App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
Passport Req..
16 Jan 2017
Guys I have applied for passport renewal for my wife. Now if i receive ppr before i receive my wife passport then what should I do and how to explain the passport change?

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Waiting Waiting!!!!!!! when is our turn comes ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)after new year cic is not issuing any PPR from any VO.
Lets hope next week guys.
Cheers
Rabin

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
twztedelegance said:
Thanks!

guys, any idea whats the procedure to exchange my SIN for a permanent one, can I do with SIN Card and also get a new permanent health card ? Do i only need COPR for this?

Thanks
What do you mean exchange your SIN? For details on SIN card, check the link below -->

http://settlement.org/ontario/employment/social-insurance-number/your-social-insurance-number-sin/how-do-i-get-a-social-insurance-number-sin/

Yes, I suppose you can get a health card. the rules might vary from province to province. Check this -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/newcomers/after-health.asp

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
rajkamalmohanram said:
What do you mean exchange your SIN? For details on SIN card, check the link below -->

http://settlement.org/ontario/employment/social-insurance-number/your-social-insurance-number-sin/how-do-i-get-a-social-insurance-number-sin/

Yes, I suppose you can get a health card. the rules might vary from province to province. Check this -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/newcomers/after-health.asp
I am currently on work visa with a SIN that starts with 9 and expires in 1 year, i imagine i have to change that to a permanent SIN..i think someone else said you can do that after completing landing using the COPR

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
twztedelegance said:
I am currently on work visa with a SIN that starts with 9 and expires in 1 year, i imagine i have to change that to a permanent SIN..i think someone else said you can do that after completing landing using the COPR
yes, thats correct...you can once you have COPR...you don't need to update Equifax or other credit bureau reporting agencies either...automatically done...just update the SIN change with your current employer and banks and you shall be fine..

health card remains as is

Best wishes!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
madrebuy said:
Guys I have applied for passport renewal for my wife. Now if i receive ppr before i receive my wife passport then what should I do--->ask them for an extension to submit passport explaining the situation (reply back on the same email)

and how to explain the passport change? ---> via CSE when you get your spouses new passport
Best wishes!

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
twztedelegance said:
Thanks!

guys, any idea whats the procedure to exchange my SIN for a permanent one, can I do with SIN Card and also get a new permanent health card ? Do i only need COPR for this?

Thanks
Yes, you need to update after you've landed, you will need stamped/signed CoPR & passport.

SIN:
I went to Service Canada office to update SIN and got new permanent SIN same day I'd landed. An Agent at Service Canada suggested me to update my new SIN to employer & CRA too.

Update new SIN to employer:
you need to update as soon as you get new SIN no.

Update Banks/RRSP/Loan etc: make an appointment and update them, if you have any loan you might get new better rate and banks will need new SIN to report CRA.

Health Card: you need to update because you will get new health card with no expiry date.

Driving License: Optional- you can update if expiry date is closer.

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
jaybe said:
Yes, you need to update after you've landed, you will need stamped/signed CoPR & passport.

SIN:
I went to Service Canada office to update SIN and got new permanent SIN same day I'd landed. An Agent at Service Canada suggested me to update my new SIN to employer & CRA too.

Update new SIN to employer:
you need to update as soon as you get new SIN no.

Update Banks/RRSP/Loan etc: make an appointment and update them, if you have any loan you might get new better rate and banks will need new SIN to report CRA.

Health Card: you need to update because you will get new health card with no expiry date.

Driving License: Optional- you can update if expiry date is closer.
cheers thanks! 8)

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
any tips for flag pole process? should i park on canadian side and walk over the border and inform US border folk i am here for canadian PR landing? then they walk me through it? what documents needed? i will carry passport, COPR, my BOWP visa, work experience proof, paystubs, bank statement, i also have US visitor visa if it matters

do i need photographs?

i am planning to give my friends address to mail the PR card who will courier it to me in India as i want to visit home asap

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
twztedelegance said:
any tips for flag pole process? should i park on canadian side and walk over the border and inform US border folk i am here for canadian PR landing? then they walk me through it? what documents needed? i will carry passport, COPR, my BOWP visa, work experience proof, paystubs, bank statement, i also have US visitor visa if it matters

do i need photographs?

i am planning to give my friends address to mail the PR card who will courier it to me in India as i want to visit home asap
The docs will be good..no need of photographs ..once you goto canadian side rhey will tell you what to do..not a big deal..dont worry so much brother..they ask you some statutory questions and then you both sign the COPR..thats it easy peasy

You can give your friends address..it will be approx 40 days before card comes to your friend..

Congrats and wish you well..

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Today is 214 days still waiting........................but glad to see in other thread that Ottawa is issuing PPR after new year so finger crossed guys,its our turn tomorrow Tuesday the heavy rain for PPR
Cheers
Rabin

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
RabinJi said:
Today is 214 days still waiting........................but glad to see in other thread that Ottawa is issuing PPR after new year so finger crossed guys,its our turn tomorrow Tuesday the heavy rain for PPR
Cheers
Rabin
Best of luck brother!