+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone travelled from india - (via frankfurt) to canada through Air Canada ?

dishpan142

Sep 2, 2020
I had the same doubts. I have also booked Mumbai to Toronto flight via FRA. I contacted the airport to confirm and this was their response -

"
Passengers can transfer as usual in the moment, they only have to wear a face mask and maintain social distancing in the terminal building. They won’t need a negative COVID 19 test to stay at the airport, fill out a form or do quarantine.

Please ask the airline if they would like to see a COVID 19 test before boarding.
"

I dont think the transit would be an issue

Reactions: amazonka and SDSo

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
I had the same doubts. I have also booked Mumbai to Toronto flight via FRA. I contacted the airport to confirm and this was their response -

"
Passengers can transfer as usual in the moment, they only have to wear a face mask and maintain social distancing in the terminal building. They won’t need a negative COVID 19 test to stay at the airport, fill out a form or do quarantine.

Please ask the airline if they would like to see a COVID 19 test before boarding.
"

I dont think the transit would be an issue
When are you traveling?

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
A friend of ours recently traveled first week of Jan, on Lufthansa,(lay over in FRA) from India to Canada
I called Air Canada regarding this flight and they told me that this is a code sharing flight which is managed by the Lufthansa and when I called lufthansa they said Indian passport holders heading to canada are not allowed on our planes as directed by the DGCA.

I dont think anyone other air india,air canada, qatar and emirates is allowed because I talked to almost every single flight carrier and received same response from them.

dishpan142

Sep 2, 2020
I called Air Canada regarding this flight and they told me that this is a code sharing flight which is managed by the Lufthansa and when I called lufthansa they said Indian passport holders heading to canada are not allowed on our planes as directed by the DGCA.

I dont think anyone other air india,air canada, qatar and emirates is allowed because I talked to almost every single flight carrier and received same response from them.
That is strange because when I spoke to Lufthansa they said that the ticket is issued by Air Canada and they don't have any specific rules from their side.

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
That is strange because when I spoke to Lufthansa they said that the ticket is issued by Air Canada and they don't have any specific rules from their side.
Check the flight code and you'll find out it is managed by the Lufthansa.

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
It is operated by Lufthansa but both air canada and air india issue tickets for it. So it would fall under Air Bubble
Let us know how your travel goes

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
Any updates on this? I am planning to take Air Canada via Frankfurt in Feb end.
why don't you book a direct flight to be on the safer side? Yesterday my friend who was planning to board the Qatar airways flight was denied boarding and at the last moment, he was forced to booked air Canada premium economy ticket for 1.13 lakhs.

Cancan11

Dec 27, 2019
why don't you book a direct flight to be on the safer side? Yesterday my friend who was planning to board the Qatar airways flight was denied boarding and at the last moment, he was forced to booked air Canada premium economy ticket for 1.13 lakhs.
Why was he denied boarding??

Kph104

Aug 26, 2019
Ohh, that's a shocker! Can you find out why he was denied?
Also, I've checked with Etihad though through their customer support and they said I can go ahead if transit at Abu Dhabi is less than 12 hours.

Has anyone taken Etihad?

ArpShekar

Jan 16, 2021
28th January , Bangalore to Toronto, via Frankfurt but actual location is London. Ontario. Are you traveling too ?
Have you booked your flight already?
I'm from Bangalore as well and I've opted the same for 6th of feb and worried if that's an issue.