+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone travelled from india - (via frankfurt) to canada through Air Canada ?

mip007

Sep 26, 2014
I recently made this journey. Everything was very smooth. Lufthansa employees check your docs before issuing the boarding pass. Once that was done there is no more cross-checking anywhere.
Could you please give more details like

1. from where to where via where the flight was?
2. Date of Flight
3. are you indian citizen or canadian?

mip007

Sep 26, 2014
They said he is not allowed although he did confirm all these things well in advance with their customer care so yeah opt for a direct flight and don't take the risk.
the current information is too less for understanding but too much for getting worried. is it possible for you to please elaborate the issue and cause of denial for boarding?

mip007

Sep 26, 2014
Hey, I traveled to Canada via Frankfurt on Jan 28. Lemme know if you need any help
Just if you can elaborate more...like if you have pr or Canadian citizenship? A did you book your tickets with air canada or Lufthansa? And if were asked any queries or for documents etc for transit through Germany? Of course baring covid test results..

Trying to seek more clarity as at below link it doesnot clearly say if i as Canadian citizen and oci can travel to yyz from bom through Frankfurt...

https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/en/about-air-transport-bubbles

Animesh15

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Just if you can elaborate more...like if you have pr or Canadian citizenship? A did you book your tickets with air canada or Lufthansa? And if were asked any queries or for documents etc for transit through Germany? Of course baring covid test results..

Trying to seek more clarity as at below link it doesnot clearly say if i as Canadian citizen and oci can travel to yyz from bom through Frankfurt...

https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/en/about-air-transport-bubbles
Alright so I traveled as a student. It was my first time landing as a student in Canada so I didn’t have any study permit on me. I booked through Air Canada however, it makes no difference whichever carrier you book from. (I
DEL->FRA: All normally required documents were checked, I didn’t have a hard copy for one or two docs for which they asked for a screenshot. I’ve traveled internationally as a tourist but the difference this time was that all immigration related questions were asked on the Lufthansa counter itself. All of my documents/soft copies were sent to secondary, so more or less my immigration check was done on Lufthansa counter, just had my passport stamped at Indian immigration(No questions asked) before entering airside.
At Frankfurt, they just checked my admission letter, covid test and boarding pass for the connecting flight. The process was very quick & the flight was mostly empty so almost every passenger got an extra unoccupied seat.

At Canada (Vancouver), I saw the smoothest ever immigration check of my life. Only questions asked were- Name of my school, place of quarantine. Definitely one thing the immigration officer pointed out was that my covid test should’ve been valid when I started the second leg of my journey. I took my test ~60 hrs before I boarded my flight from New Delhi. By the time I reached Frankfurt, it was already 72+ hours. So the immigration officer recommended me to public health officials and they gave me a green signal, they said it’s still a grey area so they were giving me a stamp. Honestly, the only suggestion for a connecting flight would be
1. Check for transit visas, if any (None required for Germany)
2. Ensure the window of you covid test is within 72 hrs before you board your second flight

Reactions: Neelam_Thuls

fzindani

Star Member
May 5, 2015
canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
16-11-2018
Nomination.....
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-03-2019
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-09-2019
Med's Done....
06-16-2019
hi All my brother booked a direct flight from Delhi to Toronto and to his destination to halifax. It was a direct flight AC. he did his immigration work in Toronto Pearson, but he only got a study permit of 6 month and he is enrolled in a 2 year course which started in Jan. does anyone have an idea on why did he just get 6 months on visa? officer told him he will need it to extend it but this is weird

fzindani

Star Member
May 5, 2015
canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
16-11-2018
Nomination.....
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-03-2019
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-09-2019
Med's Done....
06-16-2019
Alright so I traveled as a student. It was my first time landing as a student in Canada so I didn’t have any study permit on me. I booked through Air Canada however, it makes no difference whichever carrier you book from. (I
DEL->FRA: All normally required documents were checked, I didn’t have a hard copy for one or two docs for which they asked for a screenshot. I’ve traveled internationally as a tourist but the difference this time was that all immigration related questions were asked on the Lufthansa counter itself. All of my documents/soft copies were sent to secondary, so more or less my immigration check was done on Lufthansa counter, just had my passport stamped at Indian immigration(No questions asked) before entering airside.
At Frankfurt, they just checked my admission letter, covid test and boarding pass for the connecting flight. The process was very quick & the flight was mostly empty so almost every passenger got an extra unoccupied seat.

At Canada (Vancouver), I saw the smoothest ever immigration check of my life. Only questions asked were- Name of my school, place of quarantine. Definitely one thing the immigration officer pointed out was that my covid test should’ve been valid when I started the second leg of my journey. I took my test ~60 hrs before I boarded my flight from New Delhi. By the time I reached Frankfurt, it was already 72+ hours. So the immigration officer recommended me to public health officials and they gave me a green signal, they said it’s still a grey area so they were giving me a stamp. Honestly, the only suggestion for a connecting flight would be
1. Check for transit visas, if any (None required for Germany)
2. Ensure the window of you covid test is within 72 hrs before you board your second flight
hey can u tell me when u did ur immigration for study visa at Toronto Pearson, how long of your study course is and the study visa u received on it? my brother reached canada today he is enrolled in a 2 year course but only got a study permit of 6 months which is weird. officer told him that he will need to extend it later

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hey can u tell me when u did ur immigration for study visa at Toronto Pearson, how long of your study course is and the study visa u received on it? my brother reached canada today he is enrolled in a 2 year course but only got a study permit of 6 months which is weird. officer told him that he will need to extend it later
Did he defer admission?

ArpShekar

Jan 16, 2021
Were you able to travel vi Frankfurt?
Hey!! Yeah, I made to Canada.
I had my flight from BLR to YVR via FRA and YYZ. Had no issues during transit. Just like everyone else has mentioned above, I finished most of my immigration part at the Lufthansa baggage counter and just the stamping at the immigration counter. In Frankfurt, they checked my admission letter, covid test report and passport before the boarding and there was no transit issues. At YYZ which was my port of entry, they asked for my POE letter, quarantine plan and declaration form. The officer who issued my study permit just asked for the acceptance letter.
Upto my knowledge and experience you can transit through Frankfurt (there were also a few passengers who reached YYZ from BLR via FRA) but to be on the safer side, keep checking the Lufthansa website for any updates. Like few days before my journey, France closed their borders and cancelled all the transiting flights. So be careful and keep yourself updated.

ArpShekar

Jan 16, 2021
Yes, no issues. It was a flight change from one gate to another gate at same airport. Just security check before boarding next plane.

No issues. He just had to change the flight from one gate to another gate at Frankfurt, he had to finish security check in, which is the usual and show the covid result copy again before boarding for Toronto flight.
Thanks for the update :)

ram2909

Jul 2, 2018
Hello All, I am looking to travel from Hyderabad to Toronto via Frankfurt (layover). Can someone shed some light on the restrictions or this to be considered for this travel. I will be carrying a COVID -ve result for sure. I am a Canadian Permanent resident. Thanks on Advance.

Suryaa 01

Mar 23, 2021
Hey, I traveled to Canada via Frankfurt on Jan 28. Lemme know if you need any help
Hey I'm planning to travel from Bangalore to Canada Transit at Frankfurt by Air Canada. I am travelling on Study permit. Can I go ahead with my travel plan? Thank you