+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR 2020 PR Applicants Timeline (Protected Person in Canada Class)

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Any further update brother. As we are in same boat
About one month ago I was asked for the FBI background check because I was in the USA for a while, I submitted same day.

For my mother no foreign country background check was asked, and her medical shows as "passed". So I think the file is just waiting on Canadian intelligence background check which takes the longest time in the process.

But I'm not sure, so far they did not even confirm the Eligibility, does this come after the background check or before, I understood that Eligibility is confirmed when notice of decision and status and medical is passed.

We shall see, timeline shows completion in 10 months from today.

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Hi everyone... i received acknowledgment letter almost 12 days before... but I am still unable to link my file. Does it mean that my file is not processed yet?

Aaron61990

Nov 10, 2020
I mailed my PR application to Mississauga CPC On January 25th, 2020 and it was delivered on January 27th, 2020. Just received my AOR today. exactly 1 year & 27 days.

esperant

Feb 2, 2020
I think background check is the last step. Your case is a little bit simular to mine. I applied for PR as a Refugee (I'm from Cameroon). I lived in Argentina for a while as well. Last month I was asked for Police Clearance Certificate of Argentina and all others countries where I lived for more than 6 months. They did not say Cameroon but saying "all others countries where you lived 6 months" put Cameroon on the list. My question is: for immigration is it normal to contact judicial or police institutions of the country you fled to ask them the PCC? Do a Refugee or Protected Person has to submit the PCC of the country he fled? I hope you or/and someone else could help me on this subject. Thank you

About one month ago I was asked for the FBI background check because I was in the USA for a while, I submitted same day.

For my mother no foreign country background check was asked, and her medical shows as "passed". So I think the file is just waiting on Canadian intelligence background check which takes the longest time in the process.

But I'm not sure, so far they did not even confirm the Eligibility, does this come after the background check or before, I understood that Eligibility is confirmed when notice of decision and status and medical is passed.

We shall see, timeline shows completion in 10 months from today.

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
I think background check is the last step. Your case is a little bit simular to mine. I applied for PR as a Refugee (I'm from Cameroon). I lived in Argentina for a while as well. Last month I was asked for Police Clearance Certificate of Argentina and all others countries where I lived for more than 6 months. They did not say Cameroon but saying "all others countries where you lived 6 months" put Cameroon on the list. My question is: for immigration is it normal to contact judicial or police institutions of the country you fled to ask them the PCC? Do a Refugee or Protected Person has to submit the PCC of the country he fled? I hope you or/and someone else could help me on this subject. Thank you
Check your thread

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hi everyone.
Any updates on AOR?
I'm an early September 2020 applicant and nothing happend after I sent the PR documents to CPCM.
I hope it gets speed up.