+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone's application got processed in Edmonton visa office?

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
anybody in Edmonton CPC any update?
Hello All,
We got our PR email yesterday!

AOR OCT 19th
CEC INLAND
VO EDMONTON
Primary applicant with spouse
MEP Nov 15th
Ghost update Feb 18th and 25th

March 11 8:30am Called to find out the status and was told that they are still reviewing eligibility and security had not been initiated

Mar 11- 10:30am got the email!

Wishing everyone a speedy PR approval!

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hello All,
We got our PR email yesterday!

AOR OCT 19th
CEC INLAND
VO EDMONTON
Primary applicant with spouse
MEP Nov 15th
Ghost update Feb 18th and 25th

March 11 8:30am Called to find out the status and was told that they are still reviewing eligibility and security had not been initiated

Mar 11- 10:30am got the email!

Wishing everyone a speedy PR approval!
Great news. Congrats! My AOR is 29 Sept 2019 and yet no updates:(

cityfocus

Nov 16, 2019
Webform came back:

The security background verification has not been initiated.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Your application is currently being processed at the Local immigration office in Edmonton, Alberta.

How long does security take? I live in the US and haven't left at all for 20 years, so my passport is empty and police certificate clean.

AOR: Feb 4 2019

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Webform came back:

The security background verification has not been initiated.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Your application is currently being processed at the Local immigration office in Edmonton, Alberta.

How long does security take? I live in the US and haven't left at all for 20 years, so my passport is empty and police certificate clean.

AOR: Feb 4 2019
Security depends on nationality and for ppl from certain countries it can take a year.

Arungangadhar

Aug 25, 2019
Is it true that review required for eligibility cases take beyond 6 months?????????
My AOR is September 22,2019.
Criminality - Passed
Eligibility - Review Required
Every time I call them, they always tell me that I have still review required for eligibility. Seems like they have not touched my file after that.
Extremely worried as I am completing 6 months this month. I ordered GCMS notes twice, but have not received them yet.
As far as I know all my documents are complete - correct NOC, duties and responsibilities, dates, hours and company's letterhead but I fail to understand why review required????
Any suggestions?

Have you got PPR?

Jan 6, 2020
Hello My application is transferred to Edmonton and my AOR is July 2019, why is it taking so long for updates, I havent received any updates except for medicals passed applied for GCMS notes Eligibility is RR and submitted documents for the same it is been 4 months and still no update, how do I know what is happening

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Hello My application is transferred to Edmonton and my AOR is July 2019, why is it taking so long for updates, I havent received any updates except for medicals passed applied for GCMS notes Eligibility is RR and submitted documents for the same it is been 4 months and still no update, how do I know what is happening
Have you been able to call IRCC?

leo.rpa

Aug 13, 2019
Hi guys,

I did not even sleep last night.

I would like to share a weird situation you might help me somehow.

I submitted my PR application last December, 2019.

It was originally being processed in Edmonton.

However, it’s been transferred to Ottawa this week. According to response on webform, the eligibility and criminality have not been initiated; and they are reviewing background check.

I’m sad because all application’s timeline I saw here they have received passed regarding eligibility and criminality before the application was transferred to Ottawa.

Any experience in this regard? Should I be worried why it was transferred without eligibility and criminality passed?

Thank you

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Have anyone whose case being processed in CPC Edmonton received PPR in May or June? If so, please share your experience and timeline. Thank you in adavnce!

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Have anyone whose case being processed in CPC Edmonton received PPR in May or June? If so, please share your experience and timeline. Thank you in adavnce!
Yes, I got my CoPR on May 28. They are not issuing PPR now days because of covid. They are directly issuing COPR for inland applicants and no need of flag poling or interview. Lot of people received similar CoPR in May and June. If you are inland applicant you can also expect it in email. My AOR - Nov 26 and six months timeline completed on May 26. Recieved CoPR on May 28th.

Last edited:

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Yes, I got my CoPR on May 28. They are not issuing PPR now days because of covid. They are directly issuing COPR for inland applicants and no need of flag poling or interview. Lot of people received similar CoPR in May and June. If you are inland applicant you can also expect it in email. My AOR - Nov 26 and six months timeline completed on May 26. Recieved CoPR on May 28th.
Thanks! Good info!

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Does anyone knows what comes after medical passed step?
Criminality or eligibility?
Thanks

alessainebuckley

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-06-2020
Hi. Mine is 30th May AOR. I received my BIL yesterday 9th July but no update on MEP yet. Anyone else faced this situation?
Generally I heard that first MEP and then BIL. But mine is opposite. Is it normal???
Hi, I know this is an old post but I am in a similar situation with a June 8 AOR.
Got a BIL but no update on MEP. How did this work out for you?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Any recent people whose files are being processed at Edmonton Office?