+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hey, thanks for a prompt response!
So what does IP2 mean? Are there any more checkpoints between IP2 and PPR?
IP2 is "in progress 2" and usually people get PPR soon after this stage. exception is or people who get stuck in security....like myself ...and the reasons for delay could relate to travel history, country of origin, etc

so yeah there is only one "checkpoint" between IP2 and PPR....but only time will tell who gets faster through it

Reactions: usman_14pk

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
IP2 is "in progress 2" and usually people get PPR soon after this stage. exception is or people who get stuck in security....like myself ...and the reasons for delay could relate to travel history, country of origin, etc

so yeah there is only one "checkpoint" between IP2 and PPR....but only time will tell who gets faster through it
Thanks !!

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Come on Feb guys, let's keep this thread alive.

We know the CIC is day-dreaming of welcoming 1 million immigrants in 10 years with a monolithic process but we need to keep our spirits up...it's our life and career on the line here...make some noise

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Guys got my PPR!! Brruahh!!

Here is my timeline:
Visa office: Ottawa
FSW-inland

AOR: 3rd Feb
Meds passed: 9th March
NA - IP1 9th March
IP1 - NA 11th March
NA - IP2 19th May
PPR 19th June

I called CIC countless times and each time they informed me all the checks were done and my application is approved but I will just have to wait for PPR.

Feb up with the whole process I emailed ottawa visa office on 15th June and I got PPR on 19th June (2 working days).

The interesting thing is that CIC sent me an email notification asking me to check myCIC account and the PPR is actually in myCIC account. Ottawa visa office usually email the PPR's but I think they might have changed their whole process now.

***My star advice to anyone who is waiting for a PPR with an APPROVED application is to email the visa office which will trigger PPR within 2 working days. Had I known this I would have got PPR a month ago***

All the very best to everyone on this long journey. Just remember CANADA NEEDS YOU!

Anyone wanna meet in down town Toronto for drinks please inbox me xxx

Hi,

What did you email them??

Reactions: Mthornt

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
I have just received PPR and now I am asked to submit the passports and photos. Principal applicant was in New Zealand, therefore, the file was transferred to Sydney case processing office (Australia). However, principal applicant is in Pakistan right now. The letter says that passports are to be submitted to Sydney, Australia. Since you can't send passports through courier/mail from Pakistan (some weird law) so I am unable to send the passports to Sydney (Australia) through courier/mail. What should I do now?

As a first step, I have send an email to Sydney office telling them about the situation and about the change of address and requested to guide me for the next steps to coordinate with Canadian High Commission in Pakistan for passports stamping (because passports can't be mailed from Pakistan)

Any other suggestions?

usman.sandhu

Aug 8, 2017
Hi All

I received my GCMS notes, stating

Eligibility : Passed
Security :
HIRV :
Criminality :
Passed
Org Crime :
Medicals : Passed
Misrepresentation :
Other reqs:
Final :

My status on my profile is as follows,

Application status : We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Medical : Passed
Review of additional documents : We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will let you know if this changes.
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I was asked for certain additional documents in August 2017, which I submitted in August 2017 (before the date required). These included details of my old passports, copy of letter of UK visa refusal (I was refused a visit visa to UK in Jan 2017 - I had clearly stated this in my application) and whether I had ever applied for a US visa (which I never have). I never received any further requests for additional documents after this.

Also important to note is that I had informed Canadian Immigration that I was expecting a new addition to the family by November 2017. My baby arrived this month and I am processing her paperwork (birth certificates, ID card, passport and visa as I reside in Dubai and need a residence visa here).

My AOR is 28-Feb-2018 and I am worried that my application is stuck. I understand that even if I do get an approval, I shall have to land before my medical expires (which is in early March 2018).

Can someone please help me out by telling me what my status is and what seems to be the delay.

Hrnchir

Apr 28, 2017
Hi.
I don't want to guess about your particular case, but I can tell you mine and let you make conclusions.
So, My AOR is February 11 FSW inland. in August I've received my GCMS notes and one of the notes said "July 25 - RFV-letter sent in a batch"
I've called CIC and asked what does it mean and they told me that it means that passport request has been sent to me. However, nothing arrived - not in MyCIC, nor to email. Since then and up until mid-November my representative and I called them, sent them e-mails and official letters almost every day saying that nothing has arrived. CIC insisted they have sent PPR (several times by mid-November). November 12 passport request has finally arrived and since then my status looks exactly like yours - it is saying "we need more documents from you". I've sent my passport to Ottawa - it's been sitting there for a month already and the status is the same.

Therefore there might be a chance that your ppr is on its way. Also, there might be a chance that it got stuck somewhere because apparently, their system is full of bugs. What to do with it - honestly, I don't know.

Hi All

I received my GCMS notes, stating

Eligibility : Passed
Security :
HIRV :
Criminality :
Passed
Org Crime :
Medicals :
Passed
Misrepresentation :
Other reqs:
Final :

My status on my profile is as follows,

Application status : We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Medical : Passed
Review of additional documents : We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will let you know if this changes.
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I was asked for certain additional documents in August 2017, which I submitted in August 2017 (before the date required). These included details of my old passports, copy of letter of UK visa refusal (I was refused a visit visa to UK in Jan 2017 - I had clearly stated this in my application) and whether I had ever applied for a US visa (which I never have). I never received any further requests for additional documents after this.

Also important to note is that I had informed Canadian Immigration that I was expecting a new addition to the family by November 2017. My baby arrived this month and I am processing her paperwork (birth certificates, ID card, passport and visa as I reside in Dubai and need a residence visa here).

My AOR is 28-Feb-2018 and I am worried that my application is stuck. I understand that even if I do get an approval, I shall have to land before my medical expires (which is in early March 2018).

Can someone please help me out by telling me what my status is and what seems to be the delay.