+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone with Successful Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) of SCDL

rahulm87

Apr 7, 2018
As per the various members

Currently it's 3 months from when they confirm receipt of the university sent documents,one of my friends got his 2nd confirmation in Jan 2018 and he received a positive evaluation yesterday

Will post an update on my application which I sent in feb'18
Guys an update just got my eca report my scdl pgdbf as positive it mentions in the report as equivalent to university diploma all the best for others waiting for it and I would like to thank the forum members who earlier guided all in this process .also for members info timeline it took is 2.5 months from when they got my documents

Last edited:
Reactions: SK2779

rahulm87

Apr 7, 2018

Devesh12

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi,

Did anyone created a express entry profile using IQAS ECA report that has evaluated SCDL PGDBA. I have a doubt that what should be level of education be selected for the PGDBA course as the duration of our course is not mentioned in IQAS ECA form. I could see below 2 below options available in the express entry profile options:
> Two-year program at university ,college,trade, or technical school, or other institute.
> One-year program at university ,college,trade, or technical school, or other institute.

Is there a reason that ECA has report does not mention about the duration of SCDL PGDBA course and have only written it as a University Diploma.

sandeep2034

Apr 25, 2018
No, I didn't send my Bachelors transcript - only the PGDM transcripts. My bachelors was also assessed from WES. I don't think you need to send it.
Only the PG transcript should do.
Thanks buddy, one more help needed please.
As we are sending only PGDM transcripts from SCDL, getting evaluated from IQAS, and bachelors got evaluated from WES,
Overall will they consider our profile for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" or "Master's Degree" ?

SK2779

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
As we are sending only PGDM transcripts from SCDL, getting evaluated from IQAS, and bachelors got evaluated from WES,
Overall will they consider our profile for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" or "Master's Degree" ?
Yes They will. It doesn't matter who does the evaluation - as long as it is done and they are recognized. My bachelor's was evaluation by WES and masters by IQAS. This did not create any problems and I got my PR

Reactions: Devesh12

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
I had initially sent my bachelors and PGDBA from ScDl to WES from evaluation. WES has not recognized the PGDBA.Later I sent only PGDBA from SCDL to IQAS and it has recognized it as University Diploma.Since one report says recognised and other report says not recognize,will it not cause any problem

aks.abhi9

May 8, 2018
New Delhi
Need your support in getting clarity on "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years". Can I get higher CRS score under quoted category?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Today, I received ECA soft copy from IQAS exactly after 13 weeks from receiving all documents.
-For Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) Degree from Delhi University=> Canadian Equivalency: Three- year undergraduate degree program.
-For Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) from SCDL, Pune=> Canadian Equivalency: Two-year Graduate diploma program.

SK2779

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
I had initially sent my bachelors and PGDBA from ScDl to WES from evaluation. WES has not recognized the PGDBA.Later I sent only PGDBA from SCDL to IQAS and it has recognized it as University Diploma.Since one report says recognised and other report says not recognize,will it not cause any problem
No, it won't cause any program

SK2779

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Yes, I believe so. I was in the same situation and I declared it.

Devesh12

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Need your support in getting clarity on "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years". Can I get higher CRS score under quoted category?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Today, I received ECA soft copy from IQAS exactly after 13 weeks from receiving all documents.
-For Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) Degree from Delhi University=> Canadian Equivalency: Three- year undergraduate degree program.
-For Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) from SCDL, Pune=> Canadian Equivalency: Two-year Graduate diploma program.
Hi,

Have IQAS written the Canadian Equivalency for PGDBA as Two-year Graduate diploma program in your case. For me and some others they have just written it as equivalent to University Diploma.

Reactions: aks.abhi9

Devesh12

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Yes They will. It doesn't matter who does the evaluation - as long as it is done and they are recognized. My bachelor's was evaluation by WES and masters by IQAS. This did not create any problems and I got my PR
Hi Buddy,

Could you please help me with what should be level of education be selected for the PGDBA course while creating express entry profile options, as the duration of our course is not mentioned in IQAS ECA. I could see below 2 below options available in the express entry profile options:
> Two-year program at university ,college,trade, or technical school, or other institute.
> One-year program at university ,college,trade, or technical school, or other institute.

Is there a reason that ECA has report does not mention about the duration of SCDL PGDBA course and have only written it as a University Diploma.

aks.abhi9

May 8, 2018
New Delhi
Hi,

Have IQAS written the Canadian Equivalency for PGDBA as Two-year Graduate diploma program in your case. For me and some others they have just written it as equivalent to University Diploma.
IQAS ECA also quoted below statement. Pls refer this...

Comparative Levels of Achievement in Canada:

- The Bachol's degree generally compares to the completion of a three-year Bachelor of Commerce Degree.
- The Post Graduation Diploma generally compares to the completion of a University Diploma with a focus in business administration, marketing management and operations management.

Hope this same for you and me.

Fab_Pin

Jan 17, 2016
Hi, SK2779, I got my SCDL evaluated from IQAS as "The PG Diploma generally compares to the completion of a university diploma with a focus in business admin and marketing mgmt". Is this the same you got as well? If so, what did you select for this particular study in your application from the below choices?

3. One year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
4. Two year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Fab_Pin

Jan 17, 2016
Seen a lot of anxious applicants on this forum, including myself.
Here's the first hand news:
Just recieved positive ECA from IQAS for PGDBA SCDL Batch 2012, equivalent to University Diploma in Canada.

All the best people!
Hi! I got my SCDL evaluated from IQAS as "The PG Diploma generally compares to the completion of a university diploma with a focus in business admin and marketing mgmt". Is this the same you got as well?.I If so, what did you select for this particular study in your application from the below choices?

3. One year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
4. Two year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Fab_Pin

Jan 17, 2016
I received a successful evaluation from IQAS today. For those who want to know more, here are some details:

Batch: Oct’2007-Jan’2010
Course: C-PGDBA (Information Technology)
IQAS Assessment: "The Corporate Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration generally compares to the completion of a University Diploma with a focus in business administration and information technology”

Timelines:
  1. Documents sent from my side to IQAS: Nov 17th
  2. Request sent from my side to SCDL: Nov 18th
  3. Documents from SCDL to IQAS: Nov 28th
  4. My package reached IQAS (as per tracking#): Nov 29th
  5. SCDL package reached IQAS (as per tracking#): Dec 1st
  6. IQAS emailed 1st acknowledgement (for application, File# generated): Jan 15th
  7. IQAS emailed 2nd acknowledgement (academic documents): Jan 25th
  8. IQAS completed and emailed assessment: Mar 1st
Note: Documents were sent to IQAS and SCDL from USA
Hi Y@$h,
I got my SCDL evaluated from IQAS as "The PG Diploma generally compares to the completion of a university diploma with a focus in business admin and marketing mgmt". Is this the same you got as well? If so, what did you select for this particular study in your application from the below choices?