Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
CrazyLucy said:
My two letters were hopefully sent off on Thursday. I'm expecting them sometime this week or next. If I dont hear from them with 2 weeks, I'm gonna have to really start raising hell. Calling Canada Post, consider a P.O box and seeing what's going on with CIC-V. I've checked my E-Cas a million times to check if my address was typed in correct. And it is. Seeing people who have roughly the same timeline as me getting AIP while I;m waiting for silly letters is making me pretty annoyed.
I'm happy your 2 letters were sent. Unfortunately Canada Post will probably go on strike on june 3 rd. If that happens you should call CIC to see what you can do about this and if something can be done. I'm waiting for some letters too (like landing interview appointment) and i hope strike will not start or at least it will be over soon. i heard CIC can send emails alternatively to cope with the strike situation. But of course until june 3 rd we will not know what kind of strike it will be

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Teriskier said:
CSQ application goes in the mail tomorrow :D
did you send it expresspost? probably it will make it before strike is likely to begin, just on time

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Inlandappl said:
I'm happy your 2 letters were sent. Unfortunately Canada Post will probably go on strike on june 3 rd. If that happens you should call CIC to see how to you can do about this and if something can be done. I'm waiting for some letters too (like landing interview appointment) and i hope strike will not start or at least it will be over soon. i heard CIC can send emails alternatively to cope with the strike situation. But of course until june 3 rd we will not know what kind of strike it will be
Is it possible for them to send fax or e-mail for inlanders? I know they do that for outlanders sometimes. Probably to save money on postage. I know that strike is coming up. Which is an extra bummer for me. I've been expecting letters for a long time now and I'm still not getting them due to this hold up. Not much I can do but wait. So much waiting. I'd love to just get on with my life. Haha. Oh well.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Inlandappl said:
did you send it expresspost? probably it will make it before strike is likely to begin, just on time
Sent it UPS...as to avoid Canada Post, I hope this strike doesn't make too much of a mess!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Teriskier said:
Sent it UPS...as to avoid Canada Post, I hope this strike doesn't make too much of a mess!
well at least if you sent it UPS it should get there even when the strike is on

lonelyinca

Mar 21, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
+July 2011
Doc's Request.
+++June 2012
File Transfer...
++Sept 2011
Med's Request
+++June 2012
Med's Done....
++++July 2012
Passport Req..
+++++Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
++++++Dec 2012
Hey salut guys,

im starting the process soon, im sponsoring my wife (she's living out of country) and im a canadian citizen in quebec.

if i understand this right, we get a approval letter from CIC then we go ahead with quebec filing? do we have to download seperate quebec forms or they mail us? im not sure about that. thank u.

RedAlert

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Near Montreal QC.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
lonelyinca said:
Hey salut guys,

im starting the process soon, im sponsoring my wife (she's living out of country) and im a canadian citizen in quebec.

if i understand this right, we get a approval letter from CIC then we go ahead with quebec filing? do we have to download seperate quebec forms or they mail us? im not sure about that. thank u.
Hi, you will have to fill in separate forms for the MICC, Undertaking application etc. and send it in with your letter of approval from CIC. You can download all the info plus the forms on the MICC site.
About a month later you should be receiving your answer and your CSQ.
Good luck!!
:))

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Hey fellow QC inlanders. My time is getting closer, I have already sent in my info for MICC (about 2 weeks ago now) and I am just keeping my fingers crossed that everything is approved.

For all of you that have completed the process, did you receive both AIP and PR at the same time? For anyone in Montreal how long between PR and landing interview? I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I do want to be prepared for what should be coming in the next few weeks.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Teriskier said:
Hey fellow QC inlanders. My time is getting closer, I have already sent in my info for MICC (about 2 weeks ago now) and I am just keeping my fingers crossed that everything is approved.

For all of you that have completed the process, did you receive both AIP and PR at the same time? For anyone in Montreal how long between PR and landing interview? I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I do want to be prepared for what should be coming in the next few weeks.
you should receive CSQ in probably 1 week or slightly more. I received both AIP and PR at the same time 2 weeks after having received CSQ. then they sent my file to Montreal for the landing interview but they made a mistake because my CIC office is Quebec City (that is still 650 km from where i live), so they sent everything again to quebec city the last week of may. they told me waiting time for CIC quebec to schedule a landing interview is 2 months. so I'm waiting.... On this forum it seemed that waiting times for Montreal were better
the whole process from application received in Vegreville(6 july 2010) to AIP and PR(29 april 2011) lasted 9 months and 3 weeks

RedAlert

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Near Montreal QC.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Hi, our application was completed and the letter is dated on the 31 May 2011. Since then, we're waiting for the landing date in Montreal, no news yet.... :( I don't know the timelines for CIC Montreal but I've seen others here being contacted much sooner, someone even getting a phone call the day after receiving their letter.
Gotta be patient i guess.... :mad:
RedAlert

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
Hello Inlandappl,

I am still waiting for second letter. Really don't know what to do. Can't apply for Quebec selection :(

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Bubli said:
Hello Inlandappl,

I am still waiting for second letter. Really don't know what to do. Can't apply for Quebec selection :(
Bubli, i was searching in your previous posts and i saw that on the 27 th of april you said that one of you two (sponsor or sponsored person) received a letter... which letter? did you call the call centre? because usually both of you must receive this letter that tells you to go on with MICC. maybe one of the two letters was lost in the mail. tell me more so that i can help you...

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
As far as I know the sponsored person doesn't receive a letter. At least: I didn't. Maybe they only send the second letter when you don't live together on the same address?

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:
As far as I know the sponsored person doesn't receive a letter. At least: I didn't. Maybe they only send the second letter when you don't live together on the same address?
we received two letters in all occasions. when we received the letter to go on with MICC and when we received AIP and Pr at the same time.Thats what i recall. letters where sent at the same address, one on the sponsor's name one on the sponsored name.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:
so you already received the letter to go on with MICC?