+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone out there that has timeline for home support worker pilot program!!

jordan829

Jan 8, 2021
Hi there,

I am wondering if there is anybody out here that shared the same situation with us. I am an applicant from the Philipines for Home Support Worker Pilot Program. I submitted my application last March 11, 2020 and the following day, I got a request for biometrics, we completed our biometrics March 12, 2020, then April 17, 2020 we got a letter confirming our biometrics then up to today - no news heard yet.

I understand, we are in the middle of the pandemic and that could affect processing time. I have been checking the website for this program and it says that processing time is 12 months. I am few months short of 12 months now. I guess, I am desperate for any news.

The Philippines processing time last May was about 37 weeks for working visa however recently, they have been changing it to 10 weeks and I think the most recent one now is 9 weeks.

Anybody here, that shared the same situation with us? Please share your story.

Thanks again. Stay safe!!

IMG_Igor

Jul 5, 2020
Hi there,

I am wondering if there is anybody out here that shared the same situation with us. I am an applicant from the Philipines for Home Support Worker Pilot Program. I submitted my application last March 11, 2020 and the following day, I got a request for biometrics, we completed our biometrics March 12, 2020, then April 17, 2020 we got a letter confirming our biometrics then up to today - no news heard yet.

I understand, we are in the middle of the pandemic and that could affect processing time. I have been checking the website for this program and it says that processing time is 12 months. I am few months short of 12 months now. I guess, I am desperate for any news.

The Philippines processing time last May was about 37 weeks for working visa however recently, they have been changing it to 10 weeks and I think the most recent one now is 9 weeks.

Anybody here, that shared the same situation with us? Please share your story.

Thanks again. Stay safe!!

Hi !

I also applied in March 2020.
No progress whatsoever.
Our current situation is terrible indeed. IRCC is not processing any new application since February 2020 despite many, many other programs being processed.

Hence the Pandemic is not to be blamed for this.

They don't care about this program, it is not their priority right now.
This is utterly unfair!

Guess we have to wait once more.

Kencey31

Jan 22, 2021
Hi,

I applied last September 2019 they received my application october. I got my medical request and biometrics for me and my family last January 30,2020. We did the medical 2nd week of february 2020. Until now I don’t have any update yet it’s been almost a year since our medical. I’m inside Canada applicant.

MelayOcampo17

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Hi,

I applied last September 2019 they received my application october. I got my medical request and biometrics for me and my family last January 30,2020. We did the medical 2nd week of february 2020. Until now I don’t have any update yet it’s been almost a year since our medical. I’m inside Canada applicant.
Hi, I am wondering so in a span of a year. what is your status? does your employer extend your contract?

Kencey31

Jan 22, 2021
I submitted an application for bridging open work permit together with my PR application last september 2019 and received a 1 year OWP approval last january 30,2020. And I applied again an extension for OWP last november 2020 and I got an approval of a 1 year OWP yesterday.

Reactions: hbenu

jordan829

Jan 8, 2021
Hi !

I also applied in March 2020.
No progress whatsoever.
Our current situation is terrible indeed. IRCC is not processing any new application since February 2020 despite many, many other programs being processed.

Hence the Pandemic is not to be blamed for this.

They don't care about this program, it is not their priority right now.
This is utterly unfair!

Guess we have to wait once more.

jordan829

Jan 8, 2021
what country, you are applying from? Did you received anything from them after you submitted your application last March 2020??

jordan829

Jan 8, 2021
Hi,

jordan829

Jan 8, 2021
That must be hard for you and your family, it seems that you are close since you have completed the medical part. Have you considered giving the immigration a call since you are already in Canada, there should be a local number that you can call to follow up. It is hard for us overseas to make a phone call to the immigration in Canada as it would be such a high cost in long distance bill or I would have done it already (probably everyday I will bug them till I got some answer)
I hope you will hear from them soon and yes, keep us posted. sending you positive thoughts.

Reactions: lingC

jordan829

Jan 8, 2021
I submitted an application for bridging open work permit together with my PR application last september 2019 and received a 1 year OWP approval last january 30,2020. And I applied again an extension for OWP last november 2020 and I got an approval of a 1 year OWP yesterday.