+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got request to upload CV? Why CIC needs CV/Resume?

rosu1991

Sep 6, 2019
Hi everyone

Could someone please help me with some doubts

Our 6 month timeframe has lapsed non aug 27th and Sep 5th we got new adr for additional family information imm5406 within 7 days.
Only medical and bio metrics have been cleared.
Rest everything like eligibility background is under process.
So how long will it take.
Really worried about the time it's taking to process

Sep 25, 2019
If it helps, I got the same request to upload CV/Resume + Supplementary Information form for students (weird) merely 5 months after AOR when I was hoping for PPR. Turns out nationalities other than Iranian may get this too.

I'm NOC 2171 - cybersecurity/IT work. MS in Computer Science from one of the top 10 US engineering schools. BS in Software Engineering from a US university too. Speak French. Applied to FSW EXPRESS ENTRY.

Citizenship: India
US green card holder (been living there since 17 yo) and have a UK residence permit as well.

Previously have held US/UK/Canada tourist/work/student visas.
No criminal record/adverse information.

Timeline:

ITA: April 3, 2019 (received ~next day of submitting profile)
Application Submitted: April 15, 2019
AoR: April 16, 2019
Background check set to: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Medical Passed/R10 OK'd/Recommendation Pass (as per GCMS): May 27, 2019
Same day background check status set to: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Biometrics Requested: May 28th 2019. Biometric submitted same day/completed May 29th 2019 according to CIC.
Suspected IP2: Sep 21, 2019: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Additional Documents Requested: Sep 23, 2019: CV/Resume + SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS
ADR submitted: Sep 24, 2019
Sep 25th:
Additional Documents status changed to: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. BG remains in progress.

PPR?: Waiting... YAWN.

Of course, at this point I have given up hope for a PPR and best to enjoy life.

Thanks.
PS: If you are wondering why am I applying to Canada despite being a US/UK permit holder, long story. Let's just say, US is certainly out of the bag for me in the long run. Circumstances and multiple factors. And UK isn't quite like North America, infrastructure wise IMHO.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019
Guys, any update? I have ordered the note two months ago but I have not received it yet after 60 days.
That is odd. If you used GetGCMS you may be able to email them asking for a status update. The IRCC (according to one of GetGCMS' latest emails) is able to provide them with bi-weekly status updates. From the sound of it though, it seems your application may have been placed in Security and therefore the notes are being withheld.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
If it helps, I got the same request to upload CV/Resume + Supplementary Information form for students (weird) merely 5 months after AOR when I was hoping for PPR. Turns out nationalities other than Iranian may get this too.

I'm NOC 2171 - cybersecurity/IT work. MS in Computer Science from one of the top 10 US engineering schools. BS in Software Engineering from a US university too. Speak French. Applied to FSW EXPRESS ENTRY.

Citizenship: India
US green card holder (been living there since 17 yo) and have a UK residence permit as well.

Previously have held US/UK/Canada tourist/work/student visas.
No criminal record/adverse information.

Timeline:

ITA: April 3, 2019 (received ~next day of submitting profile)
Application Submitted: April 15, 2019
AoR: April 16, 2019
Background check set to: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Medical Passed/R10 OK'd/Recommendation Pass (as per GCMS): May 27, 2019
Same day background check status set to: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Biometrics Requested: May 28th 2019. Biometric submitted same day/completed May 29th 2019 according to CIC.
Suspected IP2: Sep 21, 2019: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Additional Documents Requested: Sep 23, 2019: CV/Resume + SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS
ADR submitted: Sep 24, 2019
Sep 25th:
Additional Documents status changed to: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. BG remains in progress.

PPR?: Waiting... YAWN.

Of course, at this point I have given up hope for a PPR and best to enjoy life.

Thanks.
PS: If you are wondering why am I applying to Canada despite being a US/UK permit holder, long story. Let's just say, US is certainly out of the bag for me in the long run. Circumstances and multiple factors. And UK isn't quite like North America, infrastructure wise IMHO.
I have had the same request already. Any updates on your end?

Sep 25, 2019
I have had the same request already. Any updates on your end?
I'm not sure if my signature is visible but here's the updated timeline. Highlighted in red below.

Timeline:
April 3, 2019
ITA received ~next day of submitting profile.
April 15, 2019: Application Submitted
April 16, 2019: AoR/acknowledgement of receipt
May 27, 2019: Medical Passed/R10 OK'd/Recommendation Pass (as per GCMS)
May 28th 2019: Biometrics Requested: Biometric submitted same day. Completed May 29th 2019 according to IRCC/CIC.
Sep 21, 2019: Suspected IP2: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Sep 23, 2019: Additional Documents Requested:
1. CV/Resume
2. SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS (details about thesis/PhD/supervisors) - was not applicable to me and I wrote so.
Sep 24, 2019: ADR submitted ^.
Sep 25th: Additional Documents status changed to: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. BG remains in progress.
September 27, 2019: Additional Documents Requested again :// (now I'm getting annoyed)
1. Schedule A - a separate, newly completed, bearing an original signature
2. IMM5562 Supplementary Information Your Travels
Oct 2, 2019: Submitted ADR #2 ^
As a courtesy I also submitted a Police Certificate that I ordered using an 'expedited' service for another country I had now spent >180 days in (but not on the date I had submitted by original application)
Oct 3, 2019:
Additional Documents statys changed to: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. (Previously was: "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details")
Background check remains the same ("We are processing...").
Awaiting further updates... No PPR. Completion due Oct 16, 2019 (but I doubt it).

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
I'm not sure if my signature is visible but here's the updated timeline. Highlighted in red below.

Timeline:
April 3, 2019
ITA received ~next day of submitting profile.
April 15, 2019: Application Submitted
April 16, 2019: AoR/acknowledgement of receipt
May 27, 2019: Medical Passed/R10 OK'd/Recommendation Pass (as per GCMS)
May 28th 2019: Biometrics Requested: Biometric submitted same day. Completed May 29th 2019 according to IRCC/CIC.
Sep 21, 2019: Suspected IP2: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Sep 23, 2019: Additional Documents Requested:
1. CV/Resume
2. SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS (details about thesis/PhD/supervisors) - was not applicable to me and I wrote so.
Sep 24, 2019: ADR submitted ^.
Sep 25th: Additional Documents status changed to: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. BG remains in progress.
September 27, 2019: Additional Documents Requested again :// (now I'm getting annoyed)
1. Schedule A - a separate, newly completed, bearing an original signature
2. IMM5562 Supplementary Information Your Travels
Oct 2, 2019: Submitted ADR #2 ^
As a courtesy I also submitted a Police Certificate that I ordered using an 'expedited' service for another country I had now spent >180 days in (but not on the date I had submitted by original application)
Oct 3, 2019:
Additional Documents statys changed to: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. (Previously was: "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details")
Background check remains the same ("We are processing...").
Awaiting further updates... No PPR. Completion due Oct 16, 2019 (but I doubt it).
I had exactly the same requests and in both cases i had one ghost after each deadline elapsed not sure if this mean anything.
No PPR for me yet

Sep 25, 2019
I had exactly the same requests and in both cases i had one ghost after each deadline elapsed not sure if this mean anything.
No PPR for me yet
That's interesting indeed. 'Ghost updates' are usually a good sign (of at least the application moving forward if not PPR coming soon) but the more I read into these forums, the more it looks like CIC is largely unpredictable. All the best mate and feel free to update me! :)

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
That's interesting indeed. 'Ghost updates' are usually a good sign (of at least the application moving forward if not PPR coming soon) but the more I read into these forums, the more it looks like CIC is largely unpredictable. All the best mate and feel free to update me! :)
Well, it really depends on your processing office, usually for Sydney they normally have three GU before a PPR is triggered where its only one for Ottawa, however this pattern can change depending on ADR's , at least that's the pattern with my file and others in this forum.

and YES, IRCC is quite unpredictable

Anyway, Goodluck to you as well

Regards

lucky321

Dec 14, 2013
Hi everyone! Like most of you I also had received ADR for CV and was worried that it will take months to process as I will enter Comprehensive security screening but it Didn't happen. I believe it depends from case to case and advise all that any gaps in career must be clearly mentioned in CV or LOE during submission.
Here's my timeline-
ITA: 10 Jan 2019
AOR: 5 Mar 2019
MEP/BIL: 18 April 2019
Biometrics: 23 April 2019
Called CIC on 5th Sept 19 (No major update everything in progress)
First Ghost: 10 Sep 19
ADR: 26 Sep 19 (CV and Supplementary info. for students request form)
ADR submitted: 30 Sept 19
Called CIC on 7 Oct 19 (eligibility and criminality passed, security in progress)
Second Ghost: 17 Oct 19 IST 3:00 am
PPR email: 18 Oct 19 IST 3:00 am
FSW- India
Applied GCMS on 10th July but haven't received even after 3 months. Applied for CBSA notes on 15 Oct 19.
Raised webform once but got only a generic reply.
Hope everyone gets their PPR soon!

Reactions: qdee and Fangfang

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hi everyone! Like most of you I also had received ADR for CV and was worried that it will take months to process as I will enter Comprehensive security screening but it Didn't happen. I believe it depends from case to case and advise all that any gaps in career must be clearly mentioned in CV or LOE during submission.
Here's my timeline-
ITA: 10 Jan 2019
AOR: 5 Mar 2019
MEP/BIL: 18 April 2019
Biometrics: 23 April 2019
Called CIC on 5th Sept 19 (No major update everything in progress)
First Ghost: 10 Sep 19
ADR: 26 Sep 19 (CV and Supplementary info. for students request form)
ADR submitted: 30 Sept 19
Called CIC on 7 Oct 19 (eligibility and criminality passed, security in progress)
Second Ghost: 17 Oct 19 IST 3:00 am
PPR email: 18 Oct 19 IST 3:00 am
FSW- India
Applied GCMS on 10th July but haven't received even after 3 months. Applied for CBSA notes on 15 Oct 19.
Raised webform once but got only a generic reply.
Hope everyone gets their PPR soon!
I had one ghost update after submitting the ADR only to be followed by another ADR .. I guess Am that unlucky to get two ADR's in a row

Halim92

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I received a request for: Travel history, Schedule A and CV. I believe that is in somehow related to security screening. What can I expect here guys ?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
I received a request for: Travel history, Schedule A and CV. I believe that is in somehow related to security screening. What can I expect here guys ?
Just submit these documents , it's should be nothing too serious