage since no documents are required to be submitted. Main requirements at EOI stage are valid IELtS result & ECA report from WES.

you will be asked for complete documents submission once you receive ITA. You will have 02 months for submission of documents

Reactions: josepherick

mech.engr21

Mar 9, 2020
Hi brother... After submitting CBA /work experience report, how many months did they take for mailing you results of CBA
I think it takes 2-3 months...right ?

mech.engr21

Mar 9, 2020
ya i read that.... was wondering if this duration is different for everyone ...they said 2 months but could also take max 3 months.

mech.engr21

Mar 9, 2020
Bro, It’s already mentioned on APEGS website regarding cut off dates of CBA submission & tentative response schedule. Below is the link for your reference:

https://www.apegs.ca/Portal/Pages/work-experience-reporting
Hi brother .... after submitting work exp for technical comptncies...did u also submit for catogies 2-7. Received a letter written in between as "You now have a total of 36 months experience credit toward professional registration." but at the same time its saying work exp. is not final and will have to submit new CBA for categories 2-7. did u receive EIT certificate? at what stage do we apply this doc in EOI..