+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone stuck in Spousal PR security check over 1 year (not criminality but security background check) Please join here

Samtasharm

Dec 31, 2022
Hi there, my husband’s security was not started when I requested GCMS notes and got them on October 23rd. Now the NY visa office has requested an updated FBI clearance even though they’ve had the file for 3 months. Would this mean that security has started then or will they send a request after reviewing the new FBI clearance?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi there, my husband’s security was not started when I requested GCMS notes and got them on October 23rd. Now the NY visa office has requested an updated FBI clearance even though they’ve had the file for 3 months. Would this mean that security has started then or will they send a request after reviewing the new FBI clearance?
I'm sure someone with more knowledge about NY VO will respond to you. All I can see in this case is - most of the time when someone requests for GCMS, sends a webform or involves an MP - there is usually some movement to the file. Which is a good thing. Even if they have to refuse, bloody hell do it today rather than keep the applicant waiting for 20 months!

Root90

Sep 14, 2023
Where can I make a GCMS request and if I make this request, will it have a negative impact on the file? There has been no progress for 17 months.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Where can I make a GCMS request and if I make this request, will it have a negative impact on the file? There has been no progress for 17 months.
Sponsor, assuming they are in Canada, should order GCMS notes, right away!
Here's the link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation

And there is no such thing like negative impact, because you are asking about your application. In fact, sponsor should get in touch with the MP as well. If its 17 months already, while the processing time has reduced to 13 months, there is a definite reason for being concerned and causing the CIC to get concerned for you as well. If you wont show care and concern about your application, they wont either!

Reactions: SKGUG

Root90

Sep 14, 2023
Sponsor, assuming they are in Canada, should order GCMS notes, right away!
Here's the link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation

And there is no such thing like negative impact, because you are asking about your application. In fact, sponsor should get in touch with the MP as well. If its 17 months already, while the processing time has reduced to 13 months, there is a definite reason for being concerned and causing the CIC to get concerned for you as well. If you wont show care and concern about your application, they wont either!
Thank you very much, but the place where I applied is Quebec and my waiting period is 41 months.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I want to try my luck, after all, there is no rule that everyone will last 41 months.
Then by all means try your luck with your MP, and your MNA (or whatever they're called these days). Elected officials in Quebec should also know you're unhappy.

Reactions: Root90

Root90

Sep 14, 2023
Then by all means try your luck with your MP, and your MNA (or whatever they're called these days). Elected officials in Quebec should also know you're unhappy.
I'm not sure if anyone really cares, it's been 18 months since we got married and I've been away from my wife for 17 months, there are those who are in the same boat with me, I hope everyone can reunite with their families as soon as possible.

• Sad
Reactions: armoured

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I'm not sure if anyone really cares, it's been 18 months since we got married and I've been away from my wife for 17 months, there are those who are in the same boat with me, I hope everyone can reunite with their families as soon as possible.
As I mentioned earlier, take proactive approach. Contact MP and send webforms. Only you can bring any change to your condition. There are some members on this forum who will discourage you from contacting MPs. Ignore them. Its you, your life and your family.

Send the webform, you will get response back within 20 days and also contact your MP. Wish you the very best.

Reactions: oliverwhq

abdullah2018

Dec 11, 2023
For eight years, my husband's case has been stuck in security checks. In the last eight years, I have put a lot of effort into this project. I also hired a lawyer who put in a lot of effort. I have gone to MP, but it still hasn't been resolved. All four of my children are Canadian citizens, and my husband and children love each other very much. I take my children to visit my husband every holiday, but when we return to Canada they cry so much for their father. My heart is broken at this time as a mother of four. This situation has been going on for 8 years now. As a result, my children are very upset. Is there anything I can do about this? This makes me feel even worse. I couldn't find anyone to help me.

Getting signatures started: How do I do it? What is the maximum number of signatures I can collect? Does it only work in Canada or everywhere? Thank you so much for helping me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For eight years, my husband's case has been stuck in security checks. In the last eight years, I have put a lot of effort into this project. I also hired a lawyer who put in a lot of effort. I have gone to MP, but it still hasn't been resolved. All four of my children are Canadian citizens, and my husband and children love each other very much. I take my children to visit my husband every holiday, but when we return to Canada they cry so much for their father. My heart is broken at this time as a mother of four. This situation has been going on for 8 years now. As a result, my children are very upset. Is there anything I can do about this? This makes me feel even worse. I couldn't find anyone to help me.

Getting signatures started: How do I do it? What is the maximum number of signatures I can collect? Does it only work in Canada or everywhere? Thank you so much for helping me.
Have you tried the writ of mandamus approach with the help of a lawyer?

Why is your husband stuck in security checks for so long? You should know why it's taking this long and what Canada is concerned about.

IMO signatures are not going to help at all at this point. You need to be working with a very good lawyer.

Reactions: Kaibigan

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Getting signatures started: How do I do it?
@scylla is right. Collecting signatures will be a waste of time. It seems that, somehow, too much has been wasted already. Eight years in limbo is an unconscionable amount of time, accepting things are as you say. Seems like something is radically wrong.

While members of this forum are, in my view, often too quick to urge resort to the prerogative writs, such as mandamus, by way of judicial review, this case cries out for it. Take to heart the advice: "You need to be working with a very good lawyer."

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

Choosen

Dec 4, 2017

8 years?