+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

maros

Jun 5, 2017
Hi, does anybody know how long does it take to get COPR? I am from visa exempt country and I am already in Canada, but my current work permit will end soon (two weeks).

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Hi, does anybody know how long does it take to get COPR? I am from visa exempt country and I am already in Canada, but my current work permit will end soon (two weeks).
Have you gotten PPR yet? From what I've seen it takes roughly two weeks after mailing off documents requested in the PPR.

maros

Jun 5, 2017
Have you gotten PPR yet? From what I've seen it takes roughly two weeks after mailing off documents requested in the PPR.
Yeah. I received my golden ticket last week. The documents were delivered to CIC today. The thing is that I don't know if I can continue working.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Yeah. I received my golden ticket last week. The documents were delivered to CIC today. The thing is that I don't know if I can continue working.

If it was delivered today, you should have it back before two weeks has passed. I think you'll be good to go.

kATIE99

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Well, that is to say, cic checks cec applicants first, and then pnp applicants.
Therefore, feb pnp applicants have to wait at lease another 1 month to get ppr, correct?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Well, that is to say, cic checks cec applicants first, and then pnp applicants.
Therefore, feb pnp applicants have to wait at lease another 1 month to get ppr, correct?

It seems to go, CEC then FSW then PNP. Not sure how inland vs. outland factors in though.

ashutosh_pant

Jan 16, 2017
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi,
I am FSW-O with AOR 20th Feb and 105 days into AOR. My application went IP2 on Saturday. Today, I emailed cic to find where my file is and they replied that it is still at CPC Ottawa. So does that mean it will be finalised in Ottawa itself?

ashutosh_pant

Jan 16, 2017
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Also one more thing, when it was NA they replied that file requires additional verifications and is outside their control. This time when it's IP2, they replied that no additional info, docs or anything is required.

Lyon37

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
When Background Check goes from Not Needed -> Not Started --> Not Applicable --> In Progress... at this IP stage, are they still reviewing basic eligibility, i.e. looking at employment letters, etc. or is this just checking PCCs? Also is this considered IP1 or IP2 for FSW-O?