Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
PP323 said:
Hi Guys,

I am also going to be in similar situation for VISA stamping.

I am currently in Canada (principle applicant on PR) but my wife is back in India. Is it possible to get VISA stamp for her in India and I do my processing in Ottawa?

Also, I am trying arrange one of my friend to bring my wife's passport who is expecting to travel to Canada, but Is it legal for him to do so? I read somewhere in forum that an authorized person can take it, but I was wondering what is definition of authorized person? I mean how to make him authorized? any form need to be filled or notary or something else?

Any help is greatly appreciated
I don't get the wife in India and you are here? if your file is in Delhi - that's where the stamping has to be done

As for the authorized part - from Indian passport perspective, one can carry the passport with a letter from the passport holder but it's actually only meant WITHIN India, however it's not stated on the back so it's an assumption that it's overseas too. This would be a problem if passport was GOING TO INDIA, as customs might see it but COMING FROM India is not so much an issue as long as they keep it in the main luggage as it's a rare chance to have it seen during security check ( if in hand luggage )

As for Canada - as per CBSA ( I emailed them as I was bringing my parents passports ), they said as long we have a notarized letter, so I got one from a local Canadian Notary Public since my folks were here

I have taken their passports TO INDIA with auth letter ( not notarized but proof that Delhi Embassy needs it ) and got it back FROM INDIA ( with notarized letter )

Once you are here, you can flagpole to become PR

I never had any issues both ways. An authorized person can be anyone but in my case 3 people backed out at the last moment so I had to spend over 4K to travel back and forth just to move passports and being a relative it certainly makes it easier and confident to do so

PP323

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2014
user828 said:
I don't get the wife in India and you are here? if your file is in Delhi - that's where the stamping has to be done

As for the authorized part - from Indian passport perspective, one can carry the passport with a letter from the passport holder but it's actually only meant WITHIN India, however it's not stated on the back so it's an assumption that it's overseas too. This would be a problem if passport was GOING TO INDIA, as customs might see it but COMING FROM India is not so much an issue as long as they keep it in the main luggage as it's a rare chance to have it seen during security check ( if in hand luggage )

As for Canada - as per CBSA ( I emailed them as I was bringing my parents passports ), they said as long we have a notarized letter, so I got one from a local Canadian Notary Public since my folks were here

I have taken their passports TO INDIA with auth letter ( not notarized but proof that Delhi Embassy needs it ) and got it back FROM INDIA ( with notarized letter )

Once you are here, you can flagpole to become PR

I never had any issues both ways. An authorized person can be anyone but in my case 3 people backed out at the last moment so I had to spend over 4K to travel back and forth just to move passports and being a relative it certainly makes it easier and confident to do so
Hi User828,

Thanks For the reply. By saying "I am in Canada but wife is in India" means we applied for PR together in Canada but recently my wife has to go back to India because she came here on 12 months vacation, now she is back in India and I continued to working here.

PP323

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2014
Hi User828,

So when you brought your parents passport in Canada then you have to make notarized letter from Canadian Notary Public ? I though your parents should be the one who should sign on the authorization letter and it should be notarized in India? Isn't it?

kumar26

Feb 1, 2014
I am surprised why everyone has this confusion. I got the PPR email from CIC. The email clearly states this:

"If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office."

So just inform CIC and they should be able to arrange stamping of ur wife's PR in India.

Reactions: kartheek89

upatel

Sep 12, 2013
Yes I agree with kumar26.
Just email to CPC Ottawa and they can make arrangement to print visas at another office as clearly mentioned on the PPR email.

After sending email to CPC ottawa approximately how much time it will take to get reply from CPC ottawa?

Thx
U

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
PP323 said:
Hi User828,

So when you brought your parents passport in Canada then you have to make notarized letter from Canadian Notary Public ? I though your parents should be the one who should sign on the authorization letter and it should be notarized in India? Isn't it?
My folks were in Canada on Visitor Visa

havi12

Jun 2, 2014
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Nomination.....
24-10-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Yes
File Transfer...
10-12-2014 (Processing Started)
Med's Request
22-12-2014
PP323 said:
Hi User828,

Hi User828

How did you manage to get the PR stamped with you in Canada and your wife in India? Thanks for your response as I will be in the same situation.

Thanks
Havi

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
kumar26 said:
I am surprised why everyone has this confusion. I got the PPR email from CIC. The email clearly states this:

"If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office."

So just inform CIC and they should be able to arrange stamping of ur wife's PR in India.
...............sometimes the issues is that some Canadian Visa Offices have a reputation for taking so long to do simple things.I know someone that waited for close to a year to get his spouse Passport stamped outside Canada for what would've been done together but,the concerns highlighted above are valid.

amar_gahir

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -> Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 13-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
26-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
15-Apr-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
23-May-2015, TLU - 04-Jun-2015
Friends,

Actually, i am going to another country for few months.

Can i request them to allow me to submit the Passport in another country? Has it worked for somebody?

Please share your experience.

BR
Amar

anuwaraich

Jun 3, 2015
PP323 said:
Hi Guys,

I am also going to be in similar situation for VISA stamping.

I am currently in Canada (principle applicant on PR) but my wife is back in India. Is it possible to get VISA stamp for her in India and I do my processing in Ottawa?

Also, I am trying arrange one of my friend to bring my wife's passport who is expecting to travel to Canada, but Is it legal for him to do so? I read somewhere in forum that an authorized person can take it, but I was wondering what is definition of authorized person? I mean how to make him authorized? any form need to be filled or notary or something else?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Hi
I think you can provide us the resolution for this this.i am in the same boat my spouse is in india and i am hre in canada and we got passport call.So whats the best option .Please try to revert ASAP

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anuwaraich said:
Hi
I think you can provide us the resolution for this this.i am in the same boat my spouse is in india and i am hre in canada and we got passport call.So whats the best option .Please try to revert ASAP
If you too have a friend who is willing to carry the passport, give him a letter written, dated and signed by the passport holder allowing him to carry the passport between countries, state for what purpose as well and have two witnesses sign it as well. He will probably never have to show it but in case customs pick him out and search him for some reason, he can prove that he is not transporting this passport for any criminal reason and it is not stolen.

If you do not have a friend who is willing to carry the passport, some people have had luck sending it via courier telling the courier only that they are transporting "documents" because otherwise they might refuse to take it. If you wish, you could write up a letter and put it in the envelope with the passport stating that the courier is authorized to deliver the passport on behalf of your wife, just in case customs were to open the envelope to check what is inside.

Jan 18, 2016
obib said:
...............sometimes the issues is that some Canadian Visa Offices have a reputation for taking so long to do simple things.I know someone that waited for close to a year to get his spouse Passport stamped outside Canada for what would've been done together but,the concerns highlighted above are valid.
Did you receive an alternative from CIC, I am also in the same situation. I am in Canada and my Wife is in India, I have sent a mail to CIC and waiting for their direction.

Thanks

roshansangroula

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Novo Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12 , 2015
Doc's Request.
14 October 2015 PCC & RPRF
Nomination.....
June 18, 2015
AOR Received.
Sept 10, 2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Request
13 October 2015 Automated Email & Remainder email
Med's Done....
14 October 2015 & RPRF
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
06 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
End of journey
LANDED..........
Already in AB on TRV
bhanu.pothakamuri said:
Did you receive an alternative from CIC, I am also in the same situation. I am in Canada and my Wife is in India, I have sent a mail to CIC and waiting for their direction.

Thanks
Let's no what and when will they reply I am on same boat Thanks

htokyo

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
Med's Request
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
26-10-2015 (medical results received)
Passport Req..
24-02-2016 (DM 26-02-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted Feb 29, visa received Mar 18
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Buddies, I learn from others in this forum that upon receiving PPR, you can send a CSE (case specific enquiry) to CIC in which you tell them about your dependant's situation (living outside of Canada) and ask them to re-route your dependant's PPR to the visa office that closest to his/her address.

Do not take risk by internationally sending passport by post!

Good luck!