+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone out there that has timeline for home support worker pilot program!!

jordan829

Jan 8, 2021
I thought so too...I am close to 12 months since we did an online application from outside Canada, I am hoping and praying that it would not take any more than 12 months...
have you applied to this program before??

jordan829

Jan 8, 2021
Hi !

I also applied in March 2020.
No progress whatsoever.
Our current situation is terrible indeed. IRCC is not processing any new application since February 2020 despite many, many other programs being processed.

Hence the Pandemic is not to be blamed for this.

They don't care about this program, it is not their priority right now.
This is utterly unfair!

Guess we have to wait once more.

jordan829

Jan 8, 2021
I shared the same frustration with you, waiting is the hardest part specially if you don't know when and how long you will keep your fingers crossed!! I just hoped that it wouldn't be that long. I understand, they have other priorities to focus on but I am just hoping that they will see our worth that we can also contribute and be a part of a solution.

Reactions: roye

Babe1602

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hello everyone. I'm an outside applicant please help me with the application form below if the dependant spouse still need to fill it up even though he's not accompanying me (later after finishing the contract)

Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1295)
Who must fill out this application form?

Each person who needs a work permit must fill out this form.

Joe19

Feb 16, 2021
I thought so too...I am close to 12 months since we did an online application from outside Canada, I am hoping and praying that it would not take any more than 12 months...
have you applied to this program before??
hi! how did you do the online application? the new pilot is a paper-based application, right? thanks for the info

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
hi! how did you do the online application? the new pilot is a paper-based application, right? thanks for the info
The new pilot programs are paper-based? Where did you get this info? I thought it's all online.

Trumpet

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi there,

I am wondering if there is anybody out here that shared the same situation with us. I am an applicant from the Philipines for Home Support Worker Pilot Program. I submitted my application last March 11, 2020 and the following day, I got a request for biometrics, we completed our biometrics March 12, 2020, then April 17, 2020 we got a letter confirming our biometrics then up to today - no news heard yet.

I understand, we are in the middle of the pandemic and that could affect processing time. I have been checking the website for this program and it says that processing time is 12 months. I am few months short of 12 months now. I guess, I am desperate for any news.

The Philippines processing time last May was about 37 weeks for working visa however recently, they have been changing it to 10 weeks and I think the most recent one now is 9 weeks.

Anybody here, that shared the same situation with us? Please share your story.

Thanks again. Stay safe!!
I am waiting it for 15months, without any updates.

jordan829

Jan 8, 2021
When I was about to submit my application, I went to VFS office (in my case it was in Cebu, Philippines), I was told to submit online (the program was just fairly new - about a year after they announce it) so I created an account from gc key (login for government of canada IRCC) and I scanned all our documents - the next day they sent us confirmation of our application, ask for biometrics - we got lucky to do it the next day because the Philippines went on lock down after a week and I got confirmation of our biometrics last April 2020 - but no update after.
I follow up my application through web form last week and they said, it is still in process and that they are doing their best but there are delays due to covid.

jordan829

Jan 8, 2021
The new pilot programs are paper-based? Where did you get this info? I thought it's all online.

It is paper based. Because they need some original document.
At that time, I was told by VFS (Cebu, Philippines) to do an online application so I created a gc key login and scanned all our documents - I got confirmation that they have received my application and requested biometrics and we received the correspondence with regards to biometrics but so far though, no updates yet.
Who told you that this program is only paper based application? Now - I am no longer sure if the VFS was correct in asking us to send it online. I know the program is new and they don't really have a lot of information to share...
I checked the canada.ca website and they did not say that they are only accepting paper based application --

jordan829

Jan 8, 2021
I created a profile/login information through gc key login (IRCC government of canada) and submitted our documents online.
If you search canada.ca home support worker pilot program, they did not say submit the application through paper based..and we were told by VFS (cebu, philippines office) to do it online back then.

Now, I am no longer sure why other people got information that this program is paper based only - i am so confused.

bonefree13

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
I created a profile/login information through gc key login (IRCC government of canada) and submitted our documents online.
If you search canada.ca home support worker pilot program, they did not say submit the application through paper based..and we were told by VFS (cebu, philippines office) to do it online back then.

Now, I am no longer sure why other people got information that this program is paper based only - i am so confused.
Home child care provider pilot and Home support worker pilot are paper-based application only. Here's the link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker/no-experience-apply.html

jordan829

Jan 8, 2021
Home child care provider pilot and Home support worker pilot are paper-based application only. Here's the link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker/no-experience-apply.html
thanks for the link. I was on this page so many times and I know that there was an instruction where to mail the application should one go for paper based. Though it was not clear to me if the IRCC are only doing paper based and online is not acceptable (the website does not mentioned it there that this program only accept paper based route--- at least in my understanding and maybe the VFS in Cebu thought the same way)

I am now extremely confused first, we were told by VFS to submit it online, second, IRCC responded and gave us a file/application number and UCI as well and in the status of our application they said the are processing it and will contact us once final decision has been made, third, in the guide they said if it is incomplete (i am assuming not the right route of application included) they will return the application and won't give a file number but we have a file number and they are responding to us so many times through our follow up.
In the instruction guide it says that if that if your application is complete, we will give you a file number...which we happened to have one...

I don't know anymore ----I am just hoping for a favorable outcome with regards to this...