+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Send Passport for PR Stamping from Outside of Canada to CIC

keith grissom

Mar 15, 2016
This might be a bit late, but still, someone might be able to use it.

Here is an advice from a Russian forum, where sending passports per post had been forbidden up to 2012. The advice comes from a DHL employee - you can unfold your passport and put it in a possibly thick magazine and send the magazine as a document. Second, on its way back, indicate a corporate address (e.g. that of your employer), as there is less chance it will be checked by customs officers.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keith grissom said:
This might be a bit late, but still, someone might be able to use it.

Here is an advice from a Russian forum, where sending passports per post had been forbidden up to 2012. The advice comes from a DHL employee - you can unfold your passport and put it in a possibly thick magazine and send the magazine as a document. Second, on its way back, indicate a corporate address (e.g. that of your employer), as there is less chance it will be checked by customs officers.
All packages sent abroad are scanned by customs irrespective of being a document. Probably the DHL employee is new to his job. The process he mentioned is how fake passports are sent abroad and they are still caught by customs. As long as a package containing passport is addressed to an embassy with proper documentation it should not be a problem.

priya_7

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Interview........
Recommended as per GCMS
Passport Req..
Soon I hope!
VISA ISSUED...
Sooner !!
Did anyone hear back from CIC for their request to get their passport stamping done in a different visa office??

md242

May 9, 2017
Does anyone has had the answer for that problem ( to get their passport stamping done in a different visa office) /
Please help

Thank you very much

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Does anyone has had the answer for that problem ( to get their passport stamping done in a different visa office) /
Please help

Thank you very much
I've done it. Write to your home VO to request to have your visa stamped in the country you're currently in. Attach their reply when you send it for stamping.

gnarendrak

May 26, 2017
I've done it. Write to your home VO to request to have your visa stamped in the country you're currently in. Attach their reply when you send it for stamping.
Hi, Currently I am based in Canada and I got my PPR mail on 16th May 2017. On the same day I sent a mail to CPP office in Ottawa to know the process about how to send the passports of my family in Hyd, India. Till now I got no reply. But I left with only 20 more days to submit my family passports. I have already sent my passport to Ottawa office. I am little worried about the time lines. Please suggest what did you do exactly. You can mail me at gnarendrak@gmail.com. Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Jk2006

May 26, 2017
Hi, Currently I am based in Canada and I got my PPR mail on 16th May 2017. On the same day I sent a mail to CPP office in Ottawa to know the process about how to send the passports of my family in Hyd, India. Till now I got no reply. But I left with only 20 more days to submit my family passports. I have already sent my passport to Ottawa office. I am little worried about the time lines. Please suggest what did you do exactly. You can mail me at gnarendrak@gmail.com. Thanks a lot
I'm in same situation. I emailed them on same day when I got my PPR but still no luck. I'm worried now bcs it's been more than a week. I called cic customer service but they don't know anything about it.

Molus

Jan 20, 2016
I'm in same situation. I emailed them on same day when I got my PPR but still no luck. I'm worried now bcs it's been more than a week. I called cic customer service but they don't know anything about it.[/QUOT

I am in same situation,did u get letter for cic ...so how many days took to get letter.

please advise

Thanks

Jun 6, 2017
Hi,

I am in same situation, where I am in Canada and my husband is in India. I have sent email query to CIC but no response yet. May I know how did you process visa stamping for your family based in India. Appreciate your reply. Thank you!

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
Hi,

May I know whether your issue is resolved or not ?

Nicotugz

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
Any updates? I am in the same situation? Would definitely like to know what to do here...
I emailed them but got no reply still waiting more than a week

Ajithmakkena

Jul 23, 2017
Hello brother,

Did you got any answer for this situation kindly help me thanks

romanic

Dec 31, 2013
Hi,
I am in the same situation. We have emailed to CIC Ottawa, might I know how long you will get reply?

Sai2017

Jun 12, 2017
Portland,OR
Category........
Hello,

I have received an email to send my passport for visa stamping to Canada. Currently I am living in USA. On the last page of Indian passport it is mentioned that we can not send the passport to any country by Post. It has to in the custody of the holder or a person authorized by the holder.

I have gone through some forums that sending the passport through couriers like Fedex or UPS would be fine as they are not postal srvices and we authorize them to carry the documents. I am not sure whether how much of this argument is valid.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjevYaAkeXWAhVHqFQKHUgQDikQFggoMAA&url=http://www.trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/368776361/sending-indian-passport-outside-the-country-of-residence&usg=AOvVaw1RnPg-Pp9bqfKIgzls0GZh

I have seen many Indians are sending passport to Canada using Fedex or UPS. Could anyone suggest sending the Indian passport to Canada through Fedex is legal or not?

Your response is much appreciated.

Thanks

mehtviv

Jan 20, 2018
Hello,

I have received an email to send my passport for visa stamping to Canada. Currently I am living in USA. On the last page of Indian passport it is mentioned that we can not send the passport to any country by Post. It has to in the custody of the holder or a person authorized by the holder.

I have gone through some forums that sending the passport through couriers like Fedex or UPS would be fine as they are not postal srvices and we authorize them to carry the documents. I am not sure whether how much of this argument is valid.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjevYaAkeXWAhVHqFQKHUgQDikQFggoMAA&url=http://www.trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/368776361/sending-indian-passport-outside-the-country-of-residence&usg=AOvVaw1RnPg-Pp9bqfKIgzls0GZh

I have seen many Indians are sending passport to Canada using Fedex or UPS. Could anyone suggest sending the Indian passport to Canada through Fedex is legal or not?

Your response is much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Sai,

What action did you take? Did you send your passport to Canada for stamping? I've got email for mine and I need to send in next 30 days (actually 28 days now).

Also, my 3 years old daughter has US passport so I don't know if I need to send her passport also or just photocopy of passport. Would appreciate advice.