+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone stuck in Spousal PR security check over 1 year (not criminality but security background check) Please join here

India Punjab singh

Apr 1, 2023
I applied for visitor visa on 03 December 2022.additional documents of military service details sent on 28 feb 2023.eligibility passed. Security is in progress since last 7 months. No result till date.

RavJas

Jun 2, 2021
I applied for visitor visa on 03 December 2022.additional documents of military service details sent on 28 feb 2023.eligibility passed. Security is in progress since last 7 months. No result till date.
Same for PR , stuck in ss since Jan. 2023, PP and ADR was in Nov.2022 for job.

Gill4guri

Aug 18, 2022
1st set of GCMS notes show file sent to CBSA and say:
7/29/21 - submitted for security check
11/16/21 update will be requested to partners regarding bkg checks
3/3/22 update requested
NOTE: It took 8 months to request an update

In May 2022 I ordered new GCMS notes and have yet to received them. One months ago I filed a complaint with the Office of the Information commissioner to get the GCMS notes and am still waiting
Did you get any reply from ircc Our file is stuck at background check too

Gill4guri

Aug 18, 2022
Mandatory 2 year military. clean police record, no gov't jobs. I'm aware Mexico is slow but I've seen them processing file in 8-10 months lately. Background check has been with CBSA and I think file has been transferred to Vancouver office although can't find that VO as one that processes files (or anything about it for that matter). Can't figure out why so slow to do this check and we would like to get our lives started. It looks like most people who go into such a long background check are in it for 2-3 years or have to do a writ of mandamus. Trying to get an idea of some timelines for this. Mental health deteriorating with this long wait.
I’m also one of them I want to know what should we do?

Gill4guri

Aug 18, 2022
Bonjour,
Je suis dans la même situation exactement. Toutes les étapes sont terminées pour moi, mais je n'ai pas l'autorisation d'aller passer l'EMI parce que les vérifications de "sécurité" sont en cours avec L'AFSC depuis presque un an. Moi j'ai reçu mes notes au dossier de l'agent, dont j'avais demandé, je n'ai rien lu comme doute, sauf c'est noté "sécurité en cours" et tout le reste est correct. J'étais dans l'armée aussi pendant un certain temps, mais je n'y suis plus. Vous n'êtes pas seul. Ma femme ne sait plus à quel saint se vouer et moi non plus. Nous ne faisons qu'attendre et notre demande est en cours depuis 35 mois déjà. Une vraie galère et la santé mentale est en train de prendre un coup.

N.B Si quelqu'un a une solution ou une idée il est prié de le partager
Did you find any solution we are in same boat

Gill4guri

Aug 18, 2022
I'm 100% sure of this. I'm hoping to find some others in same situation. It's draining with no end in sight. I can't even get my GCMS notes to see if they've done anything on the file.
is there any solution we are in same boat? Stuck on security I read your thread

Gill4guri

Aug 18, 2022
We are in month 19 of application, 14 of those in security check. When we applied timeline was 12 months processing. I know that IRCC has moved the goalpost to try to lessen the amount of Writs of Mandamus filed, but one has to prepare. There is some pre-exisiting duty is there not?
Did you get any update on your file plz reply same situation

Marwanjo88

Jan 19, 2023
I have everything completed except the background check. I have been stuck since November 2022, which is approximately 11 months, knowing that I am from Jordan and have not served any government service.

Marwanjo88

Jan 19, 2023
You can file a mandamus if your application has passed posted avg processing time
I have everything completed except the background check. I have been stuck since November 2022, which is approximately 11 months, knowing that I am from Jordan and have not served any government service

Marwanjo88

Jan 19, 2023
You can file a mandamus if your application has passed posted avg processing time
I have everything completed except the background check. I have been stuck since November 2022, which is approximately 11 months, knowing that I am from Jordan and have not served any government service

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Did you get any update on your file plz reply same situation
hi Gill - the person you are asking, already got their PR in Feb 2023. Here's their response:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-stuck-in-spousal-pr-security-check-over-1-year-not-criminality-but-security-background-check-please-join-here.776351/post-10567010

Unfortunately, the moment we get our application finalized, we live this forum indefinitely and never check if anyone needs any help or guidance from our experience.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
To everyone who has their application stuck in Background Check....forever....its usually CBSA sleeping on your file or something that sort.

What you may need to do is :

1) Ask your sponsor to order the GCMS Notes. Only takes $5 to do so. Will take a month to get that. Once you get it in email, get back on this forum. Search for "GCMS Notes" you will find a thread with title like - GCMS Notes - best explanation....It will teach you how to read the GCMS Notes.
2) involve MP. Ask your sponsor to write a brief, convincing email to their MP - so that they can get some answers on what is causing the delay. email should stress that there is an usual delay in Background Check. And you are concerned that your file has been lost in the system as other applicants from your country, who applied on similar dates - already got their Passport Requests 6-12 months back (or however long ago).
3) Send a webform to the Visa Office - Ask them what is causing the delay. They will come back with an answer.

But please act - just leaving it and forgetting it will not help it.

Reactions: SKGUG