+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got OWP under new reunification program for OUTLAND applicants?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Did anyone got OWP while being outland applicant and came to Canada on TRV? Please share your success with us!

I think some statistics might help us better understand the current state of affairs regarding this policy.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I'll bump this question.
Please, if anyone is in the process share with us your current timeline. It would also be beneficial as to understanding the real processing time.
If you could share whether or not you submitted any additional information, followed the SOWP submission guide (or not) that would be great as well.

Trini star

Jan 1, 2022
Hi you all
So if a person come to Canada with this trv and get open work permit and the pr application is processed
Does the person have to return to the home country to get the pr visa or will it be obtained in canada?

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
I am part of a whatsapp group where I have definitely seen people getting OWP via the new policiy for outland applicants who are visitor in Canada: https://chat.whatsapp.com/GjZ3ogjsXdR2pliwwxpX9f

The timelines I am seeing are 4 to 5 months. One person wrote to their MP after 4 months and go OWP approved a few days later.
Of course, as we know, we have seen also people getting OWP rejected due to having submitted an outland application despite living in Canada from the day they submitted the OWP.

Reactions: ERCAN

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am part of a whatsapp group where I have definitely seen people getting OWP via the new policiy for outland applicants who are visitor in Canada: https://chat.whatsapp.com/GjZ3ogjsXdR2pliwwxpX9f

The timelines I am seeing are 4 to 5 months. One person wrote to their MP after 4 months and go OWP approved a few days later.
Of course, as we know, we have seen also people getting OWP rejected due to having submitted an outland application despite living in Canada from the day they submitted the OWP.
Them getting OWP is likely just a coincidence. MPs can’t get OWP approved.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023

People often withhold important information about them so I'm more inclined to believe that those who get refused somehow caused it.

But good to know that people are getting the owp

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
Has anyone witnessed more outland OWP applications being rejected or so it was only the couple already discussed a while ago?

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
I just go final decision on my OWP and biometrics letter. It is likely been approved!

I had just submitted my visitor status extension application (1 week ago), I think that prompted IRCC to make a final decision on my OWP (my speculation).

Reactions: ERCAN

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I just go final decision on my OWP and biometrics letter. It is likely been approved!

I had just submitted my visitor status extension application (1 week ago), I think that prompted IRCC to make a final decision on my OWP (my speculation).
Wanted to ask you if you got any restrictions on the OWP? Like the obligation to stay in Quebec or something?

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
Wanted to ask you if you got any restrictions on the OWP? Like the obligation to stay in Quebec or something?
No restrictions of this sort, but obviously if I exit Canada, it is not guaranteed I will be let back in (very unlikely though).
I am not authorised to study.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I imagine the MP can give a nudge to the IRCC officer.
MPs have minimal influence on IRCC cases. If anything their case may have potentially been highlighting for processing legroom. Equally possible that no intervention from you or the MP could have lead to faster processing time. In general MPS have no control as to immigration files unless they are substantially over the processing times that others are experiencing. That is many months to over a year not a few days or weeks.

akh136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2019
Hello guys, need some guidance for TRV under new reunification measures. Is there a dedicated thread on it please ?