AOR December 2020 - Join here

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Got my BIL and MEP
AOR: 28 Dec
MEP & BIL: 28 Jan
COR: South Africa
Email came at 02.17am South African time.
Progress bar 17%

Last edited:
Reactions: assen89

heazzy0925

Jan 21, 2021
Got my MEP today, didnt get BIL since i already had biometrics for canada tourist visa last year (not sxactly sure).

Progress Bar: 18%
Aor: 12/28
MEP: 1/28
FSW Outland

What should be the next update and around what time? Thanks in advance!

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Got my MEP today, didnt get BIL since i already had biometrics for canada tourist visa last year (not sxactly sure).

Progress Bar: 18%
Aor: 12/28
MEP: 1/28
FSW Outland

What should be the next update and around what time? Thanks in advance!
Your earlier biometrics will hold good.

Usually after MEP, you reach IP1, times differ - "In progress 1" where your Background Check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check......blah..blah" You may receive an email that your application has been updated but it doesn't specify any updates.

Some applicants get "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." even before passing medicals, right after you submit your application

Don't rely on these stages too much, apply for GCMS notes if you want to check your actual status. Its early for you though

Jaybye

Star Member
May 20, 2019
Hello Co-travellers,
I am 2020 December 22 AOR. Please I need your input. I realised I only indicated the first names of my children while filling out their forms post-ITA. There were just two boxes, one for the surname/family name and the other just indicates first name. I didn't know I was supposed to add both their first and middle names in this second box, not even after about 10days after submission.

Please, is this really a cause for concern?
Can anyone advise what's the best thing to do to get IRCC to add their middle names as they appear on their travel passport/documents?

Thank you in anticipation.
UPDATE:
We did raise a CSE few days after this post and we already got a Do-Not-Reply email from IRCC stating our application was updated. Logged in to find out our children's middle names have now been added just as we pleaded in the accompanying LOE.

I wish I could personally thank the gracious VO involved in the tidying up.. Such a relief to realise we can now move on to other things.

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
UPDATE:
We did raise a CSE few days after this post and we already got a Do-Not-Reply email from IRCC stating our application was updated. Logged in to find out our children's middle names have now been added just as we pleaded in the accompanying LOE.

I wish I could personally thank the gracious VO involved in the tidying up.. Such a relief to realise we can now move on to other things.
Great to see that this was resolved! How long did it take to get the response and update? Also, did the letter that you submitted show up in the documents after acknowledgement? I've got a similar issue and submitted a webform with a letter and affidavit

Jaybye

Star Member
May 20, 2019
Great to see that this was resolved! How long did it take to get the response and update? Also, did the letter that you submitted show up in the documents after acknowledgement? I've got a similar issue and submitted a webform with a letter and affidavit
Hi Linalin,

I have so far raised 2 webforms. The first was on my AOR date and it took exactly 31days to get acknowledged -a copy of the LOE I submitted was copied in their reply mail to me.

The second was raised around 16th January, 2021, which was partly about the children's omitted middle-names.This CSE was not directly acknowledged like the first but I got a Do-Not-Reply mail about an update instead. I logged in to find out the names issue has already been fixed. And it took them 13days to act on this second CSE which, in all fairness, was quite fast.

Hope this helps. All the best to you with your CSE.

Reactions: Linalin