+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in April 2017 - Let's Connect Here!

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I just applied filters on March immitracker and 15 people(FSW-O ) whose counrtry of residence is not Canada or US have their cisa office as Ottawa.

12 Indians 1 UAE 1 Nigeria 1 Pakistan
That's even better, reassuring. I mentioned only who got PPRs, i don't exactly remember the number though.
Also- 2 people I know personally as we are using the same (useless:p) immigration lawyer.

Hopeoflife

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Its a glitch in the system after June 6 upgrade. Mine also says the same . They have not fixed the issue till now.

Just to be sure also check your spam and promotion folders.
Thanks for your reply. I also check my inbox and spam folder, and there is no email from CIC. Should I email them and ask?

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
That's even better, reassuring. I mentioned only who got PPRs, i don't exactly remember the number though.
Also- 2 people I know personally as we are using the same (useless:p) immigration lawyer.
I applied filters with Current status as PPR Stream FSW-O Visa Office Ottawa. That gave 15 results

Reactions: KiranK

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
Thanks for your reply. I also checky inbox and spam folder, and there is no email from CIC. Should I email them and ask?
If you have no msg in your applicaion for additional document and no email , you should be fine.

Skyler68

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
01-08-2017
Passport Req..
09-11-2017
Wow! This is a tricky one. Not sure but I think it's IP2. Only time will tell I guess :)

Help me out here so i can update the tracker accordingly.

1. Meds Passed 23.06
2. BGC immediately went to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your BGC"
3. On 24.06 BGC went to "We are processing your BGC. We will send you a message if we need more information"

So No. 2 was IP1
Is No. 3 IPI or IP2? This is what i need to know so i can update the tracker and know my progress.

Not sure if it went to NA between No. 2 and No. 3

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: Aaz

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
in last 3 months! holy crow! that's huge. i need my eyes tested i guess:eek:.
For Feb we have 22-23 in total . 15 India and 7 other nationalities(not US and Canada of course.)

Reactions: KiranK

rupinder2k17

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Patiala, Punjab
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
Doc's Request.
18-07-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2017
Hello Everyone,

Can somebody please share what AOR - APR actually means?? If it means "Acknowledgement of Receipt - Application for Permanent Residence", then surely i have received it. But as I have not heard of this abbreviation before, so it had me confused.

Also, what next? What is CIC going to do with our application, what are the processing times etc etc. There are so many questions in my mind now.

Please advise.

Thanks

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
Read this thread quickly from the beginning . All your questions will be answered.
Hello Everyone,

Can somebody please share what AOR - APR actually means?? If it means "Acknowledgement of Receipt - Application for Permanent Residence", then surely i have received it. But as I have not heard of this abbreviation before, so it had me confused.

Also, what next? What is CIC going to do with our application, what are the processing times etc etc. There are so many questions in my mind now.

Please advise.

Thanks

Read this thread quickly from the beginning . All your questions will be answered.

Reactions: astralsource

arkhan433

Feb 8, 2017
Hello guys,
I am in need of your help badly again.
i got additional documents request in which states,

1)Release of Information IMM5475: A signed and completed Authority to Release Personal
Information to a Designated Individual form (IMM5475) bearing original signatures

I never designated anyone as my representative etc though. now i have no idea what to do about it and i have to file it within two days. If someone could please please please help me with sections3, 5 and 6 of this form? is it possible to designate my spouse (She is my dependent in this application).

2) Travel History: Proof of travel history

I already had given them my travel history when i submitted my post ITA application.
Do i have to give them same travel history again? do you guys think it is a good idea to fill up the form and scan my whole passport and attache it with this submission?

Please help!!!

Acetin

May 1, 2017
As far as i remember 4 (from India) in last 3 months. I know one of them personally, so that candidate was requested to send passport to ottawa only, but then he requested CIC to change it to NDVO, as there is option to send it your nearest VO. It was changed and he sent to new delhi. So you will be fine IMO.
Hi All,
I am FSW-O from India. My AOR is 28-Apr. Med passed 22-Jun. Same day BG status changed to in process. then next day NA. I assume it was IP1 to NA. So next status shall be IP2. Hope I am getting it correct !!

Being hopeful for PPR (fingers crossed), could you and other members please throw some light about PPR. I tried searching a thread on this topic but couldn't find much. Please share the link if one is existing.

Q1. Would CIC tell us where to send passport?
Q2. If they ask to send passport to Ottawa or anywhere outside country of current residence (India in this case), how does one send them?
Q3. Do we send all new and old PP?
Q4. How to request for change of VO as suggested in this post? And how much time it takes?
Q5. I applied with my daughter's old passport, later got it renewed. Have raised CSE to update her passport this week. When would this information be updated in my application? And how would I know that? Does this pose any issue during PPR?

Apologies if it appear too long a list. But with expertise of forum members and their ability to guide precisely, thought of putting all Q together.
Thanks

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi All,
I am FSW-O from India. My AOR is 28-Apr. Med passed 22-Jun. Same day BG status changed to in process. then next day NA. I assume it was IP1 to NA. So next status shall be IP2. Hope I am getting it correct !!

Being hopeful for PPR (fingers crossed), could you and other members please throw some light about PPR. I tried searching a thread on this topic but couldn't find much. Please share the link if one is existing.

Q1. Would CIC tell us where to send passport? Yes, everything will be mentioned to you.
Q2. If they ask to send passport to Ottawa or anywhere outside country of current residence (India in this case), how does one send them? I don't think you can send passport from India to outside. Check this link- http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-send-passport-for-pr-stamping-from-outside-of-canada-to-cic.162710/page-2. i will ask other members to verify this.
Q3. Do we send all new and old PP? Only new.
Q4. How to request for change of VO as suggested in this post? And how much time it takes? You will have to send an e-mail at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca, then they make arrangements to print visas at another office. Check link- http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-visa-office-change-request-after-ppr.316489/. It ususually is done in 10-15 days, AFAIK.
Q5. I applied with my daughter's old passport, later got it renewed. Have raised CSE to update her passport this week. When would this information be updated in my application? And how would I know that? Does this pose any issue during PPR? It will take 30-35 days to update this information i your file. You will receive an e-mail most likely, or your profile will show, "additional docs uploaded" in additional docs section. AFAIK, it will not have any negative effect as long as the old passport was valid till applying and you update CIC about details of new passport, you will be fine.

Apologies if it appear too long a list. But with expertise of forum members and their ability to guide precisely, thought of putting all Q together.
Thanks
Hope I helped.

Last edited: