App. Filed.......
04-09-2017
AOR Received.
04-09-2017
Med's Done....
15-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
Has anyone who is a US resident received any update on their case?
My BG went to NBG --> NA --> IP2 in the span of 2 days. I am an US resident. It really seems that Medicals for US resident are cleared late than average but it has no such impact on overall speed.

eastyork

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Outland applicant

AOR: 2nd April
Medicals passed: 4th June
IP1: 4th June
NA: 16th June

Now this is my current situation.

eastyork

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
There is nothing to worry.

You have completed your IP1. You should get your IP2 soon.

The step before your BG status turning IP2 is where they check your NOC, Work Experience, POF, Travel History, etc. So ideally it will take time (based on individual's file).

Good luck !!
how do you know these things.

im in NA stage as well. AOR - 2nd april

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
My BG went to NBG --> NA --> IP2 in the span of 2 days. I am an US resident. It really seems that Medicals for US resident are cleared late than average but it has no such impact on overall speed.
How many for clearing medicals for you ? Are you April Aor?

eastyork

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Theres only two checks. First is completness check for documents, if youre missing something you get refused. Second is eligibility, criminality, security check. That means they check for Reference letters, diplomas, everything you claimed CRS points for.
so in ip1 = they check for completeness of documents?
so that means my completeness of documents have been checked and i've passed that.
and what happens in NA and ip2?

eastyork

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
This may not be the case as
It is IP1, NA and maybe another in progress but not all go through all this stages. if you go through the standard procedures by Immigration officers Completeness first, Eligibility, Admissibility (Medical, Criminality and security.) then PPR This is the Steps and procure after January 2015

Intake
Processing
The Express Entry six-month processing standard begins when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). It ends when Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) makes a final decision on the application.

A complete application includes the following:

I copy pasted the above information from the CIC website. From when does our six-month processing countdown begin - from the date of our AOR right? But above it is mentioned that the six month countdown begins from "when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the GCMS". So since IP1 - is the completeness background check, does our six month countdown start from the date of our IP1 or AOR?

Bafemmy

Jan 16, 2017
Timeline
AOR - April 1st
Medicals passed- June 2nd
ADR- June 2nd Proof of Travel History for Spouse
BGC - IN progress - we will send you a message when BGC is started - June 5th
BGC - NOT Applicable June 6th
ADR- June 14 Request to upload renewed passport (which had less than 6 months by 6th of June) of Principal Applicant to make a desission renewed passport uploaded Same day 14th June
I will want to ask has anyone received a similar request to upload renewed passport and what do I make of this.
Thanks

Please seniors - I need your help on this
My passport will be expiring By July 17
Im the principal applicant with my spouse and 2kids as dependent.

MY current passport bears my maiden name and i will like to change to my spouse's name when i want to renew, i have explained this on my LOE, that CIC should advise whether i should renew in my maiden name or renew in my spouse name, i have also attached legal name change doc when uploading ( newspaper advert, affidavit, and marriage cert)

please should i send a mail to cic or just wait.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP

breecheung

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hi, everyone,

I am still waiting for my PR. Got 2 question:.

1. What are your application status now whose AOR was April 18 this year? Mine says in early May "we received your application." and " the additional documents you provided have been uploaded" and "you pass the medical exam." and " we are processing your BG check." a couple days ago, it changed to " we are processing your application" and "the additional documents you provided are being reviewed" and the BG status is in progress. Does that mean when I pass the medical and BG in progress, cic were not processing my application? Why the application status changed way later than medical and BG?

2. If we get PPR, and we want cic to mail the passport to another address different from the one we put in our online application, do we need to inform cic online or we just write the new address on the envelope?

Thank you so much for help and good luck to all.

Jag13

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
The Express Entry six-month processing standard begins when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). It ends when Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) makes a final decision on the application.

I copy pasted the above information from the CIC website. From when does our six-month processing countdown begin - from the date of our AOR right? But above it is mentioned that the six month countdown begins from "when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the GCMS". So since IP1 - is the completeness background check, does our six month countdown start from the date of our IP1 or AOR?
How are processing times calculated?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) calculates processing times from the day CIC receives an application to the day it makes a decision on the application.

When estimating how long you will wait to receive a temporary visa, you must also take into account up to 10 days of transit or delivery time on top of CIC’s processing time. The time your application will spend travelling to and from CIC will vary depending on where you live.

Jag13

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017

Also this can help.
How can I check if my application has been received?
If we begin to process your application, we will send you an acknowledgment of receipt letter or email with an application number.

We do not send an acknowledgement of receipt until we have opened your application and checked that it is complete. There may be a delay between the date we receive your application and the date we open it.

Your application will be returned to you if:

• it is incomplete,
  • fees are missing, or
  • it is received after a program is paused, closed or a cap is reached.

Jag13

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Please seniors - I need your help on this
My passport will be expiring By July 17
Im the principal applicant with my spouse and 2kids as dependent.

MY current passport bears my maiden name and i will like to change to my spouse's name when i want to renew, i have explained this on my LOE, that CIC should advise whether i should renew in my maiden name or renew in my spouse name, i have also attached legal name change doc when uploading ( newspaper advert, affidavit, and marriage cert)

please should i send a mail to cic or just wait.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP
I will advice don't change the name on the passport unless all the information on the supporting documents all tally and it will not cause any delay