+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in September Let's Connect here

cavirk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Hi guys, i am other applicant from september still waiting for ppr. Need some help regarding gcms notes.
Aor 3 sept
Fsw inland
Received my gcms notes. First of all the email says some of information qualifies for exemption under sec 16 (1)(c).
Secondly under notes, the whole text for first note has been blocked out.
And under second note it say application ready for finalization, and recommendation passed and its dated jan 15 2016 where as the note which is blocked out is dated jan 27 2016.
Has this happened to anyone else regarding sec 16 or it my unqiue situation.
Thx.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
cavirk said:
Hi guys, i am other applicant from september still waiting for ppr. Need some help regarding gcms notes.
Aor 3 sept
Fsw inland
Received my gcms notes. First of all the email says some of information qualifies for exemption under sec 16 (1)(c).
Secondly under notes, the whole text for first note has been blocked out.
And under second note it say application ready for finalization, and recommendation passed and its dated jan 15 2016 where as the note which is blocked out is dated jan 27 2016.
Has this happened to anyone else regarding sec 16 or it my unqiue situation.
Thx.
I am writing this, but do not let this scare you. This is just for your information.

When you ordered the notes, some of the notes were blocked because Section 16(1)(c) of the Access to Information Act (ATIA).

16(1)(c) of the ATIA states:

16(1)The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains:
(c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

Relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,
that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or
that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation

The first note pertains to concerns with either your job or they are planning to verify your employer. This is the reason why the notes are blocked. Usually applicants who have 16(1)(c) exception, there is an investigation pending. Most likely this is with regard to the job since other documents are verified by WES and other agencies.

Since I am not privy to your notes or your particular situation, I cannot comment much.

However, this does not mean that you are in troubled waters, it simply means that an investigation is pending and after they conclude the investigation your file will be processed depending upon the results.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Musikwala said:
Yes, R10 is cleared according to my gcms.
Your eligibility is not cleared yet.

So I would suggest that you order another set at 5.5 months and see where the file is at. That will determine the future course of action and you will have a clear picture as to what is going on.

ferzana2015

Jan 25, 2015
Hi,

I am new in this forum almost few days back I came to know about this forum and spent some time reading past some posts. Recently (yesterday) I received my GCMS notes and I am inland PNP nominee with AOR Sept.

Could anyone please guide me what things should I look into my GCMS notes as it is very long and lot of information is given so which one is important to focus on ? In advance excuse for asking the same question if it is already asked by someone else.

thanks in advance for elaborative reply

JustCanada

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Manila
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
16 September 2015-IELTS and 02 February 2016 -Bank Records & Payslips
AOR Received.
10 September 2015
Passport Req..
June 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 9, 2016 (To GOD be the glory!)
legalfalcon said:

So I would suggest that you order another set at 5.5 months and see where the file is at. That will determine the future course of action and you will have a clear picture as to what is going on.
Hi Legalfalcon, I'm now on my 7th month and 3 days! AOR Sept.11, BG still not in progress.

Although we've been asked for bank statements last feb2, 2016 and a reply letter stating "still awaiting the results of some in some internal processing prior to the finalization of your application" from CIC on March 22, 2016.

Do you have any guess on when will our BG turn into IP? Will the ordering of GCMS last April 7 help?

Thanks very much!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
JustCanada said:
Hi Legalfalcon, I'm now on my 7th month and 3 days! AOR Sept.11, BG still not in progress.

Although we've been asked for bank statements last feb2, 2016 and a reply letter stating "still awaiting the results of some in some internal processing prior to the finalization of your application" from CIC on March 22, 2016.

Do you have any guess on when will our BG turn into IP? Will the ordering of GCMS last April 7 help?

Thanks very much!
If the email from CIC says "some internal processing prior to the finalization of your application" practically means that your BGC is in progress. There have been cases where applicants have received the PPR without BGC going in progress or just going in progress a day or two before the PPR. Usually the BGC takes 2-3 weeks, at the most a month.

Go ahead and order the GCMS notes, it will force an agent to open your application, and if they results are in, he will update it and you file will proceed.

Stay calm and the email from CIC is a good sign.

JustCanada

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Manila
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
16 September 2015-IELTS and 02 February 2016 -Bank Records & Payslips
AOR Received.
10 September 2015
Passport Req..
June 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 9, 2016 (To GOD be the glory!)
legalfalcon said:
If the email from CIC says "some internal processing prior to the finalization of your application" practically means that your BGC is in progress. There have been cases where applicants have received the PPR without BGC going in progress or just going in progress a day or two before the PPR. Usually the BGC takes 2-3 weeks, at the most a month.

Go ahead and order the GCMS notes, it will force an agent to open your application, and if they results are in, he will update it and you file will proceed.

Stay calm and the email from CIC is a good sign.
Thanks very much Legalfalcon! Helpful as always! +1

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
legalfalcon said:

Isn't R10 same as eligibility?

The text in the notes says something like "I have reviewed this case and I am satisfied that the job duties in the reference letter substantially match most of those in the NOC" and "I am satisfied with the minimum one year of experience demonstrated" or something along those lines. Isn't that eligibility basically?

EDIT: Ohh, is R10 only completeness and not eligibility?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Musikwala said:
Isn't R10 same as eligibility?

The text in the notes says something like "I have reviewed this case and I am satisfied that the job duties in the reference letter substantially match most of those in the NOC" and "I am satisfied with the minimum one year of experience demonstrated" or something along those lines. Isn't that eligibility basically?

EDIT: Ohh, is R10 only completeness and not eligibility?
R10 is the Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations which pertains to completeness. It refers to what documents should be submitted and how. Here is the link to the entire Regulation 10 http://www.laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-3.html#h-6.

After the R10 is complete, the A11.2 analysis starts. This is the section 11 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection act which states:

11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make that application if — at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application — the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were issued the invitation.
Source: http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/page-3.html#h-8

This is the eligibility check for the program under which the applicant applied.

This is done in two steps. First an analyst or a program officer reviews the documents and writes his notes. Then a CIC agent reviews it and writes his notes either approving the analysts notes, adding to those notes, or reaching a different conclusion. In moms cases the analyst review is accepted by the CIC agent. This is how the eligibility is passed or met.

Hope this helps.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
legalfalcon said:
R10 is the Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations which pertains to completeness. It refers to what documents should be submitted and how. Here is the link to the entire Regulation 10 http://www.laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-3.html#h-6.

After the R10 is complete, the A11.2 analysis starts. This is the section 11 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection act which states:

11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make that application if — at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application — the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were issued the invitation.

This is the eligibility check for the program under which the applicant applied.

This is done in two steps. First an analyst or a program officer reviews the documents and writes his notes. Then a CIC agent reviews it and writes his notes either approving the analysts notes, adding to those notes, or reaching a different conclusion. In moms cases the analyst review is accepted by the CIC agent. This is how the eligibility is passed or met.

Hope this helps.
It helps. Thanks. +1

cavirk

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
legalfalcon said:
I am writing this, but do not let this scare you. This is just for your information.

When you ordered the notes, some of the notes were blocked because Section 16(1)(c) of the Access to Information Act (ATIA).

16(1)(c) of the ATIA states:

16(1)The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains:
(c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

Relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,
that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or
that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation

The first note pertains to concerns with either your job or they are planning to verify your employer. This is the reason why the notes are blocked. Usually applicants who have 16(1)(c) exception, there is an investigation pending. Most likely this is with regard to the job since other documents are verified by WES and other agencies.

Since I am not privy to your notes or your particular situation, I cannot comment much.

However, this does not mean that you are in troubled waters, it simply means that an investigation is pending and after they conclude the investigation your file will be processed depending upon the results.
Thx for the information but i am confused as the second notes states thats everything is fine regarding employment and in my recent communications with cic they stated my background check is only thing remaining everything else being done.
Just wondering what they wanna check with my employer as one of my co woker got his pr after applying in nov a month after me.
I guess they might have a personal grudge againt me.. :eek: :eek:

kushalk14

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Feb 2016
AOR Received.
24th feb 2016
HI guys,

I have actually applied in Feb 2016

I just wanted to ask those who have already landed in Canada How is there life shaping up?

are you guys finding any difficulties from the locals or the government in any form?

Are your guys able to find jobs and work smoothly.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
cavirk said:
Thx for the information but i am confused as the second notes states thats everything is fine regarding employment and in my recent communications with cic they stated my background check is only thing remaining everything else being done.
Just wondering what they wanna check with my employer as one of my co woker got his pr after applying in nov a month after me.
I guess they might have a personal grudge againt me.. :eek: :eek:
I have not read your notes. Maybe they might have completed the investigation and found nothing. GCMS notes are usually 30 days old, so on the day you applied, they might have found something and wanted to investigate, which could have resulted in nothing.

Since your BGC is in progress and as per you that is only remaining, you are almost there. In my last post, I only mentioned what section 16 pertains to and guessed that it could be due to your job, as that is what is usually the issue in most cases.

But, since you say, everything is great. Stay calm and hang in there.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
legalfalcon said:

Hope this helps.
In ur notes it should show like this

APPLICATION: 3
Field Name: Eligibility
Action: Updated
Old Value: Recommend Passed
New Value: Passed
Updated Date: 2016/01/29
Updated By: XXXX
Office: CPC-Ottawa

Mine GCMS notes say this. @legalfelcon can confirm on this

ACTIVITY: 9
UGI: XXXXXX
Name: XXXXXX, XXXXX
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: 11.2-EE Ml
Field Name: Status
New Value: Met
Updated Date: 2016/01/29
Updated By: XXXX
Office: Centralized Intake Office

@legalfelcon can confirm on this

Fswsky

Feb 16, 2016
legalfalcon said:
I have not read your notes. Maybe they might have completed the investigation and found nothing. GCMS notes are usually 30 days old, so on the day you applied, they might have found something and wanted to investigate, which could have resulted in nothing.

Since your BGC is in progress and as per you that is only remaining, you are almost there. In my last post, I only mentioned what section 16 pertains to and guessed that it could be due to your job, as that is what is usually the issue in most cases.

But, since you say, everything is great. Stay calm and hang in there.
My application just got approved from CIC account. My passport should be on the way home shortly. Almost stress out.