+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone travelled to Canada after - DLI being listed

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hey guys, just bumping this up to see if there's been anyone who's travelled with spouse yet. The guidelines just mention that the exemption letter is not need if travelling along with the student if the purpose is to support the student. Any thoughts if we would be allowed entry? They have specifically mentioned travel exemption letter is not required.

Reactions: Tavia and janesama

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hey guys, just bumping this up to see if there's been anyone who's travelled with spouse yet. The guidelines just mention that the exemption letter is not need if travelling along with the student if the purpose is to support the student. Any thoughts if we would be allowed entry? They have specifically mentioned travel exemption letter is not required.
Spouse is provided the letter by default. Mine has it and we are bringing it along even though we never requested it

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Spouse is provided the letter by default. Mine has it and we are bringing it along even though we never requested it
Thank you! What does the letter state and do you whom we could contact to get it? I wrote to the travel exemption email address. Would that be enough or do we need to write to some other email address. Thank you!!

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Thank you! What does the letter state and do you whom we could contact to get it? I wrote to the travel exemption email address. Would that be enough or do we need to write to some other email address. Thank you!!
I think it should be. It says that our request for exception to travel under family reunification has been approved and that he should show this letter in order to board an aircraft to Canada

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Bump cause it drowns in peoples happy new threads about passport request (and my travel is less than 2 weeks away)

Update
My husband and I registered in ArriveCan and completed provincial self-isolation plan (you can do those no earlier than 2 weeks before arrival). My uni is aware of our arrival. I am currently writing the plan separately just in case the officer would ask for it. We are landing in Vancouver airport and flying there from transfer in Amsterdam. We have travel exception for him and plan to show it during our first registration in Boryspil and while transferring in Amsterdam
Btw, it seems that security wait there is less than 5 min, which most likely means not a lot of people are traveling there at the moment

thecazgir

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
As you know IRCC officer said in one of the webinars that students should travel to Canada 3 weeks before the start day of their program. Is there any updates to this rule? Do you think we can travel before 1 month?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
As you know IRCC officer said in one of the webinars that students should travel to Canada 3 weeks before the start day of their program. Is there any updates to this rule? Do you think we can travel before 1 month?
I am already studying online since my intake is Fall 2020

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi Jane, if you dont mind sharing, how were you able to get a place to quarantine in BC? Im having a hard time getting one
I got lucky and was able to find accommodation as soon as international students were announced to be exempt on October 20th (which was October 2nd). My place is an apartment in a dorm (CDM if you know what it is). And we signed a lease starting November 15th. I advise you to look on Craigslist or PadMapper, they have variety of apartments there