+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone's application got processed in Edmonton visa office?

agarden0

Sep 12, 2019
Hi All,
I just got off the phone with IRCC to confirm for a ghost update on Feb 18th
AOR Oct 14th
CEC Inland
VO Edmonton
MED Pass Nov 08th
1st Ghost Update Nov 08th (right after MED pass)
2st Ghost Updaye Feb 18th
Agent said:
Eligibity is passed
Criminality is passed
Security not started
So far, everything is looking good. I just wonder how long will they take to get Security Check done? and what is security check all about?

Thank you all,
I'm on the exact same timeline as you :) Fingers crossed that we receive some good news soon!

I think security check is through the Canadian Borders Agency, TSA, border security from the countries you have resided in.

Reactions: Mia.Ho

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hello Everyone,

My AOR is 21st July 2019. CEC Inland+1 dependent..6 months deadline crossed 3 weeks back..VO: Edmonton..Called IRCC agent..She said eligibility criminality security and bg passed..final decision pending..Ordered GCMS notes also 3 weeks back..not received yet..Anyone in the same situation at Edmonton CPC? When can I get the PPR?
I'm in the same situation. AOR: July 29th. I've contacted CIC and the agent said I'm under final review. Everything else has passed. I've been waiting for 10 days, no updates yet. I don't know why it takes them sooo long for final review... Hope it'll come soon! Please let me know if you got any updates! Thank you!

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi All,
I just got off the phone with IRCC to confirm for a ghost update on Feb 18th
AOR Oct 14th
CEC Inland
VO Edmonton
MED Pass Nov 08th
Agent said:
Eligibity is passed
Criminality is passed
Security not started
So far, everything is looking good. I just wonder how long will they take to get Security Check done? and what is security check all about?

Thank you all,
Hi did you get any update on your file?

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
AOR OCT 19TH
CEC INLAND
VO EDMONTON

I got a ghost update Feb 18th which changed my background. Got another ghost update Feb 26th

Sent a webform and got this back

The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

· The security background verification has not been initiated.

· The criminal background verification is valid.

I'm glad my file is moving but I thought those two ghost updates meant everything was passed. I they pass the eligibility soon

Mia.Ho

Jan 11, 2019
AOR OCT 19TH
CEC INLAND
VO EDMONTON

I got a ghost update Feb 18th which changed my background. Got another ghost update Feb 26th

Sent a webform and got this back

The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

· The security background verification has not been initiated.

· The criminal background verification is valid.

I'm glad my file is moving but I thought those two ghost updates meant everything was passed. I they pass the eligibility soon
have you try to connect with IRCC agent after two ghost updates?

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
have you try to connect with IRCC agent after two ghost updates?
I sent a webform to find out the progress of my file after the ghost updates. I will call them next week. Hopefully the eligibility will have passed and the security would have started.

Clindamycin

Jul 30, 2019
Is it true that review required for eligibility cases take beyond 6 months?????????
My AOR is September 22,2019.
Criminality - Passed
Eligibility - Review Required
Every time I call them, they always tell me that I have still review required for eligibility. Seems like they have not touched my file after that.
Extremely worried as I am completing 6 months this month. I ordered GCMS notes twice, but have not received them yet.
As far as I know all my documents are complete - correct NOC, duties and responsibilities, dates, hours and company's letterhead but I fail to understand why review required????
Any suggestions?

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Is it true that review required for eligibility cases take beyond 6 months?????????
My AOR is September 22,2019.
Criminality - Passed
Eligibility - Review Required
Every time I call them, they always tell me that I have still review required for eligibility. Seems like they have not touched my file after that.
Extremely worried as I am completing 6 months this month. I ordered GCMS notes twice, but have not received them yet.
As far as I know all my documents are complete - correct NOC, duties and responsibilities, dates, hours and company's letterhead but I fail to understand why review required????
Any suggestions?
GCMS note might show you a detailed timeline. When you called CIC, did they say if there's anything wrong with your file? if not, you might have to wait...

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Finally got my Golden Email!!
AOR July 29th
My VO is Edmonton and I was under final review for more than 2 weeks. Super desperately waiting for these days. Someone said Edmonton office seems to send PPR on 4th,5th,6th every month.

Wish a good luck on anyone who is still waiting! No lose patience and you'll get it!

Reactions: Clindamycin

Clindamycin

Jul 30, 2019
GCMS note might show you a detailed timeline. When you called CIC, did they say if there's anything wrong with your file? if not, you might have to wait...
No they didn’t said that there is anything wrong with my file. It has been just under review for more than 2 months now. I am completing 6 months on 22 March.

Mia.Ho

Jan 11, 2019
Hi All,
I think I just received Passport Request Letter this morning. It showed as Information Letter.
it says: The processing of you application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa.
AOR Oct 14th
CEC Inland
VO: CPC Edmonton
MED Pass Nov 08th
Information Letter: Passport Request Mar 06
Nothing changes in my profile. just received the letter and that's all.

Please tell me what should I do now and what will happen next?

Thank you all,

Reactions: SAgrrl

IndB

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
I'm in the same situation. AOR: July 29th. I've contacted CIC and the agent said I'm under final review. Everything else has passed. I've been waiting for 10 days, no updates yet. I don't know why it takes them sooo long for final review... Hope it'll come soon! Please let me know if you got any updates! Thank you!
I have called the CIC agent several times and I have been repeatedly informed that my Eligibility Criminality Background Medical are passed and final is Approved.
Yesterday I got an additional info that my Security is also passed.
However, there is a note from CPC Edmonton(where my profile currently resides) to the IRCC agent ( as IRCC agent requested a status info to CPC on behalf of myself) from 19th Feb which says that they are aware that the regular 6mnths period has completed for my profile and they have called for/ doing a review whose response is pending.

Can anyone please suggest what kind of review is requested/ done after final is Approved ( as per the GCMS note)? Any timeline by when such reviews are completed and the PPR could be received?