Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi guys,
I would like to know if anyone has tried obtaining APEGS or any other professional license (Engineer in Training) from outside Canada ?

Regards,

alimzlm

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
I would like to know if there is a benefit from getting Canada engineering license . Do that help in getting Canadian job in the future?

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alimzlm said:
I would like to know if there is a benefit from getting Canada engineering license . Do that help in getting Canadian job in the future?
yes definitely it will help you, specially that the market is too competitive these days.

Go ahead and apply for the license, it takes a long time, the sooner you start your application the better.

Please note that the processing take a long time, so my advice is to apply before coming to Canada to save some time.(check on the website if this is possible - 99% it should be possible).

I applied myself before arriving in Canada and everything went well.

Good luck.

sreejimunthikodu

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dupsy21 said:
I have just started the process. I will be glad to learn from people that have been successful
Hi Dupsy,
great to hear. I also just started the process. Submitted my application, requested WES to send my upgraded copy to APEGS. About to send my resume and identity proof by mail.

I hope they wave off my confirmatory exam owing to my 6 plus years of experience.

sreejimunthikodu

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mdotk said:
yes definitely it will help you, specially that the market is too competitive these days.

Go ahead and apply for the license, it takes a long time, the sooner you start your application the better.

Please note that the processing take a long time, so my advice is to apply before coming to Canada to save some time.(check on the website if this is possible - 99% it should be possible).

I applied myself before arriving in Canada and everything went well.

Good luck.
Nice to hear. In your case, I assume you are experienced, did you have to to clear the confirmatory exam or was it waived off. I read in their website they might wave off the exam requirement if you have a masters from Canada or if you have significant experience.

Thanks

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
I am a step behind you. I will submit my application within the next few days and will request an upgrade from WES after submission.

How long were you given to submit your identity proof and resume?

sreejimunthikodu said:
Hi Dupsy,
great to hear. I also just started the process. Submitted my application, requested WES to send my upgraded copy to APEGS. About to send my resume and identity proof by mail.

I hope they wave off my confirmatory exam owing to my 6 plus years of experience.

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
sreejimunthikodu said:
Hi Dupsy,

please send the site for applying

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sreejimunthikodu said:
Nice to hear. In your case, I assume you are experienced, did you have to to clear the confirmatory exam or was it waived off. I read in their website they might wave off the exam requirement if you have a masters from Canada or if you have significant experience.

Thanks
Yes, I had few year of experience and applied in another province. I didn't have Canadian education.
They will do an assesment for your education and will let you know if u need any examination. Every case is different, you cannot predict the decision.
Maybe if you know some one graduated from the same uni. as your case, this maybe an indication.
Anyway, apply and wait for the decision. There is nothing else to be done before applying at this stage.

sreejimunthikodu

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mdotk said:
Yes, I had few year of experience and applied in another province. I didn't have Canadian education.
They will do an assesment for your education and will let you know if u need any examination. Every case is different, you cannot predict the decision.
Maybe if you know some one graduated from the same uni. as your case, this maybe an indication.
Anyway, apply and wait for the decision. There is nothing else to be done before applying at this stage.
Thank you. I hope they waive off my exams :)

sreejimunthikodu

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gimmyle said:
please send the site for applying
http://www.apegs.ca/Portal/Pages/Home-Page

This is for Saskatchewan. Every province has their own regulating body. Kind of weird though!! But you can transfer one membership to the other within a couple of weeks.

sreejimunthikodu

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dupsy21 said:
I am a step behind you. I will submit my application within the next few days and will request an upgrade from WES after submission.

How long were you given to submit your identity proof and resume?
Oh good. Feel free to ping me on whatsup @ 91 8886571722

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
As per my understanding they can waive the exam if you have masters in eng. Or sufficient experience, none of these need to be necessarily in Canada. I might be wrong though as haven't started the process yet.will start next month after doing my landing.

sreejimunthikodu

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
JUST CHILL said:
As per my understanding they can waive the exam if you have masters in eng. Or sufficient experience, none of these need to be necessarily in Canada. I might be wrong though as haven't started the process yet.will start next month after doing my landing.
Yes, you are right. I checked in the APEGS website. It says confirmatory exam may be waved off if you have completed an M.Sc., M.Eng. or Ph.D or you have more than five years of acceptable work experience.

"may"is in bold letters :) So nothing is guaranteed :)

bjeevaraj

Dec 25, 2015
Hi friends, did any of you successfully completed the Licensing process?
I recently applied for APEGS. I am Instrumentation and Control system Engineer, the Self-Assessment form they give is not completely relevant to my degree. Please help me how to fill this?