+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

Sapsan

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Don't go anywhere fifty miles beyond your hometown, don't study any hi-tech or foreign affairs related college majors, stick with your first job in a local family enterprise since graduation, be an entry-level programmer/accountant/clergy all your life, then your file will be crystal clear and you'll submerge and propel like a torpedo:p
yeah, and don't talk to neighbors, they may grow up and join bad guys, eventually reflecting in your security check :)
Best option is to settle on forsaken island with internet connectivity to "work from home" to avoid world problems :)

Reactions: wyzdr and mamgain

mamgain

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
I feel truly enlightened by the last few comments on dos and donts to expedite our process....hope someone can benefit down the line

Mokhtar.tb

May 12, 2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Hi there, I don't see a lot of FSWO applicants posting much on this forum anymore... did most of you guys get your PPR?!
I'm getting a little worried, I'm FSWO, 149 days since AOR, my BG changed to IP2 two weeks ago exactly, but nothing ever since... does anyone have an advice on whether I should contact CIC or just wait a little longer?! There's still one month for the 6 month period to end, but I can see that most people got their PPR before that so I'm a bit anxious..!!

wyzdr

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
yeah, and don't talk to neighbors, they may grow up and join bad guys, eventually reflecting in your security check :)
Best option is to settle on forsaken island with internet connectivity to "work from home" to avoid world problems :)
Exactly, I must give a point to the neighbor part. This is no joke. In my country, we have many cases where somebody graduate from a top-notch foreign language school and tumble into security pitfall, the reason? Many of his/her alumni are diplomats!

we are living in quite a different world, we've been taught to study hard, travel a lot, be a global citizen, strive to be elite, but these chicken soup for the soul turn out to be poisonous and they eventually backfire?

Reactions: olak131 and mamgain

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
I saw lot of post saying if any of FSW or CEC are without PPR from FEB AOR. There are many who are still waiting final decision.

Here is a screenshot of FEB AOR status

Total FEB AOR PPR so far (out of 635) - 360 (57%)

CEC PPR(out of 256) - 202 (79%)

FSW-O PPR( out of 213) - 126 (59%)

FSW-Inland PPR( out of 34) - 25 (74%)

PNP PPR (out of 132) - 7 (5%)

So there are many who still are awaiting final decision. All the best everyone :)

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
I saw lot of post saying if any of FSW or CEC are without PPR from FEB AOR. There are many who are still waiting final decision.

Here is a screenshot of FEB AOR status

Total FEB AOR PPR so far (out of 635) - 360 (57%)

CEC PPR(out of 256) - 202 (79%)

FSW-O PPR( out of 213) - 126 (59%)

FSW-Inland PPR( out of 34) - 25 (74%)

PNP PPR (out of 132) - 7 (5%)

So there are many who still are awaiting final decision. All the best everyone :)
I am sure visa offices will also be having such trackers. If I were one of them and will see that so much work is pending, I will wonder where to start. Hence, not able to proceed at a decent place.

And these are sample numbers. With 14.5k invites given in Dec-Jan, even assuming 20% submitted in Feb'17 it would have been 3k applications submitted.

Reactions: mamgain

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
I am sure visa offices will also be having such trackers. If I were one of them and will see that so much work is pending, I will wonder where to start. Hence, not able to proceed at a decent place.

And these are sample numbers. With 14.5k invites given in Dec-Jan, even assuming 20% submitted in Feb'17 it would have been 3k applications submitted.
Yes, that's true. This a very small sample but its can be used to study the trend and predict how your case will unfold in most of the cases. But there are always exception cases like mine and many others :)

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
Don't go anywhere fifty miles beyond your hometown, don't study any hi-tech or foreign affairs related college majors, stick with your first job in a local family enterprise since graduation, be an entry-level programmer/accountant/clergy all your life, then your file will be crystal clear and you'll submerge and propel like a torpedo:p
Do you know I am beginning to believe this? I have always thought I had a strong application cos of my profession here in Canada, a lot of my friends from home are yet to be licenced here and they have all gotten their PR except me! Their applications moved way faster too and I thought about this hypothesis actually.

Reactions: mamgain

wyzdr

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Do you know I am beginning to believe this? I have always thought I had a strong application cos of my profession here in Canada, a lot of my friends from home are yet to be licenced here and they have all gotten their PR except me! Their applications moved way faster too and I thought about this hypothesis actually.
But don't you qualify for CEC? Canadian experience class is the fastest.

imarri01

Jun 3, 2017
Category........
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
Hi there, I don't see a lot of FSWO applicants posting much on this forum anymore... did most of you guys get your PPR?!
I'm getting a little worried, I'm FSWO, 149 days since AOR, my BG changed to IP2 two weeks ago exactly, but nothing ever since... does anyone have an advice on whether I should contact CIC or just wait a little longer?! There's still one month for the 6 month period to end, but I can see that most people got their PPR before that so I'm a bit anxious..!!
I've been at IP2 for about a week now, fingers crossed PPR works out for us soon. AOR-Feb 11, so a couple more weeks to go before the 6 months mark.

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
I booked a car from Toronto airport. Will land soon. But I have a valid Indian driving license, expired US license with with clean US driving record. My question is: will they allow me to take the rented car?
Thanks

alishanpwc

Star Member
Dec 24, 2015
Lahore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Sad to know that your application stuck in IP2 from long. What they means when they says "requires additional verification" what type of verification you are expecting.
Secondly, do you have travel history and if you don't mind can you tell us that you have dependants in your application or not?

We pray that your get PPR email in this week.
On my GCMS notes, "Security Screening" was mentioned so this is additional security verification.
I have traveled to countries like UAE,China, Singapore & Thailand
I am single applicant