+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got request to upload CV? Why CIC needs CV/Resume?

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello everyone,
This is my first posting in this forum here& in fact I just signed up a minute ago in CanadaVisa :D. So it would be my greatest pleasure to be here with you all..
Yesterday, I received a letter from Visa office requesting to give them my CV or outlining my activities from 2013-2019. Do you guys think it would be normal that they ask for CV from an applicant who applied under the spousal sponsorship program? Moreover, Do you think that it is a bad signal that they asked for my CV?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hello everyone,
This is my first posting in this forum here& in fact I just signed up a minute ago in CanadaVisa :D. So it would be my greatest pleasure to be here with you all..
Yesterday, I received a letter from Visa office requesting to give them my CV or outlining my activities from 2013-2019. Do you guys think it would be normal that they ask for CV from an applicant who applied under the spousal sponsorship program? Moreover, Do you think that it is a bad signal that they asked for my CV?
It's been done so many times before and I personally been asked to provide the same. This is usually an indication that your background check have been conducted and it's not in anyway a bad thing.

So do as you been told, and make sure that your C.V. aligns with information you have already provided in your eAPR filing.

Regards

Reactions: Amir1523

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
It's been done so many times before and I personally been asked to provide the same. This is usually an indication that your background check have been conducted and it's not in anyway a bad thing.

So do as you been told, and make sure that your C.V. aligns with information you have already provided in your eAPR filing.

Regards
Thank you for your reply&useful hint:). Cherish the hope, we all will get a good response soon.
As I already wrote these information regarding my education&personal history in form "IMM5669(Schedule A background)" for my application, I just worried that why I am asked again for the same set of info. In fact, I have been studying at the university since 2013 and do not have much job experience to write for C.V.
Should I write about my personal experiences, skills and hobbies instead? I mean is there any acceptable CV template for IRCC that I can download online to fill in and then shoot it over to them?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thank you for your reply&useful hint:). Cherish the hope, we all will get a good response soon.
As I already wrote these information regarding my education&personal history in form "IMM5669(Schedule A background)" for my application, I just worried that why I am asked again for the same set of info. In fact, I have been studying at the university since 2013 and do not have much job experience to write for C.V.
Should I write about my personal experiences, skills and hobbies instead? I mean is there any acceptable CV template for IRCC that I can download online to fill in and then shoot it over to them?
Have a proper CV. If you don't have experience and this does match up with personal history section then don't mention it.

As for templets, just use any .. they aren't going hire you :D

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Have a proper CV. If you don't have experience and this does match up with personal history section then don't mention it.

As for templets, just use any .. they aren't going hire you :D
Thanks a thousand times :) It seems we are in a waiting game, good luck to you

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thanks a thousand times :) It seems we are in a waiting game, good luck to you
Goodluck to you man

Am done with this process two last month. It took them about two months after they send me this specific request to push for my PPR. Not sure if it's a benchmark for you to aim for but it does seem like a trend that your application will at least sit for another 4-5 weeks after any ADR related to background check.

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Goodluck to you man

Am done with this process two last month. It took them about two months after they send me this specific request to push for my PPR. Not sure if it's a benchmark for you to aim for but it does seem like a trend that your application will at least sit for another 4-5 weeks after any ADR related to background check.
Excellent, so many congratulations to you, I am happy to hear that you got your PPR and I wish that every step in your life goes to the best way. :)
My application is under spousal sponsorship category, hopefully I can also join my wife as soon as possible.

Reactions: yiso91

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Excellent, so many congratulations to you, I am happy to hear that you got your PPR and I wish that every step in your life goes to the best way. :)
My application is under spousal sponsorship category, hopefully I can also join my wife as soon as possible.
Well, you gotta wait for it as this program isn't at IRCC's high priority list compared to Express Entry programs and Entrepreneurship programs. But nonetheless, I hope you get it soon man

Goodluck
Regards

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello, keep hopes up and hopefully you all are doing well.
Although a day before yesterday, I uploaded the requested CV using my GCkey account but there is something odd about it. I mean do you guys can see at least the name of your uploaded file somewhere in your GCKey account?
I am worry about it as later on I can not provide any evidence which proves that I have successfully uploaded the requested CV before the deadline.

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I'm a Phd student too and I have one dependent, my spouse. Also, my eligibility and background check are both in process at the same time. Neither is clear yet. I have a student visa but outside Canada. I wonder if I can order gcms notes
Hi there,
Have you received PPR or still waiting?

Last edited:

Syed Areeb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
Guys anyone got following ADRs:
1) CV
2) Schedule-A
3) Travel History
4) Grad Kit.
My AOR-20 October 2020, Visa Office-Ottawa.
When i got my GCMS on 22 Feb 2020, generated on 31 Jan 2020
My eligibility is= Recommended Pass.
Info Sharing= Complete.
No Travel History, but I work in Government Engineering Organization of Pakistan.
Got above ADRs on 10th March 2020 near end of 5th month.
I will complete my 6 months in April 2020.
Do you think i am insecurity screening due to my government job in engineering organization of Pakistan.
CSIS is working in CO-VID situation. I have to wait for near an year ??

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Guys anyone got following ADRs:
1) CV
2) Schedule-A
3) Travel History
4) Grad Kit.
My AOR-20 October 2020, Visa Office-Ottawa.
When i got my GCMS on 22 Feb 2020, generated on 31 Jan 2020
My eligibility is= Recommended Pass.
Info Sharing= Complete.
No Travel History, but I work in Government Engineering Organization of Pakistan.
Got above ADRs on 10th March 2020 near end of 5th month.
I will complete my 6 months in April 2020.
Do you think i am insecurity screening due to my government job in engineering organization of Pakistan.
CSIS is working in CO-VID situation. I have to wait for near an year ??
You keep asking the same question again and again in every single thread... :confused:
You have been answered already: yes, this request (and you could read this thread, for example, and find a lot of examples) is a very common sign of Security screening. Just order another set of GCMS Notes to be sure. No one can tell you, how much time you will have to wait (especially considering the current situation with COVID-19): sometimes it get cleared in several weeks, sometimes it take 1-2 years.

Reactions: Syed Areeb

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Ohh means I have to order GCMS now...Thankyou for your feedback.
Yes, if you want to be 100%, whether you are in Security screening or not. Security is always the last stage of application processing, it usually takes place after eligibility is passed. As you could see in your notes dated from January 31st, your eligibility was marked as 'recommended pass'. By March 10th (when you recieved your ADR), senior officer should've reviewed your eligibility and marked it as 'passed' and most likely initiated Security screening process, to complete which they requested those additional documents. If your get fresh notes, you should see if the Security screening was initiated around March 10th or not.

Reactions: Syed Areeb