+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in July, 2015...Guys lets get togeather!!

cvpa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
07-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
29-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
5-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-Feb-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
17-Apr-2016
Congratulations @wolf_metallo and @Miumiu

@Miumiu:
My current CoR is mainland China and somewhere I read PRVO for mainland China is HKVO.
If applications are being processed at LVOs may be mine is as well at Hong Kong.
Could you please share if request letter explicitly asked you to submit your documents at HKVO?

List:
@ajay1989 [07.08]
@desperateCat [07.11]
@dan2thi [07.14]
@naredont [07.18]
@Achievement [07.20]
@lbo1985 [07.21]
@vishalv [07.22]
@wolf_metallo [07.26] [PPR - 01.11]
@pelouseinterdite [07.27]
@Miumiu [07.30] [PPR - 01.11]
@Nashmash [07.30]
@MySky [07.30]

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
cvpa said:
Congratulations @wolf_metallo and @Miumiu

@Miumiu:
My current CoR is mainland China and somewhere I read PRVO for mainland China is HKVO.
If applications are being processed at LVOs may be mine is as well at Hong Kong.
Could you please share if request letter explicitly asked you to submit your documents at HKVO?
Hi im living on mainland China. The ppr email i received required me to send passports and photos to Beijing. Here: "If you reside in the People’s Republic of China, you must submit your package to the Visa Application Centre in Beijing (please note that only the Visa Application Centre in Beijing can be used for Passport Transmission of Permanent Resident applications):..."

cvpa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
07-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
29-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
5-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-Feb-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
17-Apr-2016
Miumiu said:
Hi im living on mainland China. The ppr email i received required me to send passports and photos to Beijing. Here: "If you reside in the People’s Republic of China, you must submit your package to the Visa Application Centre in Beijing (please note that only the Visa Application Centre in Beijing can be used for Passport Transmission of Permanent Resident applications):..."
Thanks Miumiu,
If you are in Beijing, that's great! But if you are in Shanghai, can you submit your PP via vfs Shanghai?
Anything about vfs on email?

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
cvpa said:
Thanks Miumiu,
If you are in Beijing, that's great! But if you are in Shanghai, can you submit your PP via vfs Shanghai?
Anything about vfs on email?
What is vfs? Visa fees?
As i understand, all mainland applicants need to send passports to the Canadian visa center in Beijing to finalize the application. :D

cvpa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
07-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
29-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
5-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-Feb-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
17-Apr-2016
Miumiu said:
What is vfs? Visa fees?
As i understand, all mainland applicants need to send passports to the Canadian visa center in Beijing to finalize the application. :D
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/China/english/index.html

One member (from India) in AUG thread got PPR email which said:

pgupta8 said:
1) Passports
· VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

cvpa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
07-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
29-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
5-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-Feb-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
17-Apr-2016
Miumiu said:
Oh in my ppr email, there is no such a thing mentioned.
Thanks for information....
And Congratulations again!!

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
wolf_metallo said:
Thanks Vishal! Wishing you all the best as well - right around the corner my friend, right there :)

Below is the email I got. Bold and color is my edits to highlight. As can be seen, they have shown my US address, yet ask me to send PP to Delhi.

Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa
Date: January 11, 2016

UCI: xxxxxx
Application: Exxxxx

Name
Address: MY USA Address
Illinois
United States of America

Dear name:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports
• VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

• Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.
• Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
• There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
• We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3) Change in Circumstances
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:
• Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
• Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;
• Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
• Change in health;
• The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;
• A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;
• Change of address or phone number

NOTE: Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission.
Thank you for the pasting the PPR letter. It feels good to see one :)

Best thing you can do now is to change the VO just for you. Here is the following excerpt from CIC regarding changing the local VO

"You must inform CPC-Ottawa immediately by e-mail: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca Please include with your e-mail the evidence that supports the change, such as copies of official certificates or a letter of explanation."

You can attach a letter of explanation explaining that your wife resides in India and she can submit her PP to NDVO but you are residing in US and for you it would be convenient to mail to Ottawa.

This is additional info
SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS : How to Send your Documents to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (CPC-O)
If you and your dependants reside in Canada or the United States, submit all documents by mail in a single package. Quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to one of the following addresses:
Canada Post:
CPC – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9
Courier:
CPC – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

All the best :)

wolf_metallo

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Jul-2015
AOR Received.
26-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
29-Jul-2015
Passport Req..
11-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
May-2016
Miumiu said:
What is vfs? Visa fees?
Don't worry about VFS if it is not mentioned in your email. VFS is a service used typically in India (and some other countries), where they want a middleman / agency to manage the work - maybe due to high volume or due to unreliability of private courier services.

vishalv said:
Best thing you can do now is to change the VO just for you. Here is the following excerpt from CIC regarding changing the local VO

"You must inform CPC-Ottawa immediately by e-mail: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca Please include with your e-mail the evidence that supports the change, such as copies of official certificates or a letter of explanation."

You can attach a letter of explanation explaining that your wife resides in India and she can submit her PP to NDVO but you are residing in US and for you it would be convenient to mail to Ottawa.
Thanks Vishal! I emailed the address you provided yesterday and have already received their response. As you rightly said, they want me to send it to Canada. But now I am faced with couple of concerns:

1. Can we send passports outside of a country border? I used to think it is not legal to do so
2. They want Xpresspost envelopes, which I won't get in USA. I'm thinking UPS / Fedex should work - am I right?
3. Their email had mentioned: "Send passport to Canada, if ALL the applicants are in Canada' (same might apply for USA). - I am going to validate these questions with the CPC-O email ID, but just checking if you know the answers

Thanks again for your response! Hoping to hear good news from you soon :)

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
wolf_metallo said:
Don't worry about VFS if it is not mentioned in your email. VFS is a service used typically in India (and some other countries), where they want a middleman / agency to manage the work - maybe due to high volume or due to unreliability of private courier services.

Thanks Vishal! I emailed the address you provided yesterday and have already received their response. As you rightly said, they want me to send it to Canada. But now I am faced with couple of concerns:

1. Can we send passports outside of a country border? I used to think it is not legal to do so
As per Indian law, it's illegal to send the passport outside the border. To workaround this particular issue, you can send it through Fedex. It's the safest and best way to send your passport.
2. They want Xpresspost envelopes, which I won't get in USA. I'm thinking UPS / Fedex should work - am I right?
As i said earlier, Fedex is best.
3. Their email had mentioned: "Send passport to Canada, if ALL the applicants are in Canada' (same might apply for USA). - I am going to validate these questions with the CPC-O email ID, but just checking if you know the answers
Your situation is slightly different. Since your wife is in India & you are in USA, i think you can explain the situation to CIC. Mostly, they would advise u to send your pp to Canada & your wife's pp to NDVO. This is the most convenient and easiest method for CIC and for yourself.

harshmaru

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Noooooo...dont send the passport across the border..its illegal. and is clearly mentioned on your passport back page as well. ..(indian passport)

and its an international law

pelouseinterdite

Nov 9, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-07-15
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
cvpa said:
List:
@ajay1989 [07.08]
@desperateCat [07.11]
@dan2thi [07.14]
@naredont [07.18]
@Achievement [07.20]
@lbo1985 [07.21]
@vishalv [07.22]
@wolf_metallo [07.26] [PPR - 01.11]
@pelouseinterdite [07.27]
@Miumiu [07.30] [PPR - 01.11]
@Nashmash [07.30]
@MySky [07.30]
ajay1989 and desperateCat, you guys have passed the 6-month mark. have you contacted cic for information on your applications?

PR_Can_IMM

Aug 5, 2015
This may be my last post to this topic... my application has been approved and expecting express post activate today... I am july applicant, received PPR on 24th and passport received by CIC on 30th Dec and today my status changed to approved.... Hopefully everyone in the forum get their PR and have joyful life in canada... ALL the BEST!!!!! :) :) :)

my status in CIC....

pplication/profile status: Closed
Review of eligibility: Passed
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: Provided
Scheduling an interview: -------
A background check is needed: Complete
Final decision: This application has been approved

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
Congrats to all those who have received PPR request / got return mail tracker activated. Have fun :D :D :D

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
wolf_metallo said:

If you request, Cpc Ottawa will change your vo to Newyork Visa office , lot of Indians had done it . This is the safest way to avoide future legal issues in Indian airports .