+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone stuck in Spousal PR security check over 1 year (not criminality but security background check) Please join here

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
As you can see it seems on other agencies that Canada is waiting to hear from. It’s tough but Canada requests information and then waits for other agencies to get back to them. They can’t send requests for updates continuously. They are managing lots of files so they would have circled back to your file eventually to ask for an update.
They are not replying and cannot get gcms notes.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Bonjour,
Je suis dans la même situation exactement. Toutes les étapes sont terminées pour moi, mais je n'ai pas l'autorisation d'aller passer l'EMI parce que les vérifications de "sécurité" sont en cours avec L'AFSC depuis presque un an. Moi j'ai reçu mes notes au dossier de l'agent, dont j'avais demandé, je n'ai rien lu comme doute, sauf c'est noté "sécurité en cours" et tout le reste est correct. J'étais dans l'armée aussi pendant un certain temps, mais je n'y suis plus. Vous n'êtes pas seul. Ma femme ne sait plus à quel saint se vouer et moi non plus. Nous ne faisons qu'attendre et notre demande est en cours depuis 35 mois déjà. Une vraie galère et la santé mentale est en train de prendre un coup.

N.B Si quelqu'un a une solution ou une idée il est prié de le partager
Depending where you are from and what you did in the army you likely have a good chance of getting an answer through writ of mandamus. You will need to hire a lawyer and it will cost you a few thousands.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We are in month 19 of application, 14 of those in security check. When we applied timeline was 12 months processing. I know that IRCC has moved the goalpost to try to lessen the amount of Writs of Mandamus filed, but one has to prepare. There is some pre-exisiting duty is there not?
12 months was prepandemic and it was 80% of applications are processed within a year not processing time is a year.. There were some countries where it was always closer to 2 years. You unfortunately applied before the pandemic so the majority of your processing time was during a time where the world got slower and it became harder to get timely answers from outside agencies. Cuba has had a longer processing time but especially since there was attacks on the embassy staff.

Reactions: Liveinthepresent

VEVETOU2000

Sep 2, 2022
Dans l'espoir de trouver quelqu'un dans une situation similaire qui a été coincée dans la partie sécurité de la vérification des antécédents pendant plus d'un an. Mon dossier a été transmis à l'ASFC par le SCRS il y a 14 mois et j'attends toujours. « sécurité en cours avec l'ASFC » N'avez nulle part où aller.
[/CITATION] [/CITATION]
Étant donné que vous n'avez même pas atteint un an, le bref de mandamus n'est probablement pas une option pour vous. Après 35 mois, c'est le cas.
[/DEVIS] "Après 35 mois, cest normal"
Je ne comprends pas cette dernière phrase.

VEVETOU2000

Sep 2, 2022
Je n'ai pas envie d'engager un avocat, quoique j'ai déjà pensé. LIRCC s'en fiche presque de n'importe quel dossier depuis la pandémie. Beaucoup d'autres gens attendent aussi. Toutes les raisons sont bonnes pour faire patienter, je pense que c'est de la politique.

GyanLula

Star Member
Jan 23, 2022
This is exactly what I am fearful of. My husband is Iranian and he too had to serve in the Military. It is mandatory for all Iranian men to serve. And the fact that Iran isn't on good terms with the west, his background check is going to take an eternity. I swear us citizens suffer for the choices the people in office make.

Reactions: marina_abd

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I swear us citizens suffer for the choices the people in office make.
'Twas ever thus. (Has always been the case that people suffer due to their governments)

That said, there are lots of Iranian PRs and files that go through. Some are longer yes, but doing the normal military service (as a draftee) is by no means a disqualification nor guarantee that it will take extraordinarily long.

Reactions: Buletruck

ciboulette

Aug 16, 2022
My case is stuck on criminality sindr april,10 2021 and the MP says i need to wait. Do you guys have any idea how many years this can take??? Its so stressfull

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
My case is stuck on criminality sindr april,10 2021 and the MP says i need to wait. Do you guys have any idea how many years this can take??? Its so stressfull
I hear it can be some time. IRCC wipes their hands clean of cases and says "it is out of their control", and there is no way to reach any of the departments that work in conjunction with the IRCC to get news. I am STILL waiting for GCMS notes ordered in June. The last update I had on my file was that it took IRCC 8 months to ask for an update from security partners (this was in March). We are now at 22 months in process, 17 of those in security check.

Reactions: VEVETOU2000

VEVETOU2000

Sep 2, 2022
Je vous comprends très bien. Je suis en attente de vérification de sécurité depuis début novembre 2021, le traitement du parrainage date depuis 38 mois déjà, il y a de quoi pour se suicider, mais on essaie de tenir le coup.

ciboulette

Aug 16, 2022
Je vous comprends très bien. Je suis en attente de vérification de sécurité depuis début novembre 2021, le traitement du parrainage date depuis 38 mois déjà, il y a de quoi pour se suicider, mais on essaie de tenir le coup.
Même temps d’attente que moi. 38 mois c’est trop, maos fait confiance en Dieu. Je sais que c’est très difficile.

ciboulette

Aug 16, 2022
I hear it can be some time. IRCC wipes their hands clean of cases and says "it is out of their control", and there is no way to reach any of the departments that work in conjunction with the IRCC to get news. I am STILL waiting for GCMS notes ordered in June. The last update I had on my file was that it took IRCC 8 months to ask for an update from security partners (this was in March). We are now at 22 months in process, 17 of those in security check.
Yes their answer its like that. “It is out of their control.”

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
Thank you. We finally got PR Feb 2023 after being in security check from July 2021 to November 2022. CBSA had our file the whole time, got my MP involved.