+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

JattTinka

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to share my landing experience with all of you.

Me and my wife went to a land border to complete the landing process.
Going out of Canada towards US
We got out of Canada and went towards the US checkpost. The official asked for our purpose of visit, to which we said we just want to Flagpole back to Canada in order to complete our landing process. The official asked to park the car in the parking lot beside the building and come inside and wait. Once we were in the building, they gave us a white piece of paper within 10 minutes. Then they made us take a u-turn towards Canada.

Coming back into Canada
On the Canadian side, the official at the checkpost asked us for purpose of visit. We told him that we are here to complete our landing process. He gave us a yellow piece of paper. He asked us to park our car and come inside the building. Once we were inside, we took a number for our turn and waited for the number to get called out. Once our turn came, the official asked for our Passports, CoPR letters, the white paper we got from US side and the yellow paper. She also asked us to give her all our permits such as study/work (even expired ones). She asked us whether we have any criminal history and also asked whether we have any other dependents who have not been listed on CoPR. Then she asked us to wait while she completed the process. After 5-10 minutes, we were called again. Me and my wife signed the CoPR letter and then the official signed the same. Congratulated us on becoming new permanent residents.

And that is how we completed our landing process. No issues at all.

I just want to mention that on my CoPR, last date of entry was wrong and on my wife's CoPR they didn't mention original and last date of entry. We pointed it out to the official and she said that is not a problem as IRCC already has dates in their system as well as our passports have date stamps showing entry dates.

She didn't ask for any additional documents but it is a good idea to carry all your documents with you in case they want to see them.

Documents we took with us
  • Passports (cancelled and valid ones)
  • CoPR letter
  • Employments letter
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Birth Certificate
  • Address Proof
  • Bank Statements
  • All the permits, study/work (even the expired ones).
Congrats for becoming PR and Thank you for sharing your experience.

Did they ask for any bank statements? Or anything related to funds?
My job title has changed now, Is this okay if I take my latest job letter there with my new position?
Stupid question - What is a CoPR letter?
Also, I don't have married status on my passport but my wife does. Any issues there?
Thank you.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Very quite Monday morning indeed. Congrats to all who received updates during the weekend.

Hoping for PPR rain today ...all the best everyone :)

ashutosh_pant

Jan 16, 2017
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
is PPR rain expected today?... its so quiet...

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats for becoming PR and Thank you for sharing your experience.

Did they ask for any bank statements? Or anything related to funds? No, they didn't ask anything related to funds. Although, I did took bank statements but never mentioned it to the official.
My job title has changed now, Is this okay if I take my latest job letter there with my new position? Yes, you can take your latest job letter as well as previous job letter. Again, the official didn't ask for it.
Stupid question - What is a CoPR letter? Confirmation of Permanent Residency, you will get this letter for yourself and each accompanying member(if any) when you get your passports back from CIC.
Also, I don't have married status on my passport but my wife does. Any issues there? I don't think so, however, to be safe, just take your marriage certificate with you
Thank you.
Answers inline in Red

Reactions: JattTinka and Can77

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
I have a question for those that have received PPRs. If you are not in your home country or traveling for work when you receive PPR, is there an option to delay sending the passport or sending it to an Embassy/Consulate in another country?

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
I have a question for those that have received PPRs. If you are not in your home country or traveling for work when you receive PPR, is there an option to delay sending the passport or sending it to an Embassy/Consulate in another country?
You can send an email to either ask for extension for submitting passport for CoPR or can request a change of VO (VO can be changed in few conditions only)
I hope it helps.

Reactions: Lyon37

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.