+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

tastebuds

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
I got this email today with subject :Confirmation of Permanent Resident Status Appointment

They asked me to bring all of my immigration documents, including 2 photographs.

Is this an landing interview, as I am inland PNP applicant or this is for more verification checks?

Please share your insights guys. Any info is more appreciated. Thanks all in advance

I was going through other forums there were few people telling its an landing interview nothing to worry, but I am not sure though

If nobody knows any info about this I will be the first one to go through a process like this. i can share my insights once I finished my interview in September

AJP1

Jun 10, 2017
I have a question regarding some further documents I have received from my local constabulary. I was arrested when I was younger 2005 for criminal damage to a vehicle I didn't actually do the act. No charges were pressed. Yet the police report has this

"Criminal damage - to vehicle

Confirmed - yes"

I'm pretty uncertain of what I should do. If I submit this will my application be turned down? If I don't submit it I know for sure that it will.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
I got this email today with subject :Confirmation of Permanent Resident Status Appointment

They asked me to bring all of my immigration documents, including 2 photographs.

Is this an landing interview, as I am inland PNP applicant or this is for more verification checks?

Please share your insights guys. Any info is more appreciated. Thanks all in advance

I was going through other forums there were few people telling its an landing interview nothing to worry, but I am not sure though

If nobody knows any info about this I will be the first one to go through a process like this. i can share my insights once I finished my interview in September
Even I feel this is the landing interview otherwise it won't say COPR appt. You should be happy that stamping time got saved and will hopefully land too saving all the trouble and time. I hope I am not wrong. All the best :)

Last edited:

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
I feel terrible, today I called CIC and the agent told me again security is under review and when I asked her what agency is working on my security? She said usually CBSA! She wasn't sure but what does this mean? Is my application under security screening which may take months or even years!

megrav

Apr 18, 2016
Hey @rg74

My BG changed from NA to IP2 yesterday.
What exactly do they check in this stage?
Will they call my college to verify my educational certificates or will they call my employer to verify work related documents?

ameydixit

Apr 7, 2016
Hi, good to know your application is moving along the queue. Are you in Canada or outside? If outside how did you find out which is your local VO?
thanks
Hi Folks..
Just wanted to share I got my BG changed from NA to Processing...
AOR - 20th Feb
Category - PNP Nova Scotia
Visa Office - New Delhi (basis confirmation from call centre agent)

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
I feel terrible, today I called CIC and the agent told me again security is under review and when I asked her what agency is working on my security? She said usually CBSA! She wasn't sure but what does this mean? Is my application under security screening which may take months or even years!
Only notes can give clarity. I would not go by what an agent tells over phone only.

Reactions: Hanan22

Superman18

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
PNP outland
India
Feb 17aor
BG change- we are processing your BC earlier it was not applicable

When it changed no idea, yesterday I I asked my lawyer to share the status..She did.

usman.sandhu

Aug 8, 2017
Hi Everyone..

So CIC came back with 3 queries,

1. Please submit details of all passports (past and current) issued to you.
2. Please submit a copy of the refusal letter (I was once refused a UK visit visa in the past).
3. We understand that you had also applied for a US visa in the past. Please clarify. (I have never applied for a US visa).

What does this mean? What are they trying to assess?

I would appreciate some clarification on this.

Thanks.

ash08

Jun 1, 2017
Hi, good to know your application is moving along the queue. Are you in Canada or outside? If outside how did you find out which is your local VO?
thanks

Hi..
I am in India. I called to the call center and they informed my application is now in Delhi. I called them last thursday.. it is really difficult to connect with them.. have to wait long/dial multiple times..

Thanks..

admr0710

Jul 11, 2017
Hi..
I am in India. I called to the call center and they informed my application is now in Delhi. I called them last thursday.. it is really difficult to connect with them.. have to wait long/dial multiple times..

Thanks..

how did you contact the call centre? can you share the number here please? Because I thought you can only contact them if youre inside canada, which you arent.