+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone's application got processed in Edmonton visa office?

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
For people from Ottawa processing centres, they are at least moving to ip2 and some progress. I don't understand why we are stuck at Edmonton. Especially Dec 2nd week applications. It's 212 days today :( my trv is also done now along with WP ext. And it's one year efforts :(

Hussain91

Jul 8, 2019
Can anyone help me out who received NOI from Alberta regarding the documents.
What documents do the need like.
Do they require proof of funds.
Also do they require pay statements.

Plz do guide.

Loyaltocanada

Jan 21, 2019
For people from Ottawa processing centres, they are at least moving to ip2 and some progress. I don't understand why we are stuck at Edmonton. Especially Dec 2nd week applications. It's 212 days today :( my trv is also done now along with WP ext. And it's one year efforts :(
Based upon the timelines posted here previously and my notes, I expect that there is 4-6 weeks backlog on each step of the Eligibility review (case analyst and senior officer). This backlog results in an additional 8-12 weeks processing for each application.

I noted that CPC Edmonton is a different group from Edmonton IRCC. Maybe they are in the same building but technically different groups. Those recently Jan and Feb approved applications were in Edmonton CPC.

It seems that each group (within the same office) handles their application in their own queue and workload. That's why some applications get processed faster than others even within the same office.

My expectations for our applications (Dec with Edmonton IRCC->Vancouver) are not before the last week of July or the first week of August

Loyaltocanada

Jan 21, 2019
Either GCMS, MP or call centre agent.
Best source is the GCMS. MP can tell you depends on his/her assistant who call the IRCC. You can get it by calling yourself IRCC but it depends on your luck to get a helpful agent

Reactions: Mallika S

Zak8

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
How many people here are waiting for PPR after knowing that application has been approved in Edmonton ?

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Hi everyone,
I had ghost update on Friday and I called ircc this morning and the agent told me that my application is approved, and I got my passport request email this morning and my passport is sent too.
Here is my timeline:
AOR March 8
MEP April 15
IP2 April 18
Visa office: EDMONTON
PPR: July 15
Called ircc several times but during the last call on Friday July 12, the agent told me my eligibility was still recommended passed, security hadn't started, criminality passed. But then in the evening I got the ghost update.
Edmonton is really working for me even it seemed that it’s not at the beginning.
Wish you guys good luck.

Reactions: JssAmA