+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in April 2017 - Let's Connect Here!

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
There is no requirement of a recent statement. The one you submitted with your application is just fine. However, if your application took almost a year to be processed, it is advisable to get a fairly recent statement. The sole purpose of PoF is to ensure that a new immigrant will be able to sustain financially and will not become a public charge. The CBSA officer will only need a statement for PoF and that will be sufficient.

When you land in Canada, you cannot bring more than 10K CAD (cash or a financial instrument) per person. And carrying cash is not advisable either for security reasons. However, the PoF is higher than that. The officer will be convinced that you have adequate PoF with the cash you are carrying, but you need to show the PoF, i.e. the minimum funds required as per IRCC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Hope this helps!
So can i show a mix of both,ie in cash and the rest in a bank statemnet but not the whole amount from the bank

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So can i show a mix of both,ie in cash and the rest in a bank statemnet but not the whole amount from the bank
When you land, you can show a mix. Or only a bank statement would work too.

Reactions: Wolverine17

djm1414

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
AOR Received.
06-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
13-09-2017
Received ADR for RCMP criminal record check request today. Background check changed from NBG to IP1 today as well.

canadaPR_Lipi

Jun 23, 2017
Finally after a long wait my application status is changed to inprogress

category - FSW -Inland
eAOR - 5th April
Application status changed to in progress - 22nd june
BG check status in progress - 22nd June
medical - In review - 22nd jun

But CIC has requested for few documents. We had completed upfront medical test from india for both my son and me, but they are asking to do it again in canada. They have also requested for RCMP criminal record check for my spouse who is primary applicant.

The worst part is they have asked to submit PCC for my son from UK who is just 4 years old(he never been to UK). Usually we don't provide PCC for minors.When we called customer care they said it must be for any one of us (System entry error). However my question is we had already provided PCC for my husband from UK, But for me we didn't send because I stayed in UK for 5 months 15 days.What should we do in this situation.First of all we don't know exactly for whom they asked for PCC.

Any suggestion what should we do in this situation?

gdiffuser

Mar 29, 2016
Hi all,

I see a lot of comments about IP1, NA, IP2, etc. After reading I have generally figured out what they mean, but I have also been told that FSW-O applicants don't have IP1/2 (there's just one IP). Is this true?

Second question is if someone is applying from the US, is that outland or inland?

dholhin1

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
16-05-2017
Sent an Email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa to know the visa office & the latest status of my PR application yesterday. Received reply today as below,

Dear Sir/Madam,
Please note that your application is currently at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia and has not yet been transferred to a local visa office.
Please submit any inquiries via our web form and your inquiry will be redirected to the correct office.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Regards,

My current status:

AOR: Apr 26/17
Medical passed: May 16/17
BG: Your Application is in process. we will let you know when we start BG check..
No any updates.

If anybody can help me understand where I'm standing at?
Thank you.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I see a lot of comments about IP1, NA, IP2, etc. After reading I have generally figured out what they mean, but I have also been told that FSW-O applicants don't have IP1/2 (there's just one IP). Is this true?

Second question is if someone is applying from the US, is that outland or inland?
I'm pretty sure everyone goes NA-IP1-NA-IP2-PPR.

US residents/applicants are fully processed at CPC Ottawa (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp) just like inland applicants (i.e. There is no local visa office (LVO) transfer). So even though they are Outland in the sense of not in Canada, they are handled more like inland applicants.

Best of luck!

whwidjaja

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm pretty sure everyone goes NA-IP1-NA-IP2-PPR.

US residents/applicants are fully processed at CPC Ottawa, just like inland applicants (i.e. There is no local visa office (LVO) transfer). So even though they are Outland in the sense of not in Canada, they are handled more like inland applicants.

Best of luck!
I am not sure if that is accurate. I am a FSW inland applicant and my application was processed in CPC Sydney.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure if that is accurate. I am a FSW inland applicant and my application was processed in CPC Sydney.
According to the CIC site, there is a centralized intake office that receives applications for permanent residence in Sydney Nova Scotia, but processing is done at Ottawa for all Canadians and US residents...unless the site is outdated.

It even says that once cases are deemed complete by either Sydney or Mississauga, they are then processed and finalized in Ottawa.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp

Reactions: dholhin1

whwidjaja

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Vancouver, BC, Canada
According to the CIC site, there is a centralized intake office that receives applications for permanent residence in Sydney Nova Scotia, but processing is done at Ottawa for all Canadians and US residents...unless the site is outdated.

It even says that once cases are deemed complete by either Sydney or Mississauga, they are then processed and finalized in Ottawa.

You are correct. It might be the case when my application was in early stages that it was processed at CPC Sydney. Thanks.

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017

Just received an email

Please note that your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

I am FSW-O applicant and the link you pasted says.

The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:

• visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only).
  • permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada, after they have been received and deemed complete by CPC-M or CIO-S.

FYI, 83 days since AOR

Reactions: KiranK

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Just received an email

Please note that your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

I am FSW-O applicant and the link you pasted says.

The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:

• visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only).
  • permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada, after they have been received and deemed complete by CPC-M or CIO-S.

FYI, 83 days since AOR
You are close! I guess you will be the first FSW-O aprilaor (leave neideix, he is a hoax created by CIC to torture all other FSW-O:p;)) to get PPR!

riair

May 17, 2017
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. - Is it the first time you are getting this message?

If yes, your BG will change to "Not Applicable" and then back to the something like "Background check is in progress" and also did CIC ask for any additional documents from you?

If yes, your Review of additional documents will read "the additional documents you provided are updated".

If both of the above process is done, IMO, you will be in IP2. I think, currently you are in IP1

Well, the first update was that I passed the medical exam, that they do not need additional documents, and that my application was in progress and the next step was to conduct a background check.

On June 6, it changed to "the additional documents you provided are being reviewed, "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements", and "we are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information". the sections of biometrics and fingerprints have also been added.

I do not know whether I am at IP1 or IP2. I haven't received any update since June 6

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
Just I got golden email by grace of lord Shiva and thank you everyone who helped me in throughout my struggling period. Thank you guys and wish you good luck everyone who's waiting.