+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
So it's been 191 days now. Should I apply for GCMS notes? Or is there any other way to contact CIC to inquire about the status?

demo213

Jun 9, 2017
Wise words. Very true!

I'm above 180 days already and still waiting so I fully understand the feeling but seriously, you can't do nothing about it.

I also stopped checking my CIC account everyday. If they want something I'm sure to get a mail. Its that simple.

Definitely agree with you about the lack of progress status on their website. For sure I used to be stressed out as I am an early Feb Aor, but to be honest, you'll get an email whenever there's an action needed, for example PPR. So, worrying and calling CIC won't help. Just relax and do something else.

Not sure why people are calling and requesting GCMS. It's a waste of time and money cause even if you get to know where your application is at, there's still nothing you can do about it until they have approved your application and requested your passport for PR. And in case of rejection, you'll still get notified if this happens. Don't get me wrong, I do understand how it feels like to wait and not seeing any progress. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself not to stress too much about it and avoid checking my CIC account everyday. In the last few days before I got PPR, I actually stopped checking the forum and CIC's account. It served me well cause then I did receive an email about PPR.

Reactions: TLOU

tastebuds

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
I got both PPR and COPR appointment email on Friday, I am just confused now.

Usually after sending out passport, then we have to book appointment or we will go to border and do landing.

As they gave me 2 weeks time for my landing interview. I don't think I will get my passport back, just thinking what the best thing to do. Any suggestions mates?

Last edited:

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Wise words. Very true!

I'm above 180 days already and still waiting so I fully understand the feeling but seriously, you can't do nothing about it.

I also stopped checking my CIC account everyday. If they want something I'm sure to get a mail. Its that simple.
While I agree with what you have said, I still think checking your account will be a good one.
In my case, as I was getting close to 6 months, I raised a CSE and got an update from 1P1-NA on Aug 8 then NA-1P2 on Aug 11. I would have missed this update if I wasn't checking daily. The benefit? After seeing 1P2, I called the next day and was told my application has been approved but might not get the mail until Jan 2018!
I explained to the lady my study permit already expired and got the mail the same day. I didn't get any email notification in my cic althrough this time.
So please, try to check your account at least every day.
As per GCMS notes, CIC call agents have told me three times now that when GCMS notes is ordered your file is put on hold! They said I caused my delay cos I ordered three times. I stopped doing GCMS after hearing that. While I do not believe the hypothesis, I agree that GCMS can be a waste of money!
But I habe seen people benefit from it though. A friend saw that the case analyst had problems with his not-so-detailed job duties on his GCMS. He was able to get a detailed letter and raised a CSE to attach the letter.

I guess it's easier said than done for those whose PPR have been approved.
I wish those waiting all the best!

Reactions: rg74 and demo213

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
I got both PPR and COPR appointment email on Friday, I am just confused now.

Usually after sending out passport, then we have to book appointment or we will go to border and do landing.

As they gave me 2 weeks time for my landing interview. I don't think I will get my passport back, just thinking what the best thing to do. Any suggestions mates?
Please Call them and double check that the interview mail was deliberate and not a glitch.
A friend of mine in May, got the appointment mail first, but called and realized it was a mistake. They told her to disregard the mail and sent her PPR mail eventually.
So call to clarify.

Reactions: tastebuds

tastebuds

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Please Call them and double check that the interview mail was deliberate and not a glitch.
A friend of mine in May, got the appointment mail first, but called and realized it was a mistake. They told her to disregard the mail and sent her PPR mail eventually.
So call to clarify.
ok thank you.

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
how to check what would be the location for PPR, do they mentioned in the email. I have changed the location (moved out of the country).

is it possible to change the location of submitting passport after I get PPR?

Ontario3924

Oct 4, 2016
@Ady0329 : good to hear the change in status of your BC. Can you kindly share what time the BC changed to IP2? Also did you get a message in your CIC account or a mail confirming the same ?

Ady0329

Star Member
May 23, 2016
@Ady0329 : good to hear the change in status of your BC. Can you kindly share what time the BC changed to IP2? Also did you get a message in your CIC account or a mail confirming the same ?
The only way to figure out if it's changed is by checking your cic account...so not sure of the time!!

Ca2022

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
I got a request today for Schedule A specifying personal history and addresses from the age of 18. Is it weird?

AOR Feb 28 PNP-O NA2 VO-Hong Kong