+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone stuck in Spousal PR security check over 1 year (not criminality but security background check) Please join here

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla is right. Collecting signatures will be a waste of time. It seems that, somehow, too much has been wasted already. Eight years in limbo is an unconscionable amount of time, accepting things are as you say. Seems like something is radically wrong.

While members of this forum are, in my view, often too quick to urge resort to the prerogative writs, such as mandamus, by way of judicial review, this case cries out for it. Take to heart the advice: "You need to be working with a very good lawyer."
Agreed.

Typically when it drags out this long there an inadmissibility issue.

It's lawyer territory. And it's also possible it may be something that cannot be resolved.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
For eight years, my husband's case has been stuck in security checks. In the last eight years, I have put a lot of effort into this project. I also hired a lawyer who put in a lot of effort. I have gone to MP, but it still hasn't been resolved. All four of my children are Canadian citizens, and my husband and children love each other very much. I take my children to visit my husband every holiday, but when we return to Canada they cry so much for their father. My heart is broken at this time as a mother of four. This situation has been going on for 8 years now. As a result, my children are very upset. Is there anything I can do about this? This makes me feel even worse. I couldn't find anyone to help me.

Getting signatures started: How do I do it? What is the maximum number of signatures I can collect? Does it only work in Canada or everywhere? Thank you so much for helping me.
100% agreed with @Kaibigan This case has been going on for 8 years!!! Im scratching my head...you dont need to be on this forum. Its beyond the scope of this forum.

You need a good IMMIGRATION LAWYER (not consultant) to fight your case and win it.

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
I hope everyone tried to enjoy the holidays. I understand that many of us, once again are not with our husband's, wives or loved ones.
Our pr application is going on 20 months and we are all completed on pr tracker, recieved pre arrival at the beginning of September, now stuck in security. Dead silence from Sept to December, then ghost update with nothing. Our VO is manila. How much longer do we or anyone have to miss celebrations together, birthdays, births, Christmas, new years, family celebrations, .....
Hopefully or soon turns into finally.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I hope everyone tried to enjoy the holidays. I understand that many of us, once again are not with our husband's, wives or loved ones.
Our pr application is going on 20 months and we are all completed on pr tracker, recieved pre arrival at the beginning of September, now stuck in security. Dead silence from Sept to December, then ghost update with nothing. Our VO is manila. How much longer do we or anyone have to miss celebrations together, birthdays, births, Christmas, new years, family celebrations, .....
Hopefully or soon turns into finally.
If you havent sent a webform - id say send a webform using the same expressions you did above. Slightly nudge them...

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
If you havent sent a webform - id say send a webform using the same expressions you did above. Slightly nudge them...
did in october and no acknowledgement of receipt of web form, also ordered gcms notes and it still shows they are doing security and criminality.