10-03-2013
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
addy1234 said:
My med will expire in 2017 start so it means I have to land before it. Also my passport expires mid 2017.

Can I renew my passport after getting the visa as everyone know that renewal is easy in home country.

Then can I land with visa on old passport and with also accompanying the new one passport affixed. ???

Pls guide.
yes you can Renew after your Visa is stamped. When you Travel please ensure you bring both, new and Old passports with you' :)

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
addy1234 said:
Today I have submitted my passport to embassy for stamping. Lets see how long it takes 3-4 weeks approx I assume.
What a great news !!! :D It has been really fast !

ssumner81

Apr 16, 2016
England
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa / London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-03-16
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-09-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-16
LANDED..........
29-09-16
I have a question for you all.

I will be working outside the my country of application for a month and a half. Should I notify the CIC of these travels especially as this might be where I am when I hopefully receive my PPR?

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Finally got my GCMS notes after 30 days of waiting,..
I just glanced over the last few pages and here's what I have (117 pages in total)

R10 ok,
Eligibility Met'
Medicals Passed
Criminality Passed
Security Not started

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Same GCMS notes status here. +1 for you :)

Getting stuck in "background check not needed at this time" is the waiting game most people have to play. I saw someone on this forum got stuck in this status for 4 months while some other lucky guys just one or two months. Typically out-land applicants got shorter waiting time since CIC needs to do more security Canadian related security checking for inland applicants.

Rejections post this stage, to my knowledge, were extremely rare. The few unfortunately cases I saw were due to employment letter not convincing (NOC code mis-match, duties different from NOC code listings) or proof of funds unclear (amount on bank statement way greater than salaries).

Hope everyone in this thread receive PPR very soon!

LizzyBob said:
I just glanced over the last few pages and here's what I have (117 pages in total)

R10 ok,
Eligibility Met'
Medicals Passed
Criminality Passed
Security Not started

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
LizzyBob said:

R10 ok,
Eligibility Met'
Medicals Passed
Criminality Passed
Security Not started
Can you please share your elegibilty met date based on Gcms ? , I have identical Aor date March 11 , and identical date for background check not needed on April 20 , gcms notes printed on April 24 showed only R10 ok , and file transfer to Ottawa

Which visa office has your file

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Hey wskamel,

My gcms notes said the last update was on April 21.

In the last a few pages of your GCMS notes, did you see something like "***AGENT REVIEW A11.2*** Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the application: A.11.2 decision: Met"?

As to visa office, my GCMS notes said:
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office
Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa

I think my local VO was Ottawa since I'm inland applicants.

wskamel said:
Can you please share your elegibilty met date based on Gcms ? , I have identical Aor date March 11 , and identical date for background check not needed on April 20 , gcms notes printed on April 24 showed only R10 ok , and file transfer to Ottawa

Which visa office has your file

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
ImmiToCanada said:
Hey wskamel,

My gcms notes said the last update was on April 21.

In the last a few pages of your GCMS notes, did you see something like "***AGENT REVIEW A11.2*** Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the application: A.11.2 decision: Met"?

As to visa office, my GCMS notes said:
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office
Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa

I think my local VO was Ottawa since I'm inland applicants.
Thank you for sharing the information , unfortunately my file was transferred to Ottawa without A11.2 decision , last thing was R10 ok then file transferred
and yes all inland have Ottawa as visa office , in addition to outland living in usa , i am outland PNP

Lahoria

Jan 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03/03/2016
Most FSW Outland March applicants have Background Check in Progress or Not needed as per the worksheet while mine is Not started. Is that a problem? In my case, birthday fell between ITA and E-Apr and CRS could have fallen below cut-off score. When I read the reasons for reduction in CRS after ITA, it was clearly mentioned that birthday after ITA has no affect. What do the experts think? I have ordered GCMS notes about ten days ago.

No Man Left Behind

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
Lahoria said:
Most FSW Outland March applicants have Background Check in Progress or Not needed as per the worksheet while mine is Not started. Is that a problem? In my case, birthday fell between ITA and E-Apr and CRS could have fallen below cut-off score. When I read the reasons for reduction in CRS after ITA, it was clearly mentioned that birthday after ITA has no affect. What do the experts think? I have ordered GCMS notes about ten days ago.
You are correct, reduction in CRS score due to birthday between ITA and e-APR has no impact on the application.

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Hey lahoria, please be 100% assured that age after ITA will not affect your eligibility. The official statements are "When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2."

at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp (the section " Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA")

Lahoria said:

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lahoria said:
Birthdays that fall on or after E-APR have no impact on CRS score. However, if your birthday fall before you submit your application your CRS score will drop by 5 points during the eligibility process.

An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
audrey888 said:
Birthdays that fall on or after E-APR have no impact on CRS score. However, if your birthday fall before you submit your application your CRS score will drop by 5 points during the eligibility process.

An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp
In addition to above post, it should also be noted that the next paragraph exempts from refusal in such cases. So in effect, birthday after ITA which can lower the CRS below the MEC will NOT cause refusal.

"When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2."

jj_g

Jan 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09-03-2016
AOR Received.
06-03-2016
Hi Guys, I got my GCMS and it shows

Assessments
Eligibility: Met
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed

Does this status cover the basics such as Proof of funds?
Appreciate your responses

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Hi jj_g,

Same GCMS notes status here. +1 for you :)

Under the EE eligibility sub-section (should be in the first a few pages), did you notice something like the follows?
FUNDS
Number of Family Members: 1
Minimum Funds: Met
MST Funds Exempt: N

On the other hands, I did see a few VERY LATE rejections due to proof of funds not convincing, including the legendary @Asivad Anac
My personal guess is that at this stage, proof of funds is not thoroughly evaluated. What has been done is a simple comparison between the amount you submitted in your application and the official minimum requirement (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp) At a later stage, an officer may thoroughly check whether the source of funds is sufficient.

jj_g said:
Hi Guys, I got my GCMS and it shows

Assessments
Eligibility: Met
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed

Does this status cover the basics such as Proof of funds?
Appreciate your responses