+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

Ady0329

Star Member
May 23, 2016
196 days since AOR!!! No news at all from NDVO :mad:.Raising CSE, GCMS notes etc etc nothing helps!!! Will celebrate 200 days as well I guess.

FEYA

Apr 21, 2016
App. Filed.......
04-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
Hi All,

So update from my end - Contacted Ottawa about 3 weeks ago and they told me that my VO is Nairobi. So, I decided to send them a status update request as my 6months have passed, the following is the reply I got :Kindly note that your application is at the preliminary stage of officer review. You will be notified on the next steps once the review process is completed.

My question is -How can It be at an early stage? which review is this ? Is this BC check?

Regards,
Feya

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Thanks, I think it would be New Delhi in India. Not sure though.

I think CIC should update the website which shows this status like IP1, IP2 rather than just IP. This would be a really good help.
Not really. Those status are just what people assume on this forum. Mine only went into In Progress when I received PPR. It never followed the patterns as mentioned mostly on this thread which I have been following since February.

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Not really. Those status are just what people assume on this forum. Mine only went into In Progress when I received PPR. It never followed the patterns as mentioned mostly on this thread which I have been following since February.
that's worrying thing. I Thought my case is now in IP2 and then I could soon expect the PPR. seems like it's a long road ahead and no one is sure how exactly this thing works.

I think it depends on the person who is handling this file. However, I still believe that CIC website lack information when it comes to checking status. people have spent a hell lot of money and again to get detail status they need to order GCMC notes.

Hope in near future they will upgrade the site to show better status.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
that's worrying thing. I Thought my case is now in IP2 and then I could soon expect the PPR. seems like it's a long road ahead and no one is sure how exactly this thing works.

I think it depends on the person who is handling this file. However, I still believe that CIC website lack information when it comes to checking status. people have spent a hell lot of money and again to get detail status they need to order GCMC notes.

Hope in near future they will upgrade the site to show better status.
Definitely agree with you about the lack of progress status on their website. For sure I used to be stressed out as I am an early Feb Aor, but to be honest, you'll get an email whenever there's an action needed, for example PPR. So, worrying and calling CIC won't help. Just relax and do something else.

Not sure why people are calling and requesting GCMS. It's a waste of time and money cause even if you get to know where your application is at, there's still nothing you can do about it until they have approved your application and requested your passport for PR. And in case of rejection, you'll still get notified if this happens. Don't get me wrong, I do understand how it feels like to wait and not seeing any progress. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself not to stress too much about it and avoid checking my CIC account everyday. In the last few days before I got PPR, I actually stopped checking the forum and CIC's account. It served me well cause then I did receive an email about PPR.

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Definitely agree with you about the lack of progress status on their website. For sure I used to be stressed out as I am an early Feb Aor, but to be honest, you'll get an email whenever there's an action needed, for example PPR. So, worrying and calling CIC won't help. Just relax and do something else.

Not sure why people are calling and requesting GCMS. It's a waste of time and money cause even if you get to know where your application is at, there's still nothing you can do about it until they have approved your application and requested your passport for PR. And in case of rejection, you'll still get notified if this happens. Don't get me wrong, I do understand how it feels like to wait and not seeing any progress. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself not to stress too much about it and avoid checking my CIC account everyday. In the last few days before I got PPR, I actually stopped checking the forum and CIC's account. It served me well cause then I did receive an email about PPR.
correct, no meaning of ordering GCMC notes, until you have to wait too long ( more than 7-8) months. As normal processing time is 6 month and they have already mentioned on the website that they have got a huge pile of files to process this time as compared to last.

I am about to complete 180 days in the week and so became active on this forum again to check how to read the status they are showing. The good thing is in this month status is changing, so at least someone is working on my file, which is a good sign.

for me, actual worrying will happen once I will get PPR as I am the secondary applicant and so I will have to move with my family to Canada without a job. Until then I relaxed. :)